Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-22-2013, 03:29 AM   #4471
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
What's a pic share? lol
WTF are you talking about? so all you're really saying is that jones' training partners and team approved the decision?

nothing more?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:42 AM   #4472
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
An injury that happens during a fight certainly isn't an excuse.

An explanation though
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:47 AM   #4473
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

To be honest, yeah, they're a team, so I bet that's what they were hoping for. If he won, then he won. If he lost, then he lost, & they'd know for a fact that there's something they need to work on. But this time, he won & clearly they know exactly what he needs to work on. You can't be a fighter's coach & be like "damn, my fighter should have lost that fight." lol & He's not making an excuse, he's just giving us an update. & if that was the reason why Jon was slowed down for the first few, then it is what it is. He's a coach & that was his take on it. That post was not meant for the public btw. lol

& WTF? All I asked was what you meant by PIC SHARE?

Anyway, Bubba & Conrad haven't posted anything for the past 3 hours. So I don't know. lol

Last edited by $LakerGold : 09-22-2013 at 03:53 AM.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:55 AM   #4474
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Quote:
Jones’s shorts sport the Nike swoosh and Gatorade ‘G’. Your move, Condom Depot.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:55 AM   #4475
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
To be honest, yeah, they're a team, so I bet that's what they were hoping for. If he won, then he won. If he lost, then he lost, & they'd know for a fact that there's something they need to work on. But this time, he won & clearly they know exactly what he needs to work on. You can't be a fighter's coach & be like "damn, my fighter should have lost that fight." lol & He's not making an excuse, he's just giving us an update. & if that was the reason why Jon was slowed down for the first few, then it is what it is. He's a coach & that was his take on it. That post was not meant for the public btw. lol

& WTF? All I asked was what you meant by PIC SHARE?...
not exactly sure. switching sites right now, possibly overexcited, not sure what the argument was. maybe doublecheck it later. hah!
Old 09-22-2013, 03:56 AM   #4476
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
not exactly sure. switching sites right now, possibly overexcited, not sure what the argument was. maybe doublecheck it later. hah!
smh.... lol
Old 09-22-2013, 04:05 AM   #4477
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 6m
VIDEO: In response to booing, @FuryJury tells his critics to 'try to get in here and do it' http://sbn.to/1eza0Jo

I'm starting to like this kid.

Still disappointed that Mike Ricci lost though.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:24 AM   #4478
iTare
I win

Gus lands more shots

Jon lands more significant ones.

Such a hard fight to juge IMO.
iTare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:29 AM   #4479
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
smh.... lol
all people get one freebie from me. enjoy.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #4480
lefthook00
College star

Anyone see Jones limping out of the octagon? It looks like he tore a ligament in his knee or hyper-extended it. I don't think he would have skipped the post-fight presser if his knee was okay.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #4481
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Both fighters were taken to the hospital immediately after the fight. Jones' face was badly brutalized, and he was sporting a huge cut, busted nose, fattened lips and plenty of welts. Gustafsson didn't show quite as much wear, but he was so exhausted following the fight that he needed his corner's help to raise his arms to put his shirt back on.

After the fight, Jones was quoted as saying (via Jeff Wagenheim of Sports Illustrated), "Man, I tell you what, I've been asking for a dogfight for a long time. And I finally got that dogfight."

Jones was taken out of the arena on a stretcher. Gustafsson left under his own power.

When they crossed paths at the same hospital, the Swede took the chance to take a photo with the man he had been fighting with just hours earlier. You can see the picture he posted on his Facebook profile here

Quote:
Jones looks much worse for wear than Gustafsson in the picture. In addition to the damage to his face, he is sporting a swollen forehead on par with Georges St-Pierre's following his victory over Carlos Condit in 2012. You can also see Gustafsson holding up Jones' hand as he throws up a sign.

Both fighters, thankfully, were released from the hospital earlier today. Neither had any broken bones or serious injuries.

Damn Jones had to be stretchered out
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #4482
millwad
Banned

I won't say who won and who didn't, I'm too biased to do so but man, what a freaking fight by Gustafsson.

People here in Sweden are really on his bandwagon now, my FB was filled with updates about he was robbed and stuff.

Just watched the fight myself, really hard to give any of them an edge but man, I never expected Gustafsson to bust Jones face like that. After the fight Jones nose looked twice as big, his lips were swollen and his forhead had a massive bump on it and he was carried out with a stretcher.

Amazing performance from Gustafsson, in all honesty I thought it would be a brutal beatdown before but by the looks of their faces, Jones was the one who got the worst beating even though he won.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #4483
gigantes
A piece of fluff

fightmetric gave the edge to jones in strikes and SS's, but most of them were pretty ineffectual IMO... pitty-pat lead-leg kicks, mediocre body and head strikes. of course, he made up for that with those beautiful hellbows and a couple of high head kicks, but most definitely i thought gus did the greater damage by way of his crisp boxing.

it's funny... not too long ago JDS, silva and jones all looked like they could dominate for years and hardly take a scratch as they racked up the body counts. yet in almost straight succession, each one has now taken the beating of his life or been knocked cold.

and a fourth member in GSP could be joining them soon. little johny seems to have more punching power than meathead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6JLJAiRHRU
Old 09-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #4484
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Props to both guys for being warriors but let me get this straight; The guy on the stretcher w/ a face that looks like it got stung by a nest of angry bees is the winner while the guy who's merely sporting a couple bruises on his face and able to stand on his own is the loser?

I'll stand by my statement, Gus won that fight.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #4485
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
Props to both guys for being warriors but let me get this straight; The guy on the stretcher w/ a face that looks like it got stung by a nest of angry bees is the winner while the guy who's merely sporting a couple bruises on his face and able to stand on his own is the loser?

I'll stand by my statement, Gus won that fight.

Yup, did you watch? Jonny won.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: