Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #4351
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
just looking at that pic above and pondering...

if daniel doesn't have health / energy issues going to 205, i'm not sure what jones has for him. hellbows, yes. deadly, deadly hellbows.

but otherwise i see him being outwrestled, outboxed... and a lot of his blows (especially feet and shins) just bouncing off daniel in a way that jones has never seen before. the guy is already prone to injury... not hard to imagine him getting another big one against corms.

Outstruck in the clinch maybe, but I see Jones as the better striker from range if he can keep it there. Cormier hasn't been exciting to watch, but he is great at nullifying his opponents. He could definitely do that to Jones as well, pressing him up against the cage and outwork him. He needs to watch out for those elbows for sure though (JDS hit Cain with a few as well).
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #4352
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

http://youtu.be/iWY4YtVWl3Y

#Respect
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #4353
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGordon23
It was a recap episode. Its just rousey tate and dana explaining whats happened so far this season.
thank you.

interesting snippets i've read about it. tate saying that if she gets arm-barred again, she'll shoot herself in the face in the octagon (will they smuggle the gun in her spit bucket?). dana saying that he almost axed rousey from TUF because her rep wanted too much money (sounds like he's blowing smoke as usual).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
Outstruck in the clinch maybe, but I see Jones as the better striker from range if he can keep it there. Cormier hasn't been exciting to watch, but he is great at nullifying his opponents. He could definitely do that to Jones as well, pressing him up against the cage and outwork him. He needs to watch out for those elbows for sure though (JDS hit Cain with a few as well).
yup, agreed. once he picks his spot and drives in to jones, he will have a much more powerful base to work with. but i wonder if 12-6 elbows count if they're being thrown point-blank, body on body...?

in other jones news, the UFC apparently changed their stats yet again for the gus fight. they have gusty winning decisively, although at the same time... total strikes and significant strikes are the same, which is obviously wrong.

also, from the vlog lakergold posted, jones looks pretty... uh...
http://oi40.tinypic.com/23ldysy.jpg
gigantes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #4354
jaydacris
Al

Tito Ortiz injured. Out of main event for bellator Ppv

Lol....
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #4355
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

Tito out, Dana WIN.

Old 10-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #4356
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
thank you.

interesting snippets i've read about it. tate saying that if she gets arm-barred again, she'll shoot herself in the face in the octagon (will they smuggle the gun in her spit bucket?). dana saying that he almost axed rousey from TUF because her rep wanted too much money (sounds like he's blowing smoke as usual).

yup, agreed. once he picks his spot and drives in to jones, he will have a much more powerful base to work with. but i wonder if 12-6 elbows count if they're being thrown point-blank, body on body...?

in other jones news, the UFC apparently changed their stats yet again for the gus fight. they have gusty winning decisively, although at the same time... total strikes and significant strikes are the same, which is obviously wrong.

also, from the vlog lakergold posted, jones looks pretty... uh...
http://oi40.tinypic.com/23ldysy.jpg

Why are these the tags for the picture? lol

Tags: use imgur f@g

Last edited by $LakerGold : 10-25-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #4357
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

SPRAINED LEFT PVSSY LIP. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

OMG.. I'm rollin so hard on these hateful comments for Tito.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #4358
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Tito out, Dana WIN.

Dana White is publicly celebrating a fighter's injury?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #4359
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Dana White is publicly celebrating a fighter's injury?
Do you know anything about their history? Just curious.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #4360
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

In all seriousness though, I hope Tito will be fine. He recracked his skull again. It's that neck injury. You must see the video if you still haven't watched it.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #4361
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Do you know anything about their history? Just curious.
I'm not knowledgeable about what kinds of things White says, I am willing to admit that. I just find it tasteless for a guy that has achieved all his success because of what guys like Ortiz put their bodies through would be happy to see one of them hurt.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #4362
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

Quote:
I'm not knowledgeable about what kinds of things White says, I am willing to admit that. I just find it tasteless for a guy that has achieved all his success because of what guys like Ortiz put their bodies through would be happy to see one of them hurt.
You must read some stuffs about it. It's between them, they hate each other so much.....

There's been so many things going on between them, that Dana tweeting something like this is something normal for us now. It's like we're immune to it.

But yea, you gotta read up some articles to know where I'm coming from with this. lol
Old 10-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #4363
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
agree.

dana is a routinely obnoxious asshole who needs to let go of things. at the same time, he's without question the most candid, interesting, loose-cannon in the fight industry. love him or hate him, dude is outright fascinating.

interesting side-note is that, reading between the lines, dana being dana might be the biggest reason why the UFC didn't jump to ESPN, merely fox. go to the talk sites to read more about all that... MMAUG, sherdog... etc.

at the same time, WTF is viacom (viacan't?) thinking...? who the f--k really wanted to watch old man tito and old man rampage leaning on each other for whatever rounds...? bunches of old men bringing in kegs and dancing girls they'd never dare touch...?

of course, this also means that tito is being a total and complete idiot about the situation. as in, NOBODY gives a F--K if he's badly injured or not. he's walking in to the arena on his name, not his current skills. WWF and all that horseshit clearly has much to teach those knuckleheads......

yes, much.
gigantes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #4364
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Dana is a asshole plain and simple.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #4365
B-Low
The Love B-Low

So yeah Bellator PPV officially cancelled and moved to Spike TV next Saturday night at 9. Honestly it's a nice card for free TV including Alvarez/Chandler II...but I would never have paid even $20 for it
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: