Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #5026
Shade8780
Banned

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Haven't watched any UFC since the GOAT knocked Poirier the f*ck out. The last few cards haven't interested me at all, but UFC 182 will be epic just for that Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier fight. Very excited for some MMA again.

Also, CM Punk signing along with the Brock Lesnar rumours are big news. Lesnar will bring legitimacy back to the heavyweight division and was their biggest draw before he left. Punk will bring a lot more wrestling fans over and should be another big draw. I won't count him out like everyone else is, because I don't have a clue about his MMA background, apart from being very good at BJJ. UFC is getting very good again with the rise of McGregor, Lesnar, Punk, Rousey and the returns of Silva and GSP soon hopefully.

BTW, will Punk be called by his real name of Phil Brooks like every other fighter, or will he stay as CM Punk?
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:12 AM   #5027
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Haven't watched any UFC since the GOAT knocked Poirier the f*ck out. The last few cards haven't interested me at all, but UFC 182 will be epic just for that Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier fight. Very excited for some MMA again.

Also, CM Punk signing along with the Brock Lesnar rumours are big news. Lesnar will bring legitimacy back to the heavyweight division and was their biggest draw before he left. Punk will bring a lot more wrestling fans over and should be another big draw. I won't count him out like everyone else is, because I don't have a clue about his MMA background, apart from being very good at BJJ. UFC is getting very good again with the rise of McGregor, Lesnar, Punk, Rousey and the returns of Silva and GSP soon hopefully.

BTW, will Punk be called by his real name of Phil Brooks like every other fighter, or will he stay as CM Punk?

this guy ain't jesting either
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #5028
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
I love brock but how does he bring legitimacy to the hw division?
because of dat ***** tattoo obviously
Old 12-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #5029
Shade8780
Banned

Lesnar was a top fighter when healthy. Overeem was roided up to shit when he fought Lesnar, now he sucks again. Also, Brock was f*cked up with diverticulitis.

Was the biggest draw in the UFC too. How doesn't that bring back legitimacy? Nobody cares about anyone in the HW division anymore apart from Velasquez.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #5030
Shade8780
Banned

Hell, he was the cover guy of UFC Undisputed 2010 over Silva and GSP
Old 12-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #5031
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
I love brock but how does he bring legitimacy to the hw division?
Legit in terms of draw, obviously. They need all the star-power they can get with all the injuries last year or two.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #5032
Shade8780
Banned

Quote:
Mostly because he's a fighter who hates being punched more than a regular dude on the street
Can't punch him when he's giving you 16 Germans.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:34 AM   #5033
Shade8780
Banned

Fight Nights suck when GOAT isn't fighting. Don't bother watching them.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:23 PM   #5034
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
Also stop having cards all the fvking time
i'd love to know how much of that shit was dana's own insecurity about wanting to monopolise the market and how much was zuffa's financial folks who actually thought it would be a good idea.

Quote:
Fight Nights suck when GOAT isn't fighting. Don't bother watching them.
i think even conor would want you to follow others in the sport. even if you just watch one of his main cards and one of the other fighters catches your eye, that's at least one more person you can follow in the future. that's probably how it works for most folks anyway. it did for me.

but try to follow aldo and maybe pettis, because conor will quite possibly have to tangle with em in future. and by that i mean, go to all-out war and fight trilogies against them and stuff...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #5035
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

Quote:
Lesnar was a top fighter when healthy. Overeem was roided up to shit when he fought Lesnar, now he sucks again. Also, Brock was f*cked up with diverticulitis.

Was the biggest draw in the UFC too. How doesn't that bring back legitimacy? Nobody cares about anyone in the HW division anymore apart from Velasquez.

I guess it's just a matter of perspective but for most hardcore MMA fans, Lesnar's entry into the UFC legitimized the sport and organization greatly. Dana obviously don't give a f@ck tho. As long as you are famous and not uppity like Herschel, UFC has a place for you.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #5036
Shade8780
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i think even conor would want you to follow others in the sport. even if you just watch one of his main cards and one of the other fighters catches your eye, that's at least one more person you can follow in the future. that's probably how it works for most folks anyway. it did for me.

but try to follow aldo and maybe pettis, because conor will quite possibly have to tangle with em in future. and by that i mean, go to all-out war and fight trilogies against them and stuff...
I do, I'm just kidding with all that McGreGOAT dick-riding. The reason I haven't watched UFC cards lately is because I just wasn't too interested, but I'm interested again with the news of the Punk signing, and an actual good card coming up in January.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #5037
Shade8780
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
I guess it's just a matter of perspective but for most hardcore MMA fans, Lesnar's entry into the UFC legitimized the sport and organization greatly. Dana obviously don't give a f@ck tho. As long as you are famous and not uppity like Herschel, UFC has a place for you.
What? You were just arguing with me.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:34 PM   #5038
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

Quote:
What? You were just arguing with me.
I was and I'm just saying let's agree to disagree. If you think Lesnar brings legitimacy to any division then clearly we are MMA fans from different eras
Old 12-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #5039
Shade8780
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
I was and I'm just saying let's agree to disagree. If you think Lesnar brings legitimacy to any division then clearly we are MMA fans from different eras
I'm watching to be entertained. Lesnar is entertaining.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #5040
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Congratulation to Robbie Lawler. First Filipino UFC Champion.

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: