Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-19-2011, 08:57 AM   #466
Godzuki
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Silva got lucky? Silva had a serious rib injury and Sonnen was juicing. Sonnen shouldn't get the next shot, but probably will because he's good at the publicity side. I hope Silva straight up KOs him within the first 2 rounds.

thats just a lame excuse to me, if he was so hurt he shouldn't have fought then. i still don't buy his rib injury would've changed much since Sonnen's ground and pound is dominating against almost everyone. if anything Sonnen IS Silva's counter in fight style, and i don't think lucky subs truly show who the better fighter is if they fight multiples of times where 1 fluke isn't the basis of the outcome. Sonnen completely dominated Silva that match until that sub, and that IS lucky, no matter how much skill or greatness u want to pretend to attribute to Silva for that one move. everyone watching that thought Sonnen was going to win it easily, and yeah while we all knew Silva could sub him with a counter which he did, to me thats luck when ure getting ure ass handed to u 95% of the fight. actually Silva is VERY lucky Sonnen didn't land some of those ground haymakers square on him.

i think thats also the reason Silva's manager doesn't want him to fight Sonnen, and they're going to try to duck him i bet. Sonnen is a handful for any fighter where they HAVE to bring their A game and are going to get beat up bad, unless they can catch him with a sub or a lucky strike, but overall he's going to work the shit out of anybody he fights. i don't want to hear the steroid excuses either, as long as he's clean for the fight thats all that matters. theres just so many lame excuses to me when Sonnen clearly wrecked Silva, but dude is a workhorse monster that would be the last person i'd want to fight in UFC. i swear he's the most underrated, unrecognized fighter in UFC....
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #467
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
thats just a lame excuse to me, if he was so hurt he shouldn't have fought then. i still don't buy his rib injury would've changed much since Sonnen's ground and pound is dominating against almost everyone. if anything Sonnen IS Silva's counter in fight style, and i don't think lucky subs truly show who the better fighter is if they fight multiples of times where 1 fluke isn't the basis of the outcome. Sonnen completely dominated Silva that match until that sub, and that IS lucky, no matter how much skill or greatness u want to pretend to attribute to Silva for that one move. everyone watching that thought Sonnen was going to win it easily, and yeah while we all knew Silva could sub him with a counter which he did, to me thats luck when ure getting ure ass handed to u 95% of the fight. actually Silva is VERY lucky Sonnen didn't land some of those ground haymakers square on him.

i think thats also the reason Silva's manager doesn't want him to fight Sonnen, and they're going to try to duck him i bet. Sonnen is a handful for any fighter where they HAVE to bring their A game and are going to get beat up bad, unless they can catch him with a sub or a lucky strike, but overall he's going to work the shit out of anybody he fights. i don't want to hear the steroid excuses either, as long as he's clean for the fight thats all that matters. theres just so many lame excuses to me when Sonnen clearly wrecked Silva, but dude is a workhorse monster that would be the last person i'd want to fight in UFC. i swear he's the most underrated, unrecognized fighter in UFC....
Testosterone helps you train. Improving his musculature and reducing his recovery time while exercising is an important edge. And after cheating this way he still lost. Sonnen is a shit-talking joke, he doesn't deserve a title shot and if/when he gets one it will only because Silva has destroyed everyone else.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #468
Godzuki
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Testosterone helps you train. Improving his musculature and reducing his recovery time while exercising is an important edge. And after cheating this way he still lost. Sonnen is a shit-talking joke, he doesn't deserve a title shot and if/when he gets one it will only because Silva has destroyed everyone else.

so u hold anyone ever caught taking steroids over their head for their entire careers, even when they test negative for fights?

ure either a big Silva fanboy or just a huge Sonnen hater. either way ure not being realistic to the actual fighting reality between them which is the bottom line. lol @ really thinking Silva earned that win and could do it every time dude got his ass beat bad...and lol @ him being so injured too
Old 10-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #469
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
so u hold anyone ever caught taking steroids over their head for their entire careers, even when they test negative for fights?

ure either a big Silva fanboy or just a huge Sonnen hater. either way ure not being realistic to the actual fighting reality between them which is the bottom line. lol @ really thinking Silva earned that win and could do it every time dude got his ass beat bad...and lol @ him being so injured too
You're being silly. Sonnen admitted to doping leading up to the fight. You are either a Sonnen fanboy or just have no idea what doping can do for an athlete. The practice is banned and illegal for a reason. If you want to debate about whether or not it should be allowed that would be a whole other topic but when one guy is taking testosterone and the other is not that's a clear advantage. And to top it all off, he still lost.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:54 AM   #470
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:

while Sonnen impressed me in his win against Stann, he did cheat against Silva and lucky sub or not he still won, I think he will be better prepared next fight and I dont see it being close. I think AS underestimated Sonnen to much and the next fight will prove if the win was a fluke or not.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:02 AM   #471
Godzuki
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
You're being silly. Sonnen admitted to doping leading up to the fight. You are either a Sonnen fanboy or just have no idea what doping can do for an athlete. The practice is banned and illegal for a reason. If you want to debate about whether or not it should be allowed that would be a whole other topic but when one guy is taking testosterone and the other is not that's a clear advantage. And to top it all off, he still lost.

oh i'm a fan alright since i know what i see being reality vs what fans of a popular star athlete will tell people or make excuses with. otherwise i'm completely impartial to Sonnen. i respect his game and thats all there is to it. i did not see Silva as the better fighter whatsoever, in fact he deserved to lose that fight, and everyone watching knows it. he got EXTREMELY lucky where Sonnen got careless.

i guess ure right about the doping but i still don't think it would've made much of a difference. Sherk gets caught doping and he's still losing. it wouldn't change nearly as much as you're pretending in a rematch. if u think Silva is all of a sudden going to stop Sonnen's take downs or his ground and pound, because he isn't juiced, i think you're being completely unrealistic to Sonnen's abilities vs Silva's weakness.

and why wouldn't u want to see them fight again? especially if Sonnen is tested clean? if u think Sonnen is so bad, and Silva is so superior, why would u dodge him? Sonnen clearly deserves a rematch considering he's the only opponent Silva has had in a long time that wrecked him. as a fight sport fan u should WANT TO see that rematch....
Old 10-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #472
Godzuki
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
while Sonnen impressed me in his win against Stann, he did cheat against Silva and lucky sub or not he still won, I think he will be better prepared next fight and I dont see it being close. I think AS underestimated Sonnen to much and the next fight will prove if the win was a fluke or not.

thats really all i want to see, because if Silva can't catch him with a strike or sub, he's going to get beat down bad just like their last fight. there are way too many excuses for Silva especially with his injury which is lame to me because i didn't notice him being nearly as injured as some people pretend.

i honestly don't see Silva wrecking Sonnen other than catching him. and like i said earlier i don't get how as a fight fan, a lot of u pretend Silva hands down won it, where Sonnen completely dominating Silva for rounds HAS to account for something.

let me say this since in pro sports in general theres a lot of exaggerations to injuries. If Silva were truly so hurt where he couldn't do much, it would've shown with him constantly wincing or favoring something but there wasn't. i thought it was real lame of him to make that excuse right after the fight.

other than GSP or even Hendo, i don't know who else most of u would rather see Silva fight anyways
Old 10-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #473
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

who ever said Silva won hands down I think anyone with eyes saw it was 4.5 rounds of utter domination, I just think Silva didnt look himself that night, yet he still won. Chael's kryptonite really is a submission defense, he's lost 2x to Jeremy Horn , Maia x1 and Paulo Filho ( who wasnt in his right state of mind in that fight I might add) all by sub, I believe Sonnens trash talk got into his mind when Chael talked trash about Big nog Jits and he went out to prove a point. ( Hence he came out with the Gi) and was attempting to sub the guy, which kinda backfired on him which is why he got thrashed.

The only people I actually want AS to fight would be Sonnen, GSP and possibly Jon Jones. Silva aint exactly young anymore so he should be fighting the best while he can still perform at a high level.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #474
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
oh i'm a fan alright since i know what i see being reality vs what fans of a popular star athlete will tell people or make excuses with. otherwise i'm completely impartial to Sonnen. i respect his game and thats all there is to it. i did not see Silva as the better fighter whatsoever, in fact he deserved to lose that fight, and everyone watching knows it. he got EXTREMELY lucky where Sonnen got careless.

i guess ure right about the doping but i still don't think it would've made much of a difference. Sherk gets caught doping and he's still losing. it wouldn't change nearly as much as you're pretending in a rematch. if u think Silva is all of a sudden going to stop Sonnen's take downs or his ground and pound, because he isn't juiced, i think you're being completely unrealistic to Sonnen's abilities vs Silva's weakness.

and why wouldn't u want to see them fight again? especially if Sonnen is tested clean? if u think Sonnen is so bad, and Silva is so superior, why would u dodge him? Sonnen clearly deserves a rematch considering he's the only opponent Silva has had in a long time that wrecked him. as a fight sport fan u should WANT TO see that rematch....
There are different kinds of doping and different levels of doping. Not to mention, the advantage gained from it may not be enough if the athlete himself didn't have enough original potential. And Sherk tested positive only once at the age of 33 or 34, an age at which a lot of athletes start declining.

I'll watch a rematch if it happens but when I say Sonnen doesn't "deserve" a rematch I am directly referring to the fact he is an admitted cheater who still lost. No, I don't care about him being in the lead before he lost because that edge was partially based on the advantages he gained by taking testosterone. It's his own fault for undermining the validity of his performance by cheating. And then he lost the fight anyway. The only reason he's up for consideration is that Silva has been kicking everyone's ass because he's the greatest middleweight of all time. Unless they move him to another division there may be no challenge left and he has to defend the belt against someone. But does a cheater deserve another shot? No.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #475
arkain
Local High School Star

Silva is bein a p*ssy now and is trying to duck Sonnen and Hendo. He better fight em both. I don't see any other fights for him. Either fight those 2 guys or retire. Don't wanna see anything else.
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #476
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

the reason this dude is getting a rematch is this fight brings money and the fans, they want to see Sonnens WWE trash talk, Silva aint exactly a draw and some people seem to dislike him as seen in recent matches. I thought before Sonnen was all talk but he can back up his words if somewhat some of what he says are delusional as hell. Right now its not who's deserving but what matchup will make the UFC the most money.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #477
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkain
Silva is bein a p*ssy now and is trying to duck Sonnen and Hendo. He better fight em both. I don't see any other fights for him. Either fight those 2 guys or retire. Don't wanna see anything else.
why is he being a *****? He beat both of them, plus he said he will fight who ever Dana and Joe Silva tell him to fight, dont believe everything Ed Soares says cause he's a douche.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #478
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkain
Henderson may deserve another shot. But it's strange that you question Silva's manhood. You do realize you're talking about one of the toughest fighters to ever walk the earth? A "*****" isn't going to clean out an entire MMA division. His only loss in the last 6 years was a DQ. And seeing as he's beaten both of the "Contenders" you mention saying he's ducking them seems a bit overboard.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #479
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
the reason this dude is getting a rematch is this fight brings money and the fans, they want to see Sonnens WWE trash talk, Silva aint exactly a draw and some people seem to dislike him as seen in recent matches. I thought before Sonnen was all talk but he can back up his words if somewhat some of what he says are delusional as hell. Right now its not who's deserving but what matchup will make the UFC the most money.
This is true.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #480
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

I love chael, but there's nothing lucky about a submitting him. It's happened too many times to be called lucky or a fluke. Maybe he's lucky he wasn't submitted earlier in the fight.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: