Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-07-2014, 12:23 AM   #5461
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

man you got to love Corey Anderson(bigger black guy) who won TUF

future world champ

dude used to get his ass beat in HS by everybody. he was that 300lb big guy pooosy. he said he got beat up by a girl. everyone picked on him. he said if they talked to people from his hometown they'd be shocked at what he's doing now because they all picked on him so much. Watched him on TUF and dude worked twice as hard as everyone else every practice. he even said he Ipad'd Edgar's movement so he can learn it and would watch it at night

i really love this guy. plus he's a good dude(like gentle giant type)

Last edited by Godzuki : 07-07-2014 at 12:53 AM.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:02 AM   #5462
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

No idea why Penn took this fight. I think he just wanted to be on the reality show to get some more exposure. Hard to watch legends like Penn get beat up.

Penn vs. Gomi is still one of my favorite fights of all-time.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:28 AM   #5463
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
No idea why Penn took this fight. I think he just wanted to be on the reality show to get some more exposure. Hard to watch legends like Penn get beat up.

Penn vs. Gomi is still one of my favorite fights of all-time.

well, penn loves challenges. in the post fight PC, he said he came back to see if he can compete and he realized he couldn't. by the sound of it, he's done. if i'm dana, i don't even pick up the phone in a year if he calls about another fight. he has a ufc sponsored gym. he can stay busy and still make money.

listen, i always thought penn was overhyped but i'm not going to take away his impact. he really did pave the way for the newer guys and he was exceptional on the ground for his time. that flying knee to sherk was awesome too.

last night must have sucked for any penn fans.

btw, what happened to jackass? i'm actually missing that grumpy bastard

oh and i think gigantes posted a couple links on how ufc was hypocritical on sonnen. maybe i'm wrong but if anybody thinks it was just PEDs and lying, he's had multiple instances: http://deadspin.com/how-the-ufcs-big...fia-1594743611

i don't cite deadspoin often, but that article is fairly on point. sorry macho man, sonnen is just a loudmouth bozo and towards the end, stole half his lines from pro wrestling, all in orchestrated fashion.

fvck that guy, his shtick got old after the first silva fight. he's one of the most overrated fighters ever and his legion of fans just fuel it.

i rewatched that rousey fight. no one in the ufc can fvck w/ her, period. zingano might die. i scoffed at the idea of dana claiming mayweather would lose against her in an mma fight. at mayweather's age and how he's really lost KO power, i'm not so convinced that rousey wouldn't win. rousey will slip that right hand, get on the inside and hip toss him to hell. maybe if mayweather had a full mma camp, i would change my mind. i can't believe i'm saying this.

bring on cyborg and holm and crush this bishhhh.

also, if weidman beats belfort, jacare and rockhold, are you weidman haters finally going to tip your hat? i just want to know what's up. no excuses...he beats those guys w/out controversy, will you stfu or still a hold a grudge he beat silva...twice.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 07-07-2014 at 04:56 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:02 AM   #5464
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
well, penn loves challenges. in the post fight PC, he said he came back to see if he can compete and he realized he couldn't. by the sound of it, he's done. if i'm dana, i don't even pick up the phone in a year if he calls about another fight. he has a ufc sponsored gym. he can stay busy and still make money.

listen, i always thought penn was overhyped but i'm not going to take away his impact. he really did pave the way for the newer guys and he was exceptional on the ground for his time. that flying knee to sherk was awesome too.

last night must have sucked for any penn fans.

btw, what happened to jackass? i'm actually missing that grumpy bastard

oh and i think gigantes posted a couple links on how ufc was hypocritical on sonnen. maybe i'm wrong but if anybody thinks it was just PEDs and lying, he's had multiple instances: http://deadspin.com/how-the-ufcs-big...fia-1594743611

i don't cite deadspoin often, but that article is fairly on point. sorry macho man, sonnen is just a loudmouth bozo and towards the end, stole half his lines from pro wrestling, all in orchestrated fashion.

fvck that guy, his shtick got old after the first silva fight. he's one of the most overrated fighters ever and his legion of fans just fuel it.

i rewatched that rousey fight. no one in the ufc can fvck w/ her, period. zingano might die. i scoffed at the idea of dana claiming mayweather would lose against her in an mma fight. at mayweather's age and how he's really lost KO power, i'm not so convinced that rousey wouldn't win. rousey will slip that right hand, get on the inside and hip toss him to hell. maybe if mayweather had a full mma camp, i would change my mind. i can't believe i'm saying this.

bring on cyborg and holm and crush this bishhhh.

also, if weidman beats belfort, jacare and rockhold, are you weidman haters finally going to tip your hat? i just want to know what's up. no excuses...he beats those guys w/out controversy, will you stfu or still a hold a grudge he beat silva...twice.

Chael was one of the best ground and pound fighters in MMA hands down. absolutely relentless. i do agree he is a asshole even if people say its a front. but you just can't take away from his ridiculous work ethic of ground and pounding people, very few could do it like him.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:47 PM   #5465
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

Anybody watching this Hendricks interview? I love the nerd look he's got going

real interesting listening to how he thinks within the ring, his realization of punch power, and overall blunt honesty.

dude is pure class.

Last edited by Godzuki : 07-07-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #5466
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
Anybody watching this Hendricks interview? I love the nerd look he's got going

real interesting listening to how he thinks within the ring, his realization of punch power, and overall blunt honesty.

dude is pure class.
WTF are you talking about, godzuki?

johny is an awesome wrestler-fighter, but he's legendary for being an enormous obnoxious asshole across his whole wrestling career and right in to MMA.

has the dana white BS-machine latched on you you also, bro...?

resist it!... RESIST IT, BRO!!
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:39 PM   #5467
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
WTF are you talking about, godzuki?

johny is an awesome wrestler-fighter, but he's legendary for being an enormous obnoxious asshole across his whole wrestling career and right in to MMA.

has the dana white BS-machine latched on you you also, bro...?

resist it!... RESIST IT, BRO!!

watch the interview. its with the sort of chubby guy UFC commentator, i forget his name. interview is called UFC 1on1 or something like that. i'm sure they'll replay it.

he talks about being a dikk and he explains the psychological factor of it.

But he also talks about the people he respects the most. Like Lidell and Couture are his 2 idols, not just because Lidell was exciting to watch, or Couture came extremely prepared every fight but because both of them are extremely friendly guys.

he lets you in on his psyche, and you sort of get it because he's really explanatory about it. i'll just say you have to watch it. He's very much a classy guy, and you're going to be surprised by his appearance

theres a lot i'm not covering here but i'll just say he sold me on genuinely liking him
Old 07-08-2014, 12:05 AM   #5468
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

all very well, and i respect that bro, and i DO like johny myself, and hespect to the interviews. nothing against you all in the slightest.

but i was objecting to the line "johny is pure class."
*ahem* no... johnny has been a major dickhead for many years (and okay maybe he's had his 'strategies,' that's fine)... but is there some reason not to call a spade a spade at this point?
Old 07-08-2014, 12:16 AM   #5469
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
all very well, and i respect that bro, and i DO like johny myself, and hespect to the interviews. nothing against you all in the slightest.

but i was objecting to the line "johny is pure class."
*ahem* no... johnny has been a major dickhead for many years (and okay maybe he's had his 'strategies,' that's fine)... but is there some reason not to call a spade a spade at this point?

lol. i'm telling you just watch the interview, i think you're going to change your mind. it might not erase it but i think your perspective might change.

you wont' even recognize him either

i can't find it, but it just came on tonight so maybe it'll show up somewhere tomorrow.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:36 AM   #5470
E_Stamkos
I hit open 5-footers

Is Penn finally gunna hang up the gloves now?
E_Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:17 AM   #5471
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

well, you know what they say... a single interview can change the course of 15 years of known history.

that's the power of interviews, bros.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:05 AM   #5472
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

dana read my post and signed holly holm
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:10 AM   #5473
BigBoss
2.5 for 7

word
BigBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #5474
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

so now the two best women in the UFC are blondes.

this must be a victory for someone out there
Old 07-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #5475
kNIOKAS
There will be plaster

Tom Petty - I Won't Back Down
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: