Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #511
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has not been impressing people
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
he was taking pain killers

anyway lets move on what do you predict this weekend for the fights now that the card has changed.

pain killers still don't mask something major like some are implying with how much Silva was supposedly hurt....

hell, there is no way he could've lasted that long and contorted his body like he did in guard that whole fight whilte trying wrapping up Sonnen's swings if his ribs were THAT bad. sorry, thats just impossible.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:31 PM   #512
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
pain killers still don't mask something major like some are implying with how much Silva was supposedly hurt....

hell, there is no way he could've lasted that long and contorted his body like he did in guard that whole fight whilte trying wrapping up Sonnen's swings if his ribs were THAT bad. sorry, thats just impossible.
anyway since im not part of AS camp Im just sighting things Ive been reading on the net. That he took pain killers, I dont really care about the little things that happned all I know is AS took a 4.5 round beatdown and pulled of a last minute sub, yes he was dominated and lucky or not he won. Im psyched for a rematch to dispel any doubts to whoever was more deserving of winning but as I said can we move on the fight is over a year old and we have a upcoming UFC this weekend to bad its sans the intended main event. Also Brandon Vera and Mirko is on the card and I hope they go out with a bang.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:33 AM   #513
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
i think u're blinded by your retard bias in everything u see

LOL, you're far too retarded to argue with at times. It's like you shut your brain off and just go off on these idiotic crusades. Good luck with that.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:58 AM   #514
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
lets use reason then ...

Silva wasn't wincing in pain each time he did something,

nor did he favor anything like he was clearly hurt

Oh, so he's supposed to give it all away and show Sonnen that he's hurt and give him a bull's eye? Different fighters have different pain thresholds. Couture broke his arm against Gonzaga and yet he kept on punching him with that same arm. Nobody knew it was broken until after the fight. Oh, and here's Silva grabbing his rib after the first round:

Quote:
i swear its funny how people who can't seem to use reason are trying to mock my reasoning where i seem to be one of the few in here with it....

LOL, yeah pretend you're the one with reason... You're making assumptions based upon yourself. You can't handle an injury, so you assume everyone else is a pussy like you are and will go crying to mommy making sure everyone knows about it. You won't acknowledge Silva's injury, you try to sweep Sonnen's roid usage under the carpet, and you won't acknowledge that Sonnen is susceptible to subs and got subbed. Silva didn't look good in the fight and maybe the rib injury was a part of it. I'm not saying the injury is the sole reason he didn't look good, but just a part of it. I give plenty of credit to Sonnen for doing what he did, but even with everything on his side, he still couldn't pull out the win. Why should I or all the people in Vegas who make the betting lines favor Sonnen? Do you really think Sonnen could dominate him like that again?
Old 10-21-2011, 01:30 AM   #515
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
anyway since im not part of AS camp Im just sighting things Ive been reading on the net. That he took pain killers, I dont really care about the little things that happned all I know is AS took a 4.5 round beatdown and pulled of a last minute sub, yes he was dominated and lucky or not he won. Im psyched for a rematch to dispel any doubts to whoever was more deserving of winning but as I said can we move on the fight is over a year old and we have a upcoming UFC this weekend to bad its sans the intended main event. Also Brandon Vera and Mirko is on the card and I hope they go out with a bang.
"citing"

yea, agree. the excuses i've been reading lately as to why sonnen doesn't deserve another shot are absolutely mind-boggling. i don't give a damn that dude's a huge a-hole... because since AS-GSP and AS-bones will probably never happen, this is by far, from all the evidence, the most entertaining possible matchup out there. really, nothing else is close.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:34 AM   #516
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn i was ready to buy a "Dont Be scared Homie" Nick Diaz shirt but ive been so busy at work.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:57 AM   #517
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
"citing"

yea, agree. the excuses i've been reading lately as to why sonnen doesn't deserve another shot are absolutely mind-boggling. i don't give a damn that dude's a huge a-hole... because since AS-GSP and AS-bones will probably never happen, this is by far, from all the evidence, the most entertaining possible matchup out there. really, nothing else is close.

Title shots shouldn't be handed out based upon what is the most entertaining match up.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:07 AM   #518
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Title shots shouldn't be handed out based upon what is the most entertaining match up.
it's more than just that, jackass. the UFC is not some strictly-defined league under major competitive and union pressure to enforce even standards. no, DW can pretty much do whatever he wants, especially if it's good box office, especially if it's the most logical next fight to put on, anyway. especially since sonnen is one of the very few, maybe the only, people or persons who have an actual shot to -beat- AS.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:25 AM   #519
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:
Tell that to Dana White, dude admitted he idolizes Vince Mcmahons business model. The UFC has always been doing this from Randy Coture gifted title shots. Heck my fave fighter Shogun sorta got a gifted title shot after beating old man coleman and a shot Liddel. You can also add Lesnar to gifted title shots, as I mentioned a couple of posts down the UFC is about money
Old 10-21-2011, 07:27 AM   #520
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:
Oh, so he's supposed to give it all away and show Sonnen that he's hurt and give him a bull's eye? Different fighters have different pain thresholds. Couture broke his arm against Gonzaga and yet he kept on punching him with that same arm. Nobody knew it was broken until after the fight. Oh, and here's Silva grabbing his rib after the first round:

LOL, yeah pretend you're the one with reason... You're making assumptions based upon yourself. You can't handle an injury, so you assume everyone else is a pussy like you are and will go crying to mommy making sure everyone knows about it. You won't acknowledge Silva's injury, you try to sweep Sonnen's roid usage under the carpet, and you won't acknowledge that Sonnen is susceptible to subs and got subbed. Silva didn't look good in the fight and maybe the rib injury was a part of it. I'm not saying the injury is the sole reason he didn't look good, but just a part of it. I give plenty of credit to Sonnen for doing what he did, but even with everything on his side, he still couldn't pull out the win. Why should I or all the people in Vegas who make the betting lines favor Sonnen? Do you really think Sonnen could dominate him like that again?
And he will still ignore all that a say were elitist Fedor/Pride ******gers
Old 10-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #521
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

laffing my fukking ass off. so u show a clip where Silva touches his rib after the fight to show how bad he was hurt, despite the whole match being in guard contorting his body, wrapping Sonnens ground and pound as much as he could all fight, and he supposedly has this major injury?> are u a f'in retard? are all of u here dumbfukks? have any of u ever had a REAL injury thats worth crying about and tried to play thru it? if its hurt bad like u poohsies excusers are making out where he was SOOOO hurt there is NO WAY he could last that long in guard. use some f'in common sense u retard. its LAFFABLE to me how u act like such a know it all when u really don't know shit, and i swear thats a reccurring them with ure bitch ass in everything sports. u talk like some authority but i swear if we were to make predictions on outcomes i'd be right twice as much as u. thats the sad f'in reality about ure sorry ego.

lmao @ touching his rib clip u can't be serious...and man to go from talking about ure not making excuses to exaggerating Silva's rib injury, Sonnen's roids is just some sorry homer shit. thats all u MMA elitist fgts are - homers

yeah couture broke his arm in a 30 sec fight, if ure talking about the one against Brock if i remember right, and even then we're talking about a rib injury ure acting like was so huge to Silva losing and showing a clip of him touching it like its so bad i swear ure observational skills are worse than a blind mans
Old 10-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #522
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
laffing my fukking ass off. so u show a clip where Silva touches his rib after the fight to show how bad he was hurt, despite the whole match being in guard contorting his body, wrapping Sonnens ground and pound as much as he could all fight, and he supposedly has this major injury?> are u a f'in retard? are all of u here dumbfukks? have any of u ever had a REAL injury thats worth crying about and tried to play thru it? if its hurt bad like u poohsies excusers are making out where he was SOOOO hurt there is NO WAY he could last that long in guard. use some f'in common sense u retard. its LAFFABLE to me how u act like such a know it all when u really don't know shit, and i swear thats a reccurring them with ure bitch ass in everything sports. u talk like some authority but i swear if we were to make predictions on outcomes i'd be right twice as much as u. thats the sad f'in reality about ure sorry ego.

lmao @ touching his rib clip u can't be serious...and man to go from talking about ure not making excuses to exaggerating Silva's rib injury, Sonnen's roids is just some sorry homer shit. thats all u MMA elitist fgts are - homers

yeah couture broke his arm in a 30 sec fight, if ure talking about the one against Brock if i remember right, and even then we're talking about a rib injury ure acting like was so huge to Silva losing and showing a clip of him touching it like its so bad i swear ure observational skills are worse than a blind mans

Just stop
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:54 AM   #523
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
And he will still ignore all that a say were elitist Fedor/Pride ******gers

its funny how u pretend to be impartial, and then jump in partial when u can get ure shots. stop holding back and say whats on ure mind pansy.

i think its HILARIOUS u really think theres something to that clip he posted of Silva touching his rib like its such a awful injury and Silva was so ineffective because of it i swear u all are stupid to a fault. do u realize how much a serious rib injury would affect ure ability to even be in guard? each time u contorted u'd feel it, nevermind how much ure using ure upper body which affects the ribs. watch the whole fight stupidass, if u REALLY think Silva's so hurt despite fighting in guard that whole match ure stupid. its just hilariouis how u all act like authorities with these huge egos but don't know the simplest of realities about sports injuries. a real rib injury thats worth making excuses about would be impossible for him to stay in guard that whole fight, any of u bitches would be saying no mas including Silva in the first 30 secs. hell even bruised ribs affects ure breathing and is very painful, and thats even the lighter side of rib injuries....lmao @ Silva being so hurt from touching his ribs
Old 10-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #524
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Just stop

stfu, either make an argument dikkrider, or stay out of it lil girl.

i'm making REAL f'in points while u all are f'in retards jumpin on each others bandwagons. did u see the fight? u really think Silva's rib injury was so bad? then explain ure rationale since i've reasonably explained mine a hell of a lot more than most of u retards in this thread.

u'll never convince me otherwise since i don't ride other peoples coattails like a lot of u, nor fighters, and i base everything on what i see. what makes me laff is u all act like i like Sonnen or are some fanboy of his when i'm so impartial to him. BUT u HAVE to respect his ground and pound IF ure a fight fan.

so either get into the argument or stfu. i'm not dealing with u cheerleader fgts
Old 10-21-2011, 09:06 AM   #525
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

most entertaining match up? how about the fighter that has the best chance to beat him? how about the fighter that wrecked him but lost in the last second? funny thing is i bet u made excuses for Fedor when he lost in sub to Werdum early, and called that a fluke/luck and were pushing for a rematch for that...and i guess that means Werdum is a much better fighter than Fedor, right? since the W is all that matters according to u

the way a lot of u see this stuff isn't as a fight fan, more homers, and i swear thats the basis of so many of ure viewpoints its sad. i'm as impartial as anybody here, and thats what separates me i guess from how horribly bias a lot of u elitist mma fgts are trust me i could care less about Sonnen, his personality, and yeah i don't even think him taking roids is NEARLY as big of a deal as some of u are portraying, just like i don't hold it against baseball, football, whatever players the rest of their lives either. it is what it is. make sure he's clean next fight would be my opinion on that, but it really takes a hater to hold it against someone forever....

to not want to see them fight or make these bitchass excuses ure making for them not to makes u WAAAY more a homer than a true fight fan. sad
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: