Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #4456
Budadiiii
Banned
 
Budadiiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 13,010
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Dana called GSP the morning after the fight and apologized for being a dumbass. Said he rewatched the fight and indeed thought GSP was the winner.

Personally, I think the guy loves to make an ass of himself... but to each their own.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #4457
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,919
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
Dana called GSP the morning after the fight and apologized for being a dumbass. Said he rewatched the fight and indeed thought GSP was the winner.

Personally, I think the guy loves to make an ass of himself... but to each their own.
I remember during the post-fight conference, he said he only gave GSP round 3 which stupid since he also clearly won round 5. Dana just gets a bit too heated after these things.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #4458
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,019
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
... Personally, I think the guy loves to make an ass of himself... but to each their own.
i think what he's addicted to is being passionate and self-righteous... using those moments to try to look like a big man, influence other peoples' opinions and push his loud-mouthed agendas.

it must have worked for him more than a few times along the way, but he seems to think it's the way to go 99% of the time, now.

scorched earth, burned bridges... he never seems to learn the lesson.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #4459
Budadiiii
Banned
 
Budadiiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 13,010
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i think what he's addicted to is being passionate and self-righteous... using those moments to try to look like a big man, influence other peoples' opinions and push his loud-mouthed agendas.

it must have worked for him more than a few times along the way, but he seems to think it's the way to go 99% of the time, now.

scorched earth, burned bridges... he never seems to learn the lesson.
Well said. I think that's what makes the guy so lovable. he's real, relatable, and pretty much a troll like the rest of us.

Some lulzy stuff:
http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/haymake...e-board-112213
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #4460
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,019
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

haha, keepin' it real.

no question that he's the most entertaining promoter of them all.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #4461
lefthook00
College star
 
lefthook00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,984
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
jones got his ass kicked and is still nursing injuries from that fight.

i can understand why he's talking like this. one moment he's having fun whipping people... living large... basking in his fame. suddenly he takes the beating of his life, looks like a horror show, and is in pain for months afterwards.

didn't see that one coming, didja jonesy?

He getting injured in a lot of his fights recently but still wins, which is a testament to his toughness, b/c he is kind of frail, especially his legs. I mean, who snaps a toe to the point where the bone pokes through....simply from leaning on it? LOL.

Since Gus has the length, heavy legs, isn't afraid of Jones' wrestling or his hands, he should simply bash the sh*t out of Jones' legs from the start. Jones wouldn't be able to walk halfway through the fight.

He did say that the Gus fight was the dogfight that he had hoped for, that he was glad that it was such an ugly fight.

He also said that he wants a superfight with Cain...which might not be the best thing for him haha.

Last edited by lefthook00 : 11-24-2013 at 05:20 PM.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #4462
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark
 
$LakerGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ☆Home of the 16☆
Posts: 7,496
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Miesha getting knocked out with a head kick. omg...

http://youtu.be/R1flK0N-VXY?t=1m7s
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:07 AM   #4463
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,019
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Saw this on Facebook earlier. People say that it's fake.

idk.... if it's real, wow, good for her... #mmasaveslives
hmm... i just randomly came across the inside story on this. it was apparently both real AND fake.


meaning she was indeed a muay thai expert, but it was also a demonstration... not a real crime being committed.
http://elitedaily.com/news/world/guy...natcher-video/
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:12 AM   #4464
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,019
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
He getting injured in a lot of his fights recently but still wins, which is a testament to his toughness, b/c he is kind of frail, especially his legs. I mean, who snaps a toe to the point where the bone pokes through....simply from leaning on it? LOL.

Since Gus has the length, heavy legs, isn't afraid of Jones' wrestling or his hands, he should simply bash the sh*t out of Jones' legs from the start. Jones wouldn't be able to walk halfway through the fight.

He did say that the Gus fight was the dogfight that he had hoped for, that he was glad that it was such an ugly fight.

He also said that he wants a superfight with Cain...which might not be the best thing for him haha.
agree, jones is tough as nails. his body can't quite keep up with his skill and talent, in a sense.

and yea, jones has always looked bothered by leg kicks, but i guess his opponents don't want to risk giving him a shoot opportunity. since his ground and pound is so lethal.


but at this point he's deep in his own head if he thinks he should be fighting cain. his body would fall apart just trying to tangle with average UFC HW's, much less the elites.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #4465
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,303
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Yeah i saw Bones talkin about he plans to fight Cain sometime in 2014.

That's...not a good....idea Jon
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #4466
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,303
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
at least he's not a pvssy about it

gsp

gsp is a pvssy

iswhat im trying to say

Pssh Whateva!

But nah Jones should at least wait til 2015. His next fight is against Glover in the spring probably, and I'm assuming he'll only fight twice next year, so that would mean in order to fight Cain next year he'd have to take that as his first heavyweight fight ever. Cain f'n Velasquez isn't somebody you test the waters against. That's like taking your drivers license test in a semi truck
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #4467
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry
 
Brujesino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 209
Posts: 16,312
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Pssh Whateva!

But nah Jones should at least wait til 2015. His next fight is against Glover in the spring probably, and I'm assuming he'll only fight twice next year, so that would mean in order to fight Cain next year he'd have to take that as his first heavyweight fight ever. Cain f'n Velasquez isn't somebody you test the waters against. That's like taking your drivers license test in a semi truck
The best fight the best 3 times a year you fuck
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:25 AM   #4468
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark
 
$LakerGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ☆Home of the 16☆
Posts: 7,496
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Dana finally shutting his mouth regarding about the GSP b.s.? It's about time. No news about him so far. lol
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #4469
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,019
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

BE wishes us all...

gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #4470
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark
 
$LakerGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ☆Home of the 16☆
Posts: 7,496
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Happy Thanksgiving!

$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy