Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #4861
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

RetireInPeace, Julie Kedzie. (2005 - 2013)
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #4862
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
How on earth is Pat Barry still in the UFC?

Shogun even though I think he should retire still showed he can annihilate average fighters, never been impressed with Jamie he always beat's utter bums like Joey Beltran and get massacred by legit fighters.

Hunt vs Bigfoot was great imo if there were to be a winner I would have picked Silva 3-2 but I'm guessing they gave one of the last two rounds 10-8 to Hunt great fight no complaints about a draw.

Outside those three fights (Phan vs Mizi) that was some of the most pathetic display of MMA I have seen since the early UFC's, chins up hands down.........

Shogun even in his absolute prime has always struggled with really technical strikers, strong wrestlers, and had problem with his cardio. But he's so incredibly heavy handed, explosive, with an amazing transition game. I think he can thrive in 185 and needs to go there before he goes the way of Ninja.

Hunt and Bigfoot, I'm very surprised Bigfoot didn't get KO'd, I don't question his chin anymore.
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #4863
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Machida/Shogun 3 makes sense now. I'm sure Lyoto will accept the offer if Dana asks him personally.
Except that they fight in different divisions now and Machida has a fight coming up against Gegard Mousassi.Yeah it makes sense.

Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #4864
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Except that they fight in different divisions now and Machida has a fight coming up against Gegard Mousassi.Yeah it makes sense.

It would make sense now. I'm pretty sure Lyoto wouldn't mind putting a nail in the coffin even though he clearly lost in their first fight. Just talking about on-papers now.

I'm pretty sure Dana would make him fight another non-title fight. Besides, it doesn't have to be even. There are fighters who fights fighters that's just coming off from a 2 win streak & they're like 1 or 2 fights ahead of them.

^That would also mean that he would accept Dana's offer to go back up to 205 or fight him in a catch weight.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #4865
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
... Hunt and Bigfoot, I'm very surprised Bigfoot didn't get KO'd, I don't question his chin anymore.
yea... BF was out on his feet for most of... i guess it was the 5th and one of the earlier rounds. amazing he managed to wobble around like that and not fall over.

but i think the key to knocking out BF is throwing straight punches through his peekaboo guard. hunt started out like fedor, trying to wing punches from the wings and getting little accomplished... before finally going to a straight shot and opening the fight up.

cain and cormier didn't fool around with those hooks and roundhouses, and look what happened. BF's chin is going to look great against a hunt, overeem, fedor... lousy against AKA guys and straight punchers.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #4866
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
It would make sense now. I'm pretty sure Lyoto wouldn't mind putting a nail in the coffin even though he clearly lost in their first fight. Just talking about on-papers now.

I'm pretty sure Dana would make him fight another non-title fight. Besides, it doesn't have to be even. There are fighters who fights fighters that's just coming off from a 2 win streak & they're like 1 or 2 fights ahead of them.

^That would also mean that he would accept Dana's offer to go back up to 205 or fight him in a catch weight.
I don't think it happens yet because Machida has a legit chance to eventually get a title shot at 185. Until that gets derailed, I don't think you'll see him jumping between weight classes.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #4867
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

damn, matt brown got injured

brown vs condit is off the card :[
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #4868
KyleKong
OTC Heir Apparent

KyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just watched the Shogun and Bigfoot/Hunt fights.

Good job, good effort.
KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #4869
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

2013 is coming to end!

The GOAT MMA year....

you will be missed
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:50 PM   #4870
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
damn, matt brown got injured

brown vs condit is off the card :[

F*CK! I was looking forward to that one. Between that getting cancelled and John Dodson goin down that's 2 upcoming fights I'm pissed about missing
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #4871
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
2013 is coming to end!

The GOAT MMA year....

you will be missed

really was a great year. can't remember there being like 4+ serious FOTY contenders. like, hard to decide, debatable, different stylistic fights.

silva vs stann (underrated?)
jones vs gus
sanchez vs melendez (which i think is overrated so far but hey, i like more technical fights vs. brawls so again...opinion)
silva vs weidman
velasquez vs jds III
hunt vs bigfoot

missing anything?

then you have the drama with diaz leaving, silva losing, gsp's drama. cormier, nelson transitioning. mccdonald not living up to the massive hype.

still glad shogun is fighting hard but i know his best days are well behind him. i just hope ppl go back and look at his grand prix days. he was amazing before his knee injuries.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #4872
gigantes
A piece of fluff

so, judges scored hunt - silva a draw.

fightmetric had it for hunt, overall.

"pros react" virtually unanimous for a draw.

iím still leaning towards hunt, but iíll reluctantly settle for a draw.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #4873
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
really was a great year. can't remember there being like 4+ serious FOTY contenders. like, hard to decide, debatable, different stylistic fights.

silva vs stann (underrated?)
jones vs gus
sanchez vs melendez (which i think is overrated so far but hey, i like more technical fights vs. brawls so again...opinion)
silva vs weidman
velasquez vs jds III
hunt vs bigfoot

missing anything?

then you have the drama with diaz leaving, silva losing, gsp's drama. cormier, nelson transitioning. mccdonald not living up to the massive hype.

still glad shogun is fighting hard but i know his best days are well behind him. i just hope ppl go back and look at his grand prix days. he was amazing before his knee injuries.

that was the most surprising outcome of the year for me, also Silva weidman i guess, everything else was kind of predictable. Diaz leaving hit me the hardest but I really thought Macdonald was gonna runover Lawler, seems like a handpicked fighter that was taylor made for him. Lawler always has cardio issues and didn't think he would be able to stop the takedown for long before Macdonald finished him on the ground. I dislike Macdonald a lot so was happy with the outcome but very surprsing
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #4874
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #4875
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Shane Del Rosario Passes Away Following Nearly Two-Week Battle.

Recqueiscat In Pace, sir.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: