Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-26-2014, 02:08 AM   #5101
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
can't even fathom that scoring. what sucks is thomson sounded like he was considering retiring in the PC. i know he's up there in age, but this was probably a major gut punch to him since he really doesn't have an inside track to a title shot now. he clearly showed he's top 5 in the game still.

these judges, man...they're just horrible. bendo was completely outgrappled out there and josh had a broken thumb for four rounds. i don't even dislike bendo but these judges are going to make fans turn on them. bendo has been on the 'lucky end' of his last few fights as gigantes pointed out. it's not the fighters' faults.

That's how it was with GSP. You could tell by his reaction after the fight that the didn't feel like he won, and honestly I think that's a big reason why he gave the belt up. But people were still lashing out at him like it was his fault the judges gave it to him. It sucks cuz like you said in the long run it turns people against them to the point that fans wanna see them lose like it's some kinda comeuppance. You got good fighters/good guys getting booed after every fight over something they didn't do.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:34 AM   #5102
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thompson won and got ****ed over again just like with his last fight with Melendez......smh.

That new HW the UFC is trying to hype is very average if Gonzaga had decent cardio he would have trashed him. The guy's skills are average at best and all this crap about his athletic ability, please Gonzaga in the first was catching with faster punches. Dudes easy to hit, average skills not impressed.

Good to see Bruce Leeroy win, I think Pettis bro needs to drop down one weight division or is Bruce Leeroy just massive for the weight?
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #5103
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
That new HW the UFC is trying to hype is very average if Gonzaga had decent cardio he would have trashed him.

So basically, if Gonzaga was a better fighter he might have won? Well, guess what? He's not a better fighter. He's been overhyped ever since he Cro Cop'd Cro Cop and has done little since then in terms of beating quality opponents.

Quote:
The guy's skills are average at best and all this crap about his athletic ability, please Gonzaga in the first was catching with faster punches. Dudes easy to hit, average skills not impressed.

If he's so easy to hit, then why wasn't he KO'd like the last 2 guys Gonzaga fought? Miocic has fairly good potential because he has something most HWs don't - cardio. Plus, he doesn't try to rely on a sloppy overhand right to win fights like a bunch of HWs.

Quote:
Good to see Bruce Leeroy win, I think Pettis bro needs to drop down one weight division or is Bruce Leeroy just massive for the weight?

I think a little of both. I believe Caceres started off as a LW while Pettis is short. He was asked about flyweight:

"The UFC haven't asked if I'm interested in jumping between flyweight and bantamweight, but it's something I would be interested in. I feel good at 135lbs, the weight class isn't very harsh on my, but 125lbs is a hard weight cut for me. I walk around about 155lbs-158lbs, and 125lbs is kind of pushing it. I fought at 125 in the RFA and even though I had a good performance the weight cut really killed me. I mean, if the opportunity is there and they want me to fight at flyweight, I would definitely take it because the division is brand new and I would get a title shot right away."
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:17 PM   #5104
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
... That new HW the UFC is trying to hype is very average if Gonzaga had decent cardio he would have trashed him. The guy's skills are average at best and all this crap about his athletic ability, please Gonzaga in the first was catching with faster punches. Dudes easy to hit, average skills not impressed. ...
always good to hear from some dude stumbling along the street in a purple haze.

so, here's some reality-- stipe is not ever likely to be a champ, but he's proved himself to be tough, game, interesting... a perfect 5 - 10 guy for the ages.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:49 AM   #5105
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
always good to hear from some dude stumbling along the street in a purple haze.

so, here's some reality-- stipe is not ever likely to be a champ, but he's proved himself to be tough, game, interesting... a perfect 5 - 10 guy for the ages.
I took a little hiatus from MMA but yeah this is the 2nd time I have seen Stipe and the first time he got stopped by Struve which I forgot all about until I looked at his record and realised I watched that fight as well. It's just the way they were hyping him I don't know I was expecting a bit more tbh.

Did he look really good against Roy Nelson or something like that? But yeah I agree he's a fringe top 10 guy depending on the quality of the HW division with a lot of the "good HW's" getting old like Mir/Nelson/Reem/Nog/Barnet and most well past there primes/on the verge of retiring.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:06 AM   #5106
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yea, he handled roy nelson like a kid playing with a hamster.

he also had struve in all kinds of trouble, but kept backing off and resetting after he landed some good blows. terrible fight plan from his corner, because once you have struve hurt, he just covers up and hopes things blow over.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:21 PM   #5107
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

#UFC169 present. From me, to you!

(NSFW) Arianny Celeste.

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...f1&oe=52EB2657
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #5108
gigantes
A piece of fluff

i propose that as the new official ring girl uniform.

say yes, brittany!

headgear... good luck with that.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:33 PM   #5109
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...05428603_n.jpg

Old 01-29-2014, 02:34 PM   #5110
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...71446721_n.jpg
Old 01-30-2014, 02:04 AM   #5111
gigantes
A piece of fluff

wow... let's get that carwash started.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:54 AM   #5112
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold

Not gonna lie, I enjoyed that.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:59 AM   #5113
Angel Face
Six of Six

Angel Face has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i propose that as the new official ring girl uniform.

say yes, brittany!

headgear... good luck with that.

Angel Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:00 AM   #5114
Angel Face
Six of Six

Angel Face has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold

Angel Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:03 PM   #5115
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Julianna Pena (Ultimate Fighter winner) possibly out TWO YEARS after blowing out her ACL, MCL, LCL and hamstring all at once

Wow...

note: Dana White is the one that said two years, so that might just be Dana being Dana. But still it sounds bad
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: