Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-04-2013, 02:30 AM   #4171
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Have no problem with the Davis decision.

Machida was winning the standup but not kicking his ass, and Davis scored takedowns and ended 2 rounds on top.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:15 AM   #4172
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

one judge gave davis the third round
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:24 AM   #4173
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

just watched it on youtube (lol). my thoughts:

- machida clear winner round one.
- rounds 2-3 not all that decisive either way.
- davis with a couple takedowns, but got very little done, there. LnP is little points in my book.
- when in doubt in these cases, i hit some stats. okay, fightmetric has it 27 - 21 significant strikes in favor of machida, 29 - 27 total strikes favor of davis, total performance rating 41 - 27 for machida.

CONCLUSION: somewhat close fight, but machida looks like the clear winner here. ISSUES: if the scoring / judging system isn't working, maybe it's time to revisit it. like, why is there this pressure to score a winner in each round? the rules permit 10 - 10 rounds to be scored, so why don't judges ever do that, like for rounds 2-3? and why can't fight stats be used to help decide close decisions?

thoughts on phil davis:

davis is one of the most unnatural-looking fighters i've even seen. he may be a great wrestler, but his main move in the octagon seems to be the bunny-hop. by the end of the 2nd he looked half-gassed merely from all the dorky dance floor moves he was throwing down.

when he's doing GnP his knee attacks look alright, but his arm strikes are straight from a bad cartoon, like pro wrestling. as in, make the motion of the strike but then pull back just as you connect so that almost zero damage is done. those strikes were some of the weirdest shit i've ever seen in MMA.

davis is in his prime now, but still looks like a work in progress. why is that? some wrestlers look like MMA world-beaters within a year or two of beginning (hello, weidman). this guy has been training for, what... six years now? and yet looks almost as uncomfortable on the feet as brock lesnar. so who's he train under, exactly? oh yea... alliance and lloyd irvin. alrighty then!

Last edited by gigantes : 08-04-2013 at 08:24 AM.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:34 AM   #4174
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Machida is now on a 3 fight black guy losing streak

He is 2-3 against African Americans

17-1 against everyone else

Old 08-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #4175
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Aldo hurt his foot in the first round, which is why he never threw any leg kicks and stayed flat footed most of the fight

Old 08-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #4176
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
just watched it on youtube (lol). my thoughts:

- machida clear winner round one.
- rounds 2-3 not all that decisive either way.
- davis with a couple takedowns, but got very little done, there. LnP is little points in my book.
- when in doubt in these cases, i hit some stats. okay, fightmetric has it 27 - 21 significant strikes in favor of machida, 29 - 27 total strikes favor of davis, total performance rating 41 - 27 for machida.

CONCLUSION: somewhat close fight, but machida looks like the clear winner here. ISSUES: if the scoring / judging system isn't working, maybe it's time to revisit it. like, why is there this pressure to score a winner in each round? the rules permit 10 - 10 rounds to be scored, so why don't judges ever do that, like for rounds 2-3? and why can't fight stats be used to help decide close decisions?

thoughts on phil davis:

davis is one of the most unnatural-looking fighters i've even seen. he may be a great wrestler, but his main move in the octagon seems to be the bunny-hop. by the end of the 2nd he looked half-gassed merely from all the dorky dance floor moves he was throwing down.

when he's doing GnP his knee attacks look alright, but his arm strikes are straight from a bad cartoon, like pro wrestling. as in, make the motion of the strike but then pull back just as you connect so that almost zero damage is done. those strikes were some of the weirdest shit i've ever seen in MMA.

davis is in his prime now, but still looks like a work in progress. why is that? some wrestlers look like MMA world-beaters within a year or two of beginning (hello, weidman). this guy has been training for, what... six years now? and yet looks almost as uncomfortable on the feet as brock lesnar. so who's he train under, exactly? oh yea... alliance and lloyd irvin. alrighty then!

- I thought Davis striking looked alot better.....( he was fighting Machida....most fighters look lost on the feet vs Machida)

- In fact...outside of the 2 knees and stiff jab Machida threw....I thought Davis did a moer damage against machida on the feet...

I was not surprised at all at Davis winning ( especially under UFC rules.....takedowns and control are important)

Davis even threw a great switch kick against Machida in the 2nd round ( I think)...

Machida needs to fight with more urgency....that's twice he lost on decisions that he could have won if he was more aggressive...

It's a timed event FFS!
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #4177
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
- I thought Davis striking looked alot better.....( he was fighting Machida....most fighters look lost on the feet vs Machida)

- In fact...outside of the 2 knees and stiff jab Machida threw....I thought Davis did a moer damage against machida on the feet...

I was not surprised at all at Davis winning ( especially under UFC rules.....takedowns and control are important)

Davis even threw a great switch kick against Machida in the 2nd round ( I think)...

Machida needs to fight with more urgency....that's twice he lost on decisions that he could have won if he was more aggressive...

It's a timed event FFS!
yea, youíre right i think. and itís true davis is definitely coming along. i would really like to see him train somewhere else, though. heís hitting his prime and still has some weird habits and tendencies IMO. iím also just not a big fan of alliance (ex: products like leben) and irvin (ex: rape cases and attitude).
Old 08-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #4178
jaydacris
Rose

Weidman is officially f*cked

Quote:
However, Silva knows he canít overlook Weidman.

"I had a nightmare with Weidman, but I donít fear him," Anderson said during the radio interview. "He is determined, but has two arms and two legs just like me. Now Iíll bring Chuck Norris (to my camp). Iíll bring both, Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal."

Old 08-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #4179
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris

If he knocks him out with a roundhouse I'm gonna lose my shit.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #4180
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Chuck MutaF**kin Norris!?!?

it just ain't fair.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #4181
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:

( shit just got real gif)

Last edited by AlphaWolf24 : 08-05-2013 at 05:08 PM.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:29 AM   #4182
gigantes
A piece of fluff

interesting... jack slack has a lot more faith in alistair overeem than i figured. says he basically has all the tools, if only he can put them together and fight smart every fight.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...should-be-king
Old 08-09-2013, 04:03 AM   #4183
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Never been a fan of Overeem. He's got a few quality wins on his resume, but has lost pretty much all his fights against the elite.

And I'm not usually one to make accusations, but how roided out is this guy now? I remember he spent most of prime in Pride fighting at LHW.... now he walks around at 265+.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #4184
jaydacris
Rose

John Morgan
@MMAjunkieJohn
Just spoke to event source who told me Lew Polley weighed 237 pounds for his light heavyweight bout. Expecting for WSOF to release him.

32 pounds over the limit
Old 08-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #4185
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
John Morgan
@MMAjunkieJohn
Just spoke to event source who told me Lew Polley weighed 237 pounds for his light heavyweight bout. Expecting for WSOF to release him.

32 pounds over the limit

Good lord
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: