Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #4006
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I find his style a bit boring myself, yet there I am watching everyone of his fights. He must be doing something right.
Well, I don't find him boring ... I think what does in the ring is incredible, very smart, methodical in his ways of fighting & I think a lot of fighters can really learn a lot from it.

But yet again, there are typical FANS that think they know something & just wanna see knockouts & all that other stuffs & overlook real talent, & there are UPCOMING FIGHTERS/FANS that understands a fighter & appreciate there game & actually learn from it --- so that's why it's so interesting for them to watch.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #4007
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Well, I don't find him boring ... I think what does in the ring is incredible, very smart, methodical in his ways of fighting & I think a lot of fighters can really learn a lot from it.

But yet again, there are typical FANS that think they know something & just wanna see knockouts & all that other stuffs & overlook real talent, & there are UPCOMING FIGHTERS/FANS that understands a fighter & appreciate there game & actually learn from it --- so that's why it's so interesting for them to watch.
Concur. But for me it's not about seeing ko's. It just about seeing finishes, and GSP has lacked in that category for awhile now. I don't mind decision wins, as long as the two fighters are in there to finish. Gsp at times seems like he is content to stall. Jmo
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #4008
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:

- I don't care to see him get KO's....I care about at least seeing him try and finish or at least engage!

- It's a timed sport FFS....if you get a dominate position....try and end the fight....don't lay n pray

- I understand how great GSP is...his stand up game is Top Shelf....but he now only uses it to get his opponent to commit...then POW! he puts his opponent on thier back......and pillow fists them for 5 rounds.

- I understand...." he doesn't want to perhaps lose his position and maybe take some damage"......winning is the ultimate goal....and his skillset is PERFECT for " UFC rules MMA"

- But if it was an old school Vale Tudo match....GSP would lose Fighting his current style ( since getting KO'd by Serra)...a great BJJ player could just but scoot and wait for GSP....

- a Timed MMA Match should be about " getting in a position to finish your opponent by submission or KO/TKO"...not about winning by way of decision

- I've seen too many Vale tTdo Fights/ Gracie Matches to know......just becuase you have great position doesn't mean you are a better fighter or better at Finishing your opponent.

- no doubt in my mind if GSP had to really fight....he would have def lost to Nick Diaz by TKO or submission

- he's a great fighter with an top shelf skillset....I Like watching him compete...just wish he would actually try to a end a fight rather then relying on position/scoring imaginary points.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #4009
DropStep
Good High School Starter

GSP said in the Joe Rogan Podcast he actually doesnt want rounds in a fight.

He would prefer a fight without any rounds until the person is finished or reaches the time limit which will be considered a draw.

Last edited by DropStep : 07-16-2013 at 09:59 PM.
DropStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:05 AM   #4010
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropStep
GSP said in the Joe Rogan Podcast he actually doesnt want rounds in a fight.

He would prefer a fight without any rounds until the person is finished or reaches the time limit which will be considered a draw.
He really just needs an excuse for laying on top of men for more then 5 minutes.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:09 AM   #4011
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
He really just needs an excuse for laying on top of men for more then 5 minutes.
Exactly.

Play to win. That's GSP's motto.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #4012
gigantes
A piece of fluff

so who is this masked criminal holding a gun to hundreds of thousands of peoples' heads, forcing them to watch GSP fight?

do you think they will ever catch the evil-doer in our lifetimes?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #4013
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
so who is this masked criminal holding a gun to hundreds of thousands of peoples' heads, forcing them to watch GSP fight?

do you think they will ever catch the evil-doer in our lifetimes?

He hasn't got me yet. Only seen him fight twice in the past 5 years.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:07 AM   #4014
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #4015
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Robert Drysdale pulled out due to Staph Infection
Old 07-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #4016
gigantes
A piece of fluff

so i learned a new move today... how to defend yourself from a shaving cream attack.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:23 AM   #4017
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #4018
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Breaking News: Holly Holm and Leonard Garcia have been kicked out Jackson's MMA for Finishing their opponents last night
Old 07-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #4019
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Breaking News: Holly Holm and Leonard Garcia have been kicked out Jackson's MMA for Finishing their opponents last night
haha

you know what's interesting about the way she did it, is she set it up the kick with a pawing feint just before. sort like weidman throwing that meaningless backhand that caused silva to lean back further, giving himself no place further to go. the power of distraction.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #4020
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
'After I beat Shogun I am dropping back to middleweight' ~ Chael Sonnen

Hmmm... I wonder why?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: