Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #3856
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
How many times has Diaz retired now? WTF is going on with him? I like his younger brother so much more, has a lot less mental issues.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #3857
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

but seriously... nick is definitely complicated and has some issues. he's pissed me off plenty a time, but he's also a must-see fighter and very down to earth with fans.

i do think he has a bit of a persecution complex that he unintentionally fuels by his approach to life, but then everyone's got something. but at the end of the day he's a decent guy IMO. not very professional, but that's a different story.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #3858
Graviton
◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
but seriously... nick is definitely complicated and has some issues. he's pissed me off plenty a time, but he's also a must-see fighter and very down to earth with fans.

i do think he has a bit of a persecution complex that he unintentionally fuels by his approach to life, but then everyone's got something. but at the end of the day he's a decent guy IMO. not very professional, but that's a different story.
Yea, watching videos of him and his brother outside UFC really gives you the feel that they are your average down to earth guys. Always cool with the fans, taking pictures and talking with them. I think they just have issues with the bright lights and the mainstream show business.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #3859
jaydacris
Al

jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #3860
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

I really bet that Eddie Bravo is hoping for another Twister. Watch, if he does it, Eddie will be ALL OVER HIS DICK RIDING IT LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:03 AM   #3861
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
How the **** are these guys so highly ranked, especially Rory at #3 when he has only beaten 1 Top 10 opponent.

Who should be ranked above him?

Quote:
Rory is getting that Jon Jones hype push, just without the actual results, quality of opponents beaten and exciting performances.

He has 1 boring performance and all of the sudden he hasn't ever been exciting? He's beaten quality opponents. There's more to MMA than just the top 10. Why do some people act like if you're not in the top 10, then you're irrelevant?

Quote:
Even against Penn he was overly cautious, even though Penn was basically done and a punching bag. Rory just doesn't seem to have that killer instinct.

Eh, Penn is incredibly difficult to finish. He's only been finished twice, once after suffering broken ribs and the other was basically due to exhaustion at the end of the 4th round against GSP. Rory has 15 wins with 12 via stoppage, but he can't finish? Maybe he's given his past 2 opponents too much respect, but he's done what he's supposed to do - win.

Bellator has a nice card on tonight.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:21 AM   #3862
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

if the club falls through tonight i'll try to watch that. haven't seen live bellator in ages... never actually seen askren or chandler fight.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #3863
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
if the club falls through tonight i'll try to watch that. haven't seen live bellator in ages... never actually seen askren or chandler fight.

you aint missing much
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:01 PM   #3864
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
you aint missing much
What i like about him is that hes honest.Hes not like GSP where he hypes up a fight and says stupid stuff as if he was going KO someone or put a beating on him.Askren just straight up tells you hes going to blanket you.

But yayou aint missing much.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #3865
jaydacris
Al

Old 07-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #3866
jaydacris
Al

we taking ova!!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:27 PM   #3867
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris

Quote:
The UFC’s World Tour is not only bringing awareness to the planet that the Octagon will be ending its 2013 campaign in spectacular fashion, but it has also brought an end to the Georges St-Pierre (pictured) vs. Ronda Rousey rivalry.

Just eight months ago, St-Pierre said watching women’s mixed martial arts just wasn’t his thing, to which the outspoken Rousey promptly took exception to. Rousey countered by claiming she doesn’t like watching the welterweight champion fight because he looks to win on the scorecards instead of finishing his opponents.

Well, the UFC’s tour made a pit stop in New York City Wednesday which allowed GSP and Rousey to squash their beef in the Big Apple.

“Back in the day, I was not really into women’s MMA because the one I saw, it was [Cris 'Cyborg' Justino] and she was really brutalizing the other woman,” St-Pierre explained. “With my heart, I felt bad for the girl that was getting beat. Then, things evolved and I see the UFC get the women fighting. I actually saw the fight of Ronda, the armbar, I think she stands out from the other women. She had a nice set up for the armbar, it made me change my mind a little bit.”

Now that the UFC has showcased a handful of female fights, St-Pierre says he has a better grasp on what the ladies are all about. It appears he is now Captain WMMA.

“I’m not against women fighting, it’s just I didn’t really pay attention to it before,” GSP admitted. “Now, it’s part of the UFC and it’s part of my work and I’m in it. I was uneducated on the subject. The fight that I seen back in the day, it was very brutal. It was not calibrated (the French-Canadian may have meant “calculated”). It was one girl basically going through another girl.

“I watched Ronda’s last fight, she almost got choked and then she came back with a beautiful armbar. It was a beautiful display of skill. I’m the first to admit I made a mistake. I was uneducated on the subject.”

That comment brought a smile to Rousey’s cover girl face. The bantamweight champ said she understood GSP’s initial perspective on WMMA and explained why she dissed St-Pierre in response.

“I understood why,” Rousey said of GSP’s disinterest in her craft. “I had a lot of personal evolving to do, too. I have always been an adamant Nick Diaz fan and I was a little bit biased against Georges, I think, because [the Diaz brothers] are such good friends of mine. Now that the [Nick Diaz vs. St-Pierre] fight has already happened, [Georges] did a great job.

“He’s a great athlete and I’ve always had respect for him as an athlete and business man. And, I also said that the day that Georges St-Pierre said he loves women’s MMA, I will say I’m absolutely enthralled every time you fight.”

The two now-former rivals, who were sitting right next to each other at the podium, then hugged it out.

D'awwww. Both lying thru the skin of their teeth
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:55 PM   #3868
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
It was just announced on the Bellator MMA event on Spike TV that Quinton "Rampage" Jackson would not be fighting Roy Jones Jr. in a boxing match on pay-per-view at the end of the year as rumored. Instead, it will be Rampage in his home, the cage, fighting former friend and training partner, and the newest surprise addition to the Bellator MMA roster, Tito Ortiz.

Ortiz, who was retired, has signed a deal to fight for Bellator MMA, his first MMA home outside of the UFC in his career. While unconfirmed, it is possible Ortiz signed a joint deal with TNA Impact Wrestling, as the MMA star has worked for the organization in the past.

Can't wait to hear Dana react to this
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #3869
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Even though Rampage isn't much anymore, Tito is going to get murdered.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:37 PM   #3870
lucky001
Learning to shoot layups

Does tito owe money or something? He was washed up 5 years ago.
lucky001 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: