Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-01-2013, 01:06 AM   #4531
Brujesino
BoGawd

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
brujesino, there's really just one of two possibilities, here--

either you're a total idiot who barely understands english.

or you just signed up to take care of lakersgold.
and
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:57 AM   #4532
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

Anthony Pettis' little brother Sergio got signed to UFC. he's an undefeated Bantamweight in other promotions, most notably RFA.

He'll debut at UFC 167. gogo Pettis bros!
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #4533
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

@gigantes

:))

I've discussed this with a lot of people before, & I always give them the same & straight answer. Do I think that Frank still has it in him? Yeah, definitely. Do I think that he can beat Alistair? Of course. Like I said before, you can never count someone out in a fight; especially in the UFC. So, it's really more of an opinion until it becomes a fact. So as a huge fan of his, believing in him is really all we have to offer for him. But yet again, his chances are very very slim; knowing that he's going against Alistair.

I think that his biggest weakness is his ego/pride. He takes a lot of pride in his grappling game; & sometimes it led him to a beating. Sometimes, you just gotta make those adjustments, but for him; I don't think he sees that, I think that he sees a guy that's always a step ahead of everyone when it comes to grappling. But him being stubborn is what led to some of those victories in the past, the breaking of the arm of Big Nog, & knocked out Kongo, & submitting Brock.

Since he trains with Travis Browne, I really bet Travis is telling him to stay off the fence, & just by that --- that makes him even more want to engage the clinch with Alistair.

I think that if he pulls guard on Alistair ... I'm gonna be shitting on everyone in here. It's been 2 years

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE.

$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #4534
gigantes
‪ ‪

@lakersgold,
ah, i respect that a lot, and good explanation. comments following...

@brujesino,
perdon... ornery night, like in guadalajara when the bars close early due to some bullshit catholic ceremony, and you have to go back and spend the rest of the night playing cards con su tia y abuela sipping te yerbo, calor.

not sure about frank in this next fight. i mean, i've put him down from time to time, but he's indeed a HOFer and still a top-ten fighter who is a gatekeeper at worst. so IMO it's disrespectful to threaten either / both over the outcome of this fight.

overall i think dana has helped the sport more than otherwise, but every week i get mad about how he handled something.

when i think about mir's chances, my mind still thinks back and reels over the overeem - lesnar fight. i mean, one was pumped, one was half-sick... but even given those facts, if brock had merely taken the guy down, i fail to see how the fight wouldn't have quickly been over. or at least an energy-destroying fight-changer for the under-person.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #4535
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

Btw frank mir vs overeem got moved to ufc 169
Ufc 169 main event is jones vs glover
Old 10-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #4536
OJ SIMPSON 2.0
Banned

I can't believe Gusstafson and Jones are not getting an immediate rematch all because Jones asked to fight Glover first. Dana spoils his champs especially when it comes to his golden boys GSP and Jones.

I've also heard BJ Penn and Edgar are coach next years ultimate fighter. BJ is going to become a featherweight, I'm curious to see how it goes. A motivated Penn can beat anybody.
OJ SIMPSON 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #4537
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
A motivated Penn can beat anybody.
Please join the rest of us in 2013. BJ isn't beating any top fighters unless it's a fluke.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #4538
lefthook00
College star

Schaub vs. Mir!
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #4539
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

Old 10-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #4540
B-Low
The Love B-Low

F*ckin Lavar Johnson

They give him a whole hype video package, a backstory feature and then he comes out and gets laid out face first in like 40 seconds
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:27 AM   #4541
gigantes
‪ ‪

finally caught this week's TUF episode. i wonder how long i'm going to last with this.

i think the UFC could take that classic fights program they run on hulu and add something to freshen it up for live TV. for example, they could pause in between rounds and do an updated, more professional breakdown of what went right and what went wrong rather than just rogan and goldy hurriedly recapping highlights. maybe find a way to relate the techniques covered to upcoming fights.

maybe do a little gameshow-style segment in which the action is paused at certain times, three choices / scenerios are presented for what happens next, and viewers text in their guesses as part of some kind of running contest or something. anything to get people involved. sort of like chess problems.

at least this way they'd be starting with a solid product, i.e. classic fights. the problem with TUF is that they're starting with something of mediocre interest in the first place. i mean, ronda and miesha's personalities are getting pretty stale at this point, most of the fighters are pretty uninteresting, and of the two people who probably stand out the most, one is that total d--khead coach edmond tarverdyan. the other is that super likeable roxanne modaferri... who looks shot at this point in her career, honestly.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:53 AM   #4542
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

I tend to get bored of TUF when I realize none of the fighter are legit UFC material. I'm not a big fan of the mens 135lb weight class either.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:05 AM   #4543
gigantes
‪ ‪

personally i don't mind watching the little guys on TUF... these guys do fight balls to the wall from what i've seen. my problem is that watching them chill at the house and stuff is becoming pretty stale. it's kind of an ancient reality show format at this point and time is not being kind to it.

@bdreason,
that does make me wonder though... do you have any sense of what percentage of these guys make it in the more successful MMA orgs? like bellator, WSOF, etc...?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #4544
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

http://youtu.be/x5bYiIWy_v0 ... Behind the scenes from UFC 164.

Anyway, Maia Vs. Shields about to start right now!
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #4545
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

Palhares got banned from ufc for his submission hold vs pierce and of course his bad history of holding subs too long
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: