Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #5116
Budadiiii
Banned

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
LakerGold is the biggest piece of shit poster on here. F*ck you are annoying dude.
Just eat some kangaroo and go to bed man. You're not you when you're hungry/sleepy.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:29 PM   #5117
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Allen Iverson is a POINT GUARD!!!!!!!!!!
Hes a combo guard you dumb **** another thing you dont know shit about. Remember you getting owned on jordan hill too? Your bitchass has probably never even picked up a basketball.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:01 PM   #5118
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

so after a good night's sleep, i assume everyone here is once again buddy - buddy?

btw, IIRC at the end of the 1st round of silva - weidman, silva was talking about his leg feeling funny after a particularly hard kick-check. this is probably where a hairline fracture happened in either the tibia or fibula. then in the 2nd round, instead of trying to protect it, anderson forced the issue and we saw what happened.

point is-- it was almost certainly a SERIES of kicks and checks that caused the double breakage. meaning, the strategy and the damage was predictable... even if the break was not.

anyway, i think it's also pretty impressive that silva is back in the saddle again so quickly, grappling and doing light sparring i think. some other fighters have also said that he'll never quite be the same, but his game is diversified to the point that i don't see that as a huge problem.

but i just don't know if he'll ever be able to beat weidman. he really got dominated all four rounds in just about every single dept... which is often the case when you've been champ a long time and top challengers have time to gameplan you perfectly. i mean, if it can happen to fedor and coleman and ortiz and liddell and shamrock, it can happen to anderson silva, too.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #5119
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
so after a good night's sleep, i assume everyone here is once again buddy - buddy?

btw, IIRC at the end of the 1st round of silva - weidman, silva was talking about his leg feeling funny after a particularly hard kick-check. this is probably where a hairline fracture happened in either the tibia or fibula. then in the 2nd round, instead of trying to protect it, anderson forced the issue and we saw what happened.

point is-- it was almost certainly a SERIES of kicks and checks that caused the double breakage. meaning, the strategy and the damage was predictable... even if the break was not.
Okay gigantes my question still stands.

Did wiedman win via injury or not?The break wasnt intentional but the checks were.

Woodley didnt intentionally tear condits acl but he did kick at the legs to injure him further.Did woodley win via injury?
Old 03-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #5120
Budadiiii
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Okay gigantes my question still stands.

Did wiedman win via injury or not?The break wasnt intentional but the checks were.

Woodley didnt intentionally tear condits acl but he did kick at the legs to injure him further.Did woodley win via injury?
Yes, he won via injury.

I don't see any other reasonable conclusion.

What are the other options? He didn't lose via injury
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #5121
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
Yes, he won via injury.

I don't see any other reasonable conclusion.

What are the other options? He didn't lose via injury
You think they both really won though?

The reason why i ask is joe ragan was quick to dismiss woodley win because he won via injury even thought woodley caused the injury.He said woodley shouldnt get a title shot because he won because condit got injured.

Does that mean he should also dismiss Wiedmans victory?
Old 03-17-2014, 01:09 AM   #5122
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

haha ... Oh well ... i'll let him think whatever he wants to think... some people will never learn, I guess... See yall next weekend. Shogun/Hendo II.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:12 AM   #5123
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
haha ... Oh well ... i'll let him think whatever he wants to think... some people will never learn, I guess... See yall next weekend. Shogun/Hendo II.
damn bitch take it easy
Old 03-17-2014, 04:46 AM   #5124
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

$30 / hr, 3 sessions per week, 6 weeks total to treat your obsessive personality disorder.

discount when bringing coupon.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:07 AM   #5125
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
This asshole is another example.

Get your head out of your ass you pompous asshole. You're nobody to be telling anybody how to act or what they can talk about.
You're literally full of yourself and act like top shit on an anonymous forum. You come off as an idiot, but lucky for you its anonymous.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #5126
Jackass18
The Iron Price

I wasn't able to watch the PPV, which is a shame. I thought the TV prelims were pretty good. Nice to see Hendricks won since he should have been the champ anyways. Sucks that Condit got injured.

Curran/Straus III turned out to be a badass fight. I'd recommend that fight if you haven't seen it.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #5127
jaydacris
Banned

Hendricks has a torn bicep and fractured shin from the fight. he hurt his bicep/arm before the fight, but I guess the fight ended up making it much worse

and oh yah, UFC 173 poster

jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #5128
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

someone pointed this out on SBN:

woodley grabbed the shorts to escape the triangle. apparently he was doing it multiple times during the fight. dunno... iíll have to re-watch.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #5129
jaydacris
Banned

horrible late stoppage from tonight's Bellator

jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:47 PM   #5130
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

i wish there was a better system of stopping fights. peoples' lives and careers are being degraded by unnecessary damage.

problem is, the mentality of camps and fight people is to be as tough as possible... to always believe the storm can be weathered and a person can come back. therefore no coach ever wants to throw in the towel, and the system doesn't work that way in MMA, anyway.

chris leben (or many others) could have a second career as a speaker on the drawbacks of fighting tough... assuming anyone would listen to him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: