Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #46
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0870p...layer_embedded

Nick Diaz is going to be a Boxer now, he might retire from MMA for good.Crazy hes a very exciting fighter but dude is crazy as shit.

i think Diaz is great and all but he seems like such a ahole in personality. like somebody that probably grew up just messing with people, and none of them being able to do anything about it, and just Diaz humiliating whoever he wanted to for whatever reason and usually for no reason. i might be wrong but he just seems like a huge dick in real life
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #47
MeloMike
Nugz/Melo/Habs/Jays

MeloMike has decent reputationMeloMike has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
i think Diaz is great and all but he seems like such a ahole in personality. like somebody that probably grew up just messing with people, and none of them being able to do anything about it, and just Diaz humiliating whoever he wanted to for whatever reason and usually for no reason. i might be wrong but he just seems like a huge dick in real life

Lol you're right. The guy is a complete nut job. A few screws loose, but he's a hell of a fighter. I find him entertaining

Then again, when you grow up in Stockton, I can understand being a bit crazy.
MeloMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #48
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0870p...layer_embedded

Nick Diaz is going to be a Boxer now, he might retire from MMA for good.Crazy hes a very exciting fighter but dude is crazy as shit.

I hope he gets KO'd.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #49
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I hope he gets KO'd.

are you kidding me? how can you not like Nick Diaz. His fights are too exciting for you or something. You prefer 25 mins of blanket supplied by GSP?

Win or lose Nick Diaz is the most exciting fighter in the lower weight divisions not named BJ Penn. and oh yea, he's an top 5 fighter to boot. stay mad tho
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:12 PM   #50
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
are you kidding me? how can you not like Nick Diaz.

He's a disrespectful, whiny, arrogant, emo crybaby that throws temper tantrums. Seriously, why is he always mad? He acts like the world is out to get him, that he's overworked, underpaid, and a whole bunch of other whiny bullshit nobody cares to hear him cry about. He acts like he's under severe torture doing interviews, he says that training is hell, that he doesn't like fighting, and he complains about the money he's making. Why doesn't his emo ass stop fighting then?

Quote:
His fights are too exciting for you or something.

Yeah, he has entertaining fights, but outside of that I see no reason to like him.

Quote:
You prefer 25 mins of blanket supplied by GSP?

I like GSP and his fights. I'm not some halfwit casual fan that starts booing a fight whenever it hits the ground, and severely misuses 'LnP'. Is GSP a whiny, little emo that ducks any fighter with any semblance of wrestling while constantly crying about how he hates everything? Maybe Nick is different if you get to know him, but he gives off a very bad image, which is why he's not in the UFC.

Quote:
Win or lose Nick Diaz is the most exciting fighter in the lower weight divisions not named BJ Penn.

There's other guys just as entertaining, but they're not emos who duck other fighters while acting arrogant as hell.

Quote:
he's an top 5 fighter to boot.

He's not even top 5 in his own division.

Quote:
stay mad tho

Sounds like you're mad that GSP actually faces legit competition and dominates them.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:31 PM   #51
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I cheer Nick over GSP any day.
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #52
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
He does seem like he could have been a bit a on the bully side in high school.Or the guy who took a joke to seriously and wanted to fight about it.

Still though i hear nothing but good things from people in Stockton about him.Never seen the guy but might eventually run into him since iam in Stockton quite a bit.
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:18 AM   #53
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He's a disrespectful, whiny, arrogant, emo crybaby that throws temper tantrums. Seriously, why is he always mad? He acts like the world is out to get him, that he's overworked, underpaid, and a whole bunch of other whiny bullshit nobody cares to hear him cry about. He acts like he's under severe torture doing interviews, he says that training is hell, that he doesn't like fighting, and he complains about the money he's making. Why doesn't his emo ass stop fighting then?

Yeah, he has entertaining fights, but outside of that I see no reason to like him.

I like GSP and his fights. I'm not some halfwit casual fan that starts booing a fight whenever it hits the ground, and severely misuses 'LnP'. Is GSP a whiny, little emo that ducks any fighter with any semblance of wrestling while constantly crying about how he hates everything? Maybe Nick is different if you get to know him, but he gives off a very bad image, which is why he's not in the UFC.

There's other guys just as entertaining, but they're not emos who duck other fighters while acting arrogant as hell.

He's not even top 5 in his own division.

Sounds like you're mad that GSP actually faces legit competition and dominates them.

yea GSP is a huge hit with hardcore fans... that's why his fanbase is a bunch of canadian chicks

Nick Diaz is one of the realest mofo in the sport. guy tells it like it is. Pride rules are better. Wrestling doesn't equal winning. He is underpaid. etc.

GSP is the delusional one. The guy actually thinks he's beating people at their own games when he's done nothing but wrestle against anyone with a semblance of striking game.

Large segment of the true mma fans are tired of GSP's act.

Nick Diaz is top 5 in WW.

1. GSP 2. Shields 3. Kos 4. Fitch. 5. Diaz

You realize that Dana said in interview that he WANTS to get diaz in the ufc right? Every Diaz fight is FOTY candidate.

I hope Diaz goes to boxing. ungrateful mma fans like you don't deserve that man's greatness.

I hate GSP fanatics. they are so blind towards the reality of GSP.

GSP fights SAFE and TIMID. great for him he wins. but that's not an exciting or compelling way to make your way through the sport.

Nick Diaz tries to best his opponents in their strong points. that's why he has so many fans.

GSP fans are mostly the casual fans who bites the zuffa media machine hard.

Last edited by heyhey : 04-15-2011 at 01:35 AM.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:02 AM   #54
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
yea GSP is a huge hit with hardcore fans... that's why his fanbase is a bunch of canadian chicks

Nick Diaz is one of the realest mofo in the sport. guy tells it like it is. Pride rules are better. Wrestling doesn't equal winning. He is underpaid. etc.

GSP is the delusional one. The guy actually thinks he's beating people at their own games when he's done nothing but wrestle against anyone with a semblance of striking game.

Nick Diaz is top 5 in WW.

You realize that Dana said in interview that he WANTS to get diaz in the ufc right? Every Diaz fight is FOTY candidate.

I hope Diaz goes to boxing. ungrateful mma fans like you don't deserve that man's greatness.

GSP fights SAFE and TIMID. great for him he wins. but that's not an exciting or compelling way to make your way through the sport.

Nick Diaz tries to best his opponents in their strong points. that's why he has so many fans.

Diaz won't beat GSP at his strong point or any other wrestler. Diaz better not fight any half-decent boxer because he will get demolished. He's an MMA fighter with decent boxing...for MMA. If he fights Vargas or Lacy (who are both past prime and who he's rumoured to fight), he will get killed.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:04 AM   #55
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star

Stinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputation

Nick Diaz is very capable of beating GSP in a 5 round fight. In a two men enter one man leaves scenario he's as good as any fighter at 170 or maybe even 185. Nick is born to fight and has blossomed into one of the most skilled fighters on the planet. His cardio/work rate is unmatched by anyone in the sport and his chin is godly. He has a nasty bottom game (probably not good enough to sub GSP but almost anyone else at 170 for sure), mixed with a hyper aggressive and highly unorthodox striking style. He can take massive risks in fights (hence why his fights are so entertaining) due to A) being comfortable and able to finish a fight in any position and B) because of his aforementioned godly chin.

Born to scrap. If he wasn't pissed off all the time he'd lose his edge. The dude has a chip on his shoulder and thats what separates him from his competition. I know first hand that he's not a prick at all in RL and actually quite cool.

@ Nick Diaz ducking anyone - That's really grasping at straws. Jackass you should know as well as anyone that just because you turn a fight down doesn't mean you're ducking anyone. There are a number of reasons why a fighter might choose not to fight someone else (weight, money, timing, etc.)...I'm assuming you're referencing Jason Miller? How do you challenge someone and ask them to move up a weight class, lol. You're kidding yourself if you think Diaz would turn down a fight because he was scared...Straight from Diaz's Mouth:

Quote:
I'd like to get paid something extra. Double, triple, something crazy for me to do something extra that would screw up my weight to fight at that weight. I'm not just doing it for free when I'd make the same money to fight at 170-pounds. It's twice as much work. I never didn't want to sign for that fight with Miller. They were talking about making me move weights. I said tell his ass to get in f*cking shape and make weight like I do. It's f*cking hard enough for me to make 170-pounds. He acts like he wouldn't be able to do it, he doesn't want to work hard like me, that's the problem. He can work his ass off and make 170-pounds or 175-pounds or somebody can pay me a f*cking couple million dollars and I'll move up to 185-pounds and fight him. Or he can quit getting f*cking slapped in public, I know somebody's got that sh*t on video tape. That motherf*cker doesn't want to fight me."

Last edited by Stinky Dog : 04-15-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Stinky Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:04 AM   #56
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:

He has one of the biggest fanbases in MMA. Diaz's fanbase is made up of potheads, retards, and/or people from the Stockton area.

Quote:

You're the delusional one.

Quote:

True MMA fans? What a load of shit.

Quote:

Nah, he's somewhere around #7, and how in the hell is Kos ahead of Fitch?

Quote:

Yeah, and? His actions are keeping him out.

Quote:

Sigh, do you even think before you type all this nonsense? And, what greatness? It took him about 5 years to finally beat a top 25 WW.

Quote:

I'm not a GSP fanatic. If anyone is blind, then it's certainly Diaz's pothead fans.

Quote:

He just stood with Koscheck for 5 rounds, he tried finishing Hardy and nearly did twice, and he dominated Alves while he tore his groin in that fight. If GSP fought the weak competition that Diaz has been fighting, then he would have more finishes. He wouldn't have gone to a 5 round decision to a LW who spent every 2 seconds brushing the hair out of his eyes.

Quote:

Sure they are...
Old 04-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #57
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Dog
Nick Diaz is very capable of beating GSP in a 5 round fight. In a two men enter one man leaves scenario he's as good as any fighter at 170 or maybe even 185.

Based on what? When has he shown that he's as good as anyone at 170? Was it all the wrestlers he lost to? How he arguably lost to Mike Aina? The 5 rounds he went with a decent LW? The other time he got his face rearranged by that LW? Both times he got dropped by Daley? All the weak opponents he been beating over the past 5 years? He's been facing mediocre or washed up or one-dimensional strikers for years. You have to beat good opponents to show you're as good as anyone and he clearly hasn't been doing that.

Quote:
Nick is born to fight and has blossomed into one of the most skilled fighters on the planet. His cardio/work rate is unmatched by anyone in the sport and his chin is godly.

Cesar Gracie said Diaz isn't motivated anymore, hasn't been training like he used to and isn't in the shape that he used to be in. And, for all the skill he's shown, it's been against mostly weak competition.

Quote:
I know first hand that he's not a prick at all in RL and actually quite cool.

He was a prick to Ariel Helwani in a recent interview. He really needs to tone it down.

Quote:
I'm assuming you're referencing Jason Miller? How do you challenge someone and ask them to move up a weight class, lol.

He ducked Jay Hieron, he ducked Mayhem and now he seems to be ducking Tyron Woodley. Mayhem challenged Nick Diaz because he jumped him on national TV. Funny how Noons had to go up a weight class to fight Diaz, how Nick's teammate, Jake Shields, was willing to go up and fight a guy like Hendo, but Nick can't go up. He said he would fight at 185 in an interview and he supposedly wants to fight Anderson Silva, so why not fight Mayhem? Actually, I think he would fight someone like GSP or Jon Fitch (for the right payday), but he seems to be unwilling to fight guys like Mayhem and Woodley. He's supposed to lose to guys like GSP and Fitch, so if he loses, then, well, he was supposed to lose anyway, but at least he got paid. Now, if he were to lose to Woodley, then, well, that's a fight he's not suppose to lose so that would hurt his stock quite a bit, and Mayhem is barely a top 20 MW that could very well beat him.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #58
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Shogun vs. Forrest Griffin rematch booked for UFC Rio

http://mmaweekly.com/maurcio-shogun-...-ufc-in-brazil
Old 04-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #59
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Shogun vs. Forrest Griffin rematch booked for UFC Rio

http://mmaweekly.com/maurcio-shogun-...-ufc-in-brazil
nice if Shogun is healthy we get to see if the win of Forest was legit or the surgery did mess up Shogun's cardio, or if Shogun really has problems with people bigger then him.

Regarding the DIaz / GSP discussion, both are likeable fighters once a all out brawler guy who leaves everything on the table, the other is a methodical dude who's current skill level is rivaled by none, I enjoy GSP's Lnp better then say dudes like John Fitch and the current Rashard. Although I do enjoy the brawl as much as the next fan, its sometimes nice to enjoy technical guys like GSP, hence why I love watching Anderson Silva so much, since he's a combination of both, showboating, plus great striking skills.

Last edited by ErhnamDjinn : 04-15-2011 at 12:16 PM.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #60
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

What do you think of this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNNck8LdDMA

Probably the most talented fighter from Serbia considering his age (he's 21). This was his 4th amateur match in USA. His father is BJJ master and I think that he is brown belt.

Last edited by jamal99 : 04-21-2011 at 08:12 PM.
jamal99 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: