Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-15-2011, 06:14 AM   #781
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Uh uh, just conveniently pick when Mir was good to fight. The fact of the matter is if he wasn't ready to go, then he shouldn't have fought. The Vera fight was 2 years after the bike accident. I wouldn't take Mir's first win over Nog away just because Nog wasn't healthy and shouldn't have taken that fight. If you want a more recent fight, then Mir didn't look good against an over-the-hill Cro Cop, who is a small HW. He weighed in the same as Carwin (265) and Nelson (260); another fight he didn't look that good in.

Fact remains he still wasnt in shape -- And I think everyone knew that.
Cro Cop Vs Mir? It was boring until he knocked out Mirko... and? He knocked him out..Yes, it wasnt his best performance ... but yet, he managed to knock him out with a knee into his face.... And for the rest of the matches you mentioned.. You win some, you lose some.. You try to win them all but you can't right? (I figured one of the fighters, said the same thing.. or I think I got it from one of them)

lol To be honest with you, I dont even remember what we're arguing about..
You compared an UGLY-Mir to a prime Vera (at that time)... and for me -- it was just incomparable.

but yeah it is what it is.

Last edited by $LakerGold : 12-15-2011 at 06:17 AM.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:56 AM   #782
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who cares if he knocked Cro Cop out? Everyone has been knocking him out in the 3rd. The guy completely falls apart in the 3rd. Mir wasn't in shape? That's his fault. BJ Penn wasn't in shape for his fights, but he still didn't lose to a mediocre opponent that he was much bigger than in a minute. Mir wasn't in shape? He lost in a minute, so it's not like cardio came into play anyways...
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #783
Godzuki
Banned

Godzuki has not been impressing people

Quote:
Who cares if he knocked Cro Cop out? Everyone has been knocking him out in the 3rd. The guy completely falls apart in the 3rd. Mir wasn't in shape? That's his fault. BJ Penn wasn't in shape for his fights, but he still didn't lose to a mediocre opponent that he was much bigger than in a minute. Mir wasn't in shape? He lost in a minute, so it's not like cardio came into play anyways...

lol ure one of the biggest retard mma observers i've ever seen. the way u play favorites is f'in sad i love how u make excuses for Nog being hurt but fighting then try to dog Mir for being out of shape and fightiing...obviously to exxcuse Nog losing and applying a double standard to one and not the other for them both supposedly not being at their best. fedor lost in the first 30~ seconds to werdum. wasn't he ure greatest fighter of all time and unbeatable? don't even act like people don't get caught in this sport all of the time, whether its a punch or a sub, still fact remains a half decent observer can tell who geets caught and who has legit skills, even if they get caught multiples of times(like Sonnen for ex), it still doesn't take away from how good he is at what he does. almost everyone in mma has a weakness, whether its brock's striking, carwin's/bj's cardio, etc, its laffable ure trying to act like Mir sucks so much, but thats typical u and ure horrible consistently bias viewpoints. sad
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #784
Godzuki
Banned

Quote:
WTF are you rambling about this time? Anybody who watched the fight saw that Nog could have won no problems if he made Mir stand up or just didn't completely lose his mind.

If we're going to judge fighters on just 1 fight, then how about Mir vs. Vera?

Based on what?

LOL, he got destroyed by Vera in a minute, and Vera is mediocre LHW.

Nog lost u f'in idiot the IF card applies to every fight u moron especially in mma and u apply it with such a double standard its amazing u can't see how homer retard u are. i swear i feel like i'm arguing with some kobe fan that thinks he's made every clutch shot and never missed with how ridiculously bias u always are like some typical Sherdog retard. he caught Mir, it went to the groound, he tried to sub Mir, Mir went for his leg, then switched to kimora i believe and won it. no matter what double standard excuse u want to make for ure boy Nog he LOST. its just such a joke how if that was Nog that won like that u would act like he completely wrecked Mir....bet. its so typical u....
Old 12-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #785
Godzuki
Banned

just wanted to say good morning to everybody to make the negger mad
Old 12-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #786
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

just out of curiosity, what would you guys recommend as an entertaining mir fight?

i'll DL and watch the majority recommendation, assuming i haven't seen it already.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #787
HeavyMetal
I airball my layups

HeavyMetal has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
just out of curiosity, what would you guys recommend as an entertaining mir fight?

i'll DL and watch the majority recommendation, assuming i haven't seen it already.

Mir vs Nog 1 & 2
Mir vs Kongo
Mir vs Hardonk
Mir vs Simms 2
Mir vs Tim Sylvia

Those are his best fights to watch IMO. Avoid the Cro Cop fight.... and if you want to watch Mir getting his ass handed to him watch the second fight with Lesnar and the fight with Carwin.
HeavyMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #788
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #789
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Everyone is different bro.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #790
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
LOL, trolls these days
Old 12-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #791
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
LOL, trolls these days
dana should fire himself for making a rape joke
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:20 PM   #792
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes

Win Or Lose, its still entertaining.

UFC 92 : The Ultimate
UFC 100
Vs. Cheick Kongo (Google Frank Mir and go on Wikipedia.. scroll all the way down to see the list)
Vs. Antoni Hardonk - Its the reborn
Vs. Tank Abott

Ima watch Grapplers Quest later... Frank Mir Vs Roy Nelson - I heard dude gassed out lol (Whos the fat ass now )
Old 12-15-2011, 06:22 PM   #793
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

Yeah the 2nd match against Wes Sims was pretty entertaining.

My UFC 50 - 100 collection is complete :)
I missing some ufc event/s from 1 - 50.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #794
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
lol ure one of the biggest retard mma observers i've ever seen. the way u play favorites is f'in sad i love how u make excuses for Nog being hurt but fighting then try to dog Mir for being out of shape and fightiing...obviously to exxcuse Nog losing and applying a double standard to one and not the other for them both supposedly not being at their best. fedor lost in the first 30~ seconds to werdum. wasn't he ure greatest fighter of all time and unbeatable? don't even act like people don't get caught in this sport all of the time, whether its a punch or a sub, still fact remains a half decent observer can tell who geets caught and who has legit skills, even if they get caught multiples of times(like Sonnen for ex), it still doesn't take away from how good he is at what he does. almost everyone in mma has a weakness, whether its brock's striking, carwin's/bj's cardio, etc, its laffable ure trying to act like Mir sucks so much, but thats typical u and ure horrible consistently bias viewpoints. sad

Godzuki, I dont know if its part of who you really are or just a gimmick... but can you quit typin like a moron? talk like a normal person bro.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #795
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

thanks, fellas. i chose the sims2 and hardonk fights because i'm sure i haven't seen them before. here's my takes:

sims- mir takes his superior balance, strength and low center of gravity and throws (floors) the dude repeatedly. once there, maybe he didn't have the best G&P, but it took it's toll. then, on the feet... oh yes... those knee strikes and that last vicious shot to the head, bam. haven't seen a head snap back that far in a while. nice finish too, for a guy who had illegally stomped on mir's face their previous fight. and seems to talk a bunch of smack in general.

hardonk- great takedown, great armlock, including not letting the guy roll away from the hold. not much else to say.

thoughts:

- both of those guys are basically just average HW's. kongo, nog, and nelson are basically gatekeepers now and gatekeepers when he fought them. sylvia, meh... not the most impressive fighter i've seen. so, yea... he may have mostly looked good against these guys, but isn't that what he's supposed to do at his level?

- i still don't think i've ever seen mir impress on the feet (in the sims fight the guy was already half-out). he just doesn't seem to have that explosiveness... the power and the arm speed. he's a wizard on the ground, obviously, but how is he ever going to get past the top strikers... strikers who are hard to take down?

- also, he seems to gas pretty often. i remember that from several of his previous fights, but even in the quick hardonk fight he had trouble finding breath afterward for his interview with joe.

conclusion: mir is somewhat more interesting to watch than i remember, but the reality is still this- he pretty much maxes at around sixth-best in the world in today's MMA. and yes, he's definitely an education on the ground, but i'd still rather watch the fighters i mentioned previously in terms of title-shots or eliminators. if mir could work on his cardio and striking i could see myself and audiences changing our minds. but he's 32 and the clock's ticking, you know?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: