Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Well, I don't find him boring ... I think what does in the ring is incredible, very smart, methodical in his ways of fighting & I think a lot of fighters can really learn a lot from it.
But yet again, there are typical FANS that think they know something & just wanna see knockouts & all that other stuffs & overlook real talent, & there are UPCOMING FIGHTERS/FANS that understands a fighter & appreciate there game & actually learn from it --- so that's why it's so interesting for them to watch.
- I don't care to see him get KO's....I care about at least seeing him try and finish or at least engage!
- It's a timed sport FFS....if you get a dominate position....try and end the fight....don't lay n pray
- I understand how great GSP is...his stand up game is Top Shelf....but he now only uses it to get his opponent to commit...then POW! he puts his opponent on thier back......and pillow fists them for 5 rounds.
- I understand...." he doesn't want to perhaps lose his position and maybe take some damage"......winning is the ultimate goal....and his skillset is PERFECT for " UFC rules MMA"
- But if it was an old school Vale Tudo match....GSP would lose Fighting his current style ( since getting KO'd by Serra)...a great BJJ player could just but scoot and wait for GSP....
- a Timed MMA Match should be about " getting in a position to finish your opponent by submission or KO/TKO"...not about winning by way of decision
- I've seen too many Vale tTdo Fights/ Gracie Matches to know......just becuase you have great position doesn't mean you are a better fighter or better at Finishing your opponent.
- no doubt in my mind if GSP had to really fight....he would have def lost to Nick Diaz by TKO or submission
- he's a great fighter with an top shelf skillset....I Like watching him compete...just wish he would actually try to a end a fight rather then relying on position/scoring imaginary points.