Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-17-2013, 10:48 PM   #4186
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

LOL @ Chael's post fight interview. Nice win.

Where do you think this will put Shogun now?
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #4187
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Yea and honestly Sonnen is pretty damn elite, just because he got destroyed by Jones and Silva everyone started calling him washed up and one dimensional but at 36 it's crazy how good he is. He can still beat almost all MWs and some of the Top 10 LHWs.

tbh he didnt get destroyed by Silva. Manhandled Silva the 1st fight, but lost in the final secs by triangle. And in the 2nd fight, he was holding his own till he slipped on his retarded attempt at a spinning backfist where he would lose after getting shot in the chest by a Silva knee.

Jones on the other hand did destroy him.

So yea, Chael is pretty damn good.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #4188
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
LOL @ Chael's post fight interview. Nice win.

Where do you think this will put Shogun now?

Somewhere between Rampage Jackson and Tito Ortiz
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #4189
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
... I believe Overeem gassed out after dropping those bombs on Hapa, which led him to drop his hands down & Hapa capitalized on it. But at the same time, his ego was there & that led him to keep moving forward with his hands down, & thought that Hapa was still rocked. ... EGO.
haha, i was going to post this just now. i think this is pretty much what happened. ego and terrible habits or something.

overeem got semi-gassed, which was perfectly understandable, but instead of fighting strategically he just did his usual 'tank slowly moving forward' thing. the 1st or 2nd time browne sent him one of those nasty upkicks, he should have gone back to the clinch or started timing and dancing back or something.

but clinch probably would have been best, i'm thinking... he could have hugged out the round, thrown in some knees to keep it legit, and been patient for his second wind to arrive. browne was his when he had the energy to go after him...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #4190
Graviton
◕‿◕

Overreem looked kinda fat and not as cut. His 6 pack was barely there and he had lot of jiggly fat. Looked like Lesnar ironically. Compared to how he looked against Brock it was like night and day.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #4191
Graviton
◕‿◕

Oh and those prelims were the GOAT, holy shit just quality battle one after the other. Mayday is my favorite bantamweight and he always delivers with his amazing speed and accuracy, those punches are so well timed and delivered. Just love his style. And that McGregor guy was like the Irish Machida just dancing around and throwing those kicks and punches, was hilarious to watch that beatdown.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #4192
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

IMO overeem was overcut in the past. all that muscle looks great, but uses up a tonne of energy reserves. if it doesn't serve some useful purpose it needs to be shed.

the last emperor and cain show very nicely that a little body fat can actually be a nice built-in fuel system.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #4193
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
un-flupping-believable. how the hell does overeem dominate these fights and then throw them away like this? is his chin just gone at this point?

jesus... how browne survived that onslaught...

- His Gas Tank/Cardio is F'ing Horrible....it always has been.....

- and now that he's off his horse meat....it sucks even worse.

- but give credit to Browne...he is a top tier fighter and a big threat to Cain/JDS
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:01 AM   #4194
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

Exclamation Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
IMO overeem was overcut in the past. all that muscle looks great, but uses up a tonne of energy reserves. if it doesn't serve some useful purpose it needs to be shed.

the last emperor and cain show very nicely that a little body fat can actually be a nice built-in fuel system.

Well, everyone's different. Brock showed in the past that all that muscle mass can actually be effective --- if you just know how to use it.

Alistair just gotta get back to his old self without the Roids & just gotta do straight-up Strength & Conditioning & reinvent himself.

Right now, he's just not being himself -- mentally & physically. I think that the Roids just really really drained him & it looks bad & that really affected his game.

He still has it, he just needs to figure out what's lacking. & IMO, strength & conditioning will do him really good.

A shredded Overeem will be something.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #4195
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Thanks reem i had faith in you for the first time and you lose me 30 bucks.Oh well i'll gain it back when Barnett destroys Mir.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #4196
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

Lol we'll see.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #4197
Randy Savage
I hit open layups

funniest part of the reem KO was that browne threw that kick like 10 times before it finally landed. like cmon Overeem... take a hint
Randy Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #4198
jaydacris
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Savage
funniest part of the reem KO was that browne threw that kick like 10 times before it finally landed. like cmon Overeem... take a hint

i was thinking the same thing
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #4199
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
Well, everyone's different. Brock showed in the past that all that muscle mass can actually be effective --- if you just know how to use it. ...
yea, but the difference is that brock's physique was along the lines of his real build. even if he didn't lift weights he'd still have a pretty monstrous build. he was also a much better natural athlete than overeem. at least at his fighting weight, anyway.

overeem is very tall, obviously, but his real build is not that amazing before hitting the weights and whatever supplements. if you look at the narrow points of his physique that can't be altered much by muscle mass, you'll see what i mean.

those two things, natural build and athleticism, are a huge gulf between the two.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:53 AM   #4200
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

Quote:
yea, but the difference is that brock's physique was along the lines of his real build. even if he didn't lift weights he'd still have a pretty monstrous build. he was also a much better natural athlete than overeem. at least at his fighting weight, anyway.

overeem is very tall, obviously, but his real build is not that amazing before hitting the weights and whatever supplements. if you look at the narrow points of his physique that can't be altered much by muscle mass, you'll see what i mean.

those two things, natural build and athleticism, are a huge gulf between the two.

Yes, I agree with you. lol

All I'm saying is that they are good in their own ways, & Overeem was at his best when he was all well-muscled.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: