Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-09-2011, 01:37 AM   #616
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
macdonald got injured.. and hes out for the fight now
claude patrick taking his place... eep

Man, thats too bad, that is one of the fights I was most looking forward to on that card.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:20 AM   #617
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
macdonald got injured.. and hes out for the fight now
claude patrick taking his place... eep
oh dang, I WANTED TO SEE MORE GERMAN SUPLEX FROM HIM
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:24 AM   #618
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
YO UFC 140 IS GONNA BE DOPE!

YOU GOT MACHIDA VS JONES
FRANK MIR VS MINOTAURO NOGUIERA!
TITO ORTIZ VS LIL NOG
RORY MACDONALD VS BRIAN EBERSOLE
AND THEN
MARK HOMMINICK AGAINST A KOREAN GUY...

NOW THATS A CARD worth buyin!!

AND plus, I got my dude Krzysztof Soszynski fighting!!! #TEAM MIR!!!

Hey, it's not some random korean guy, it's Korean Zombie!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_QI-u-ayBU
He's dope!

And too bad that Rory got injured, he seems so entertaining and has much potential.

Minotauro FTW
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:25 AM   #619
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i loved that sub vs garcia, so sick!
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:26 AM   #620
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Does anyone know what time the Cain/JDS fight is supposed to start this weekend?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #621
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25949/fox-...-on-nov-12.mma

Saturday, Nov. 12 at 9 p.m. ET: UFC on FOX 1 live on FOX
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:39 AM   #622
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ka-EEN. i had no idea that's how cain's first name is supposed to be pronounced until recently... even though i should really know better. but it just goes to show, if joe rogan or commentator of choice butchers a name long enough, that mistake becomes their accepted name soon enough. but how was poor joe to know?

saturday is going to be one of the most amazing matchups in MMA history. no hype, no exaggeration, no petty feuds, no false promises, no strutting and pretending, no silly blonde viking beards... nothing but two super-talented MMA prodigies STILL on their way up tangling for the championship at the most prestigious weight class in the sport.

so i'm thinking, this is one of my best shots ever at getting friends and family interested who like competitive sports but who ordinarily don't give a crap about MMA. fingers crossed, anyway...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:07 AM   #623
dkmwise
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
saturday is going to be one of the most amazing matchups in MMA history. no hype, no exaggeration, no petty feuds, no false promises, no strutting and pretending, no silly blonde viking beards... nothing but two super-talented MMA prodigies STILL on their way up tangling for the championship at the most prestigious weight class in the sport.

so i'm thinking, this is one of my best shots ever at getting friends and family interested who like competitive sports but who ordinarily don't give a crap about MMA. fingers crossed, anyway...

Cain/JDS is really the perfect matchup for the first Fox fight. Heavyweights are the most interesting to the general public anyway, and these guys are both respectful guys who are well rounded fighters and don't gas out.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #624
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

@dkmwise,
agree. right on.

so, any predictions for the big event? i'll start...

cain / JDS - i have a definite man crush on kaEEN for what he did to the big viking. that needs to be said and admitted on my part. i also love his gas tank and his ability to rapidly learn and improve. he's turned top wrestling and 'pillow hands' into a badass total game, something that brock lesnar can only dream about right now. at the same time, JDS is just about the coolest guy i know to come out of the brasilian fight machine. natural talent second only to the spider, or something like that. and his size, work ethic, boxing and takedown defense are so phenomenal that i actually feel scared for cain. i hate the fact that one of these guys will lose and i do love cain, but i'm going to go with JDS by TKO in the 3rd round. one of those bets where i'll be thrilled to be proven wrong, like heat versus mavs if you know what i mean.

OTHER FIGHTS - i'm too excited to care, really. but hats off to DW for breaking in to prime time networks and for broadcasting free on facebook. saturday is going to be one of the best days for the world of MMA and the public.

speaking of dana white, a super excellent article about him by the guy who covers lebron just came out. most interesting piece i've ever seen on the man- An inside look at Dana White
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #625
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I saw on ESPN that Sonnen is getting the next shot at Silva.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #626
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

The only way i see jds winning is if cain will be affected by 'ring rust'. If the cain that beat lesnar is the same cain that fights jds, i'll pick him to win in the 3rd or 4th via smother TKO. As slightly evidenced by the nelson fight, his cardio is suspect. And we all know cain brings a pace like nick diaz plus the wrestling.

I dont think jds can handle that for a five round fight. Im a big JDS fan though and i want to see him win but i think cain will not try to mess with jds's stand up. Cain's wrestling is probably one of the best in the division and i think he can take it to the ground. But like gigantes i want to be proven wrong with this one.

Oh and ben henderson will stun guida and win via RNC in the 2nd round.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:40 AM   #627
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hey guys, question.... whats a jitter?

Frank Mir mentioned it in one of his videos, like... what hes doing before a fight.. yall should watch it, pretty interesting..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7FrTkM2SXY

this interview was before his fight with nog.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #628
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

akiyama vs jake shields at ufc 144 in japan

jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #629
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Has anyone ever had a long reign on top of the heavyweight division?
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #630
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Has anyone ever had a long reign on top of the heavyweight division?
Fedor.

If you mean ufc, the closest i can think of was tim sylvia
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: