Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-22-2013, 01:42 AM   #4426
plowking
well DENG

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Like I said, dictating the pace is big with the judges, if you are the one always going forward and pushing the action while your opponent is running away all fight you gonna get the benefit of the doubt.

Nah man.

Load of bollocks. You can't stand in front of certain fighters. You have to move.
Plus, you can chase a guy, but if you keep getting hit and your face looks twice as bad as the other guy... well... its obvious who was getting the better of the fight.
Should be a rematch.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:44 AM   #4427
Jameerthefear
Banned

one of my first time watching mma and who i want to win wins
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:50 AM   #4428
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ SIMPSON 2.0
Google Chrome heck even IE is better than M0zilla.
first of all, you're just a straight-up moron for mentioning IE. nobody in their right minds mentions that, for about 999 obvious reasons, all equally valid.

second, chrome has likely jumped right past FF as being the #2 most targeted security flaw on the net.

working conclusion: you think murdering people is funny, and you're a total idiot.

care to correct me on any of that, bro?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:53 AM   #4429
OJ SIMPSON 2.0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
first of all, you're just a straight-up moron for mentioning IE. nobody in their right minds mentions that, for about 999 obvious reasons, all equally valid.

second, chrome has likely jumped right past FF as being the #2 most targeted security flaw on the net.

working conclusion: you think murdering people is funny, and you're a total idiot.

Damn you sound mad
OJ SIMPSON 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:55 AM   #4430
Budadiiii
Live Strong.

Great fight. Not really surprised by the decision - except for that 49-46..

Jones won the last two rounds pretty decisively. The first three were incredibly close..

That elbow in the 4th was huge, changed everything...

Once again.. SWEDEN STAND THE **** UP!!!!!! Alexander the GREAT is the new LHW CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:57 AM   #4431
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Gus seems to have a good plan to deal with Jones' spinning elbow, but he can't just dodge them all.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:59 AM   #4432
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Nah man.

Load of bollocks. You can't stand in front of certain fighters. You have to move.
Plus, you can chase a guy, but if you keep getting hit and your face looks twice as bad as the other guy... well... its obvious who was getting the better of the fight.
Should be a rematch.
Depends if those shots hurt the guy, most of the damage Jones had on his face was from the early cut. His elbows, headkicks and knees hurt Gus more than the jabs Jones got hit with. I think if Gus didn't get caught in the 4th he woulda won, but the amount of damage Jones put out in those 2 rounds probably gave him the edge.

I wanna see the official scores round by round, also I think some Frankie Edgar kinda shit happened as well when the undefeated champ gets some extra votes even if he technically didn't win convincingly.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:08 AM   #4433
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

I felt like Jon lost the first 3 rounds. Arguably won the 3rd one though, knowing that he landed a bunch of high-kicks, & I believe that's the round where he kind of knocked the wind out of Gustaffson when he threw that body kick.

We've never seen Jon struggle with his takedowns like that. Seriously, wow ... really impressed with Gustaff's takedown defense. Jon looked slow in the first 3 rounds, it was like Gustaffson surprised him with those punches. Never seen him like that before. He looked hesitant or froze up a bit.

Yeah, 49-46 was ridiculous,... lol wtf

I really thought Jon was going to lose. I felt so relieved when he won, really.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:13 AM   #4434
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
I felt like Jon lost the first 3 rounds. Arguably won the 3rd one though, knowing that he landed a bunch of high-kicks, & I believe that's the round where he kind of knocked the wind out of Gustaffson when he threw that body kick.

We've never seen Jon struggle with his takedowns like that. Seriously, wow ... really impressed with Gustaff's takedown defense. Jon looked slow in the first 3 rounds, it was like Gustaffson surprised him with those punches. Never seen him like that before. He looked hesitant or froze up a bit.

Yeah, 49-46 was ridiculous,... lol wtf

I really thought Jon was going to lose. I felt so relieved when he won, really.

Early on Jones always has that freezing tendency and kinda holds his hand next to his face while getting punched, looking awkward. I could swear he closed his eyes on some of those shots.

But he always turns it on as the fight goes on, what he needs to do is not go for desperate obvious takedowns and try the trips and judo moves he used on Bonner. His wrestling has really looked crappy for his last few fights compared to his older ones, he is concentrating more on striking instead of wrestling like he said in the post fight interview.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #4435
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Early on Jones always has that freezing tendency and kinda holds his hand next to his face while getting punched, looking awkward. I could swear he closed his eyes on some of those shots.

But he always turns it on as the fight goes on, what he needs to do is not go for desperate obvious takedowns and try the trips and judo moves he used on Bonner. His wrestling has really looked crappy for his last few fights compared to his older ones, he is concentrating more on striking instead of wrestling like he said in the post fight interview.

He took down Chael. lol
Old 09-22-2013, 02:25 AM   #4436
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

I would say that he would usually take it slow, estimate his opponents in the first round, & then increase the pace after that. But it's fascinating to see that it took him 3 rounds to switch it on. Gustaffson's striking really got to him.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:26 AM   #4437
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes

You sound mad, bro. Were you rooting for Gustaffson?
Old 09-22-2013, 02:27 AM   #4438
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

i thought gus won but it was refreshing to see jones in a real war. this will probably go down as FOTY. rematch!
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:29 AM   #4439
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Jones clearly won. It was close and good but he clearly won.

Outstruck Alex for the first 3 mins of round 1, Alex evened it up and then got a take down and did nothing. Jones wins

2nd and 3rd were close

4th jones clearly won and almost ended the fight

5th jones clearly won
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:29 AM   #4440
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

People were just expecting Alex to get mauled so when he didn't get dominated they thought he was winning.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: