Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #871
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

FEDOR STILL TRYNA GET IN THE UFC

IT WON'T HURT TO TRY RIGHT? lol
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #872
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
FEDOR STILL TRYNA GET IN THE UFC

IT WON'T HURT TO TRY RIGHT? lol
if DW can ever get over his personal dislike of fedor / M1G, the division could totally use another top-5 or top-10 fighter like him.

even if fedor lost most of his UFC fights, the draw potential would still be crazy for a good year or two. it's a gold mine waiting to happen, really... particularly with the number of injuries among belt-holders that's been going on the past year.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:38 AM   #873
vinsane01
National High School Star

Bob sapp just tapped due to a takedown...A TAKEDOWN! I really doubt he got injured. Maybe he did, but if so i bet it's more a result of lack of training than thompson's injury inducing takedown. I think the dude really doesnt care anymore and just wants to get paid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7npj3mhJcpU

And lol at his wiki page..sappmissions..
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #874
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Yep, it doesn't take much to get Sapp to quit.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #875
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Sapp doesn't take fighting seriously, he doesn't seem to improve in his fights and he just seems to fight the same way in every single fight of his. He only fights for the pay day he can get. But if he keeps on losing he won't be getting paid much. But there's always Japanese Pro-Wrestling, so he can always go back and starting wrestling again.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #876
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
Sapp doesn't take fighting seriously, he doesn't seem to improve in his fights and he just seems to fight the same way in every single fight of his. He only fights for the pay day he can get. But if he keeps on losing he won't be getting paid much. But there's always Japanese Pro-Wrestling, so he can always go back and starting wrestling again.

funny thing is....when Sapp started started fighting in K1 ...he TKO'd the greatest kickboxer of alltime!!!...TWICE!!

then it seemed he kinda just didn't care anymore...
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #877
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
funny thing is....when Sapp started started fighting in K1 ...he TKO'd the greatest kickboxer of alltime!!!...TWICE!!

He beat an old and over-the-hill Hoost.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #878
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Sapp is still cool in my book.

http://youtu.be/9dCNym6sO3E

Old 03-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #879
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Sapp got some wins in PRIDE and then Powerbombed and beat Big Nog, then he got armbared and submitted by Big Nog, then he won a couple of fights and then his career began to go downhill and now he's a scrub in MMA.

Such is Sapp's fighting career.

With his size, if he took fighting seriously and began training properly he would be a top MMA Heavyweight fighter.

Sadly he only cares about the money, but if he keeps on losing the way he did with Thomson, his paydays will be less and less each time.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #880
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
He beat an old and over-the-hill Hoost.

so Bob Sapp with very very basic boxing skill's destroys the Michael Jordan of Kickboxing who was only 35 years old???....

you are reaching....wierd fights and Sapp had no business beating Hoost ...at 35 , 45 or 50 years old...

especially since Sapp has gone on to lose to much lesser fighters..
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #881
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Hoost was 37 and Sapp outweighed him by what, 150 pounds?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #882
vinsane01

I saw Sapp's early K1 bouts the other day, along with some disturbing sapp videos, like when he was playing around with some several teen japanese pop group...it's one of those videos that makes you go wtf did i just watched...anyway........

He clearly outweighed hoost by a large margin and at the end of the day that was the key reason sapp beat him. Plus during those 2 bouts he was willing to take punishment for the sake of winning. He was motivated and had pride to not whine and quit. The dude's body can take a punch, his fighting spirit and willingness to get hit and hit back, just isnt there. Just look at that fight against mirko, there is no way that punch was harder than some punches and kicks hoost gave him. If he displayed the same toughness and desire to win plus a good training camp then one could imagine what could have been.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #883
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsane01
I saw Sapp's early K1 bouts the other day, along with some disturbing sapp videos, like when he was playing around with some several teen japanese pop group...it's one of those videos that makes you go wtf did i just watched...anyway........

He clearly outweighed hoost by a large margin and at the end of the day that was the key reason sapp beat him. Plus during those 2 bouts he was willing to take punishment for the sake of winning. He was motivated and had pride to not whine and quit. The dude's body can take a punch, his fighting spirit and willingness to get hit and hit back, just isnt there. Just look at that fight against mirko, there is no way that punch was harder than some punches and kicks hoost gave him. If he displayed the same toughness and desire to win plus a good training camp then one could imagine what could have been.
Mirko broke sapps orbital bone thats why he crumpled to the mat, lets see you stand after taking a shot like that
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #884
vinsane01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
Mirko broke sapps orbital bone thats why he crumpled to the mat, lets see you stand after taking a shot like that

feisty.. I wasnt even comparing bob sapp to me. Im just saying, he ate so many punches and heavy leg kicks from hoost that it's perplexing to see him go down so easily with one shot that didnt even move his head. I didnt know mirko broke his orbital, so sorry if i didnt delve into the issue enough. I guess seeing his recent bouts before his earlier ones gave me an impression of him being simply a quitter. Even so, it's weird to see a big guy k1 fighter like him crumple up in a fetal position, seemingly cry and not know what to do over a broken orbital. Again im not comparing him to me.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #885
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsane01
...Even so, it's weird to see a big guy k1 fighter like him crumple up in a fetal position, seemingly cry and not know what to do over a broken orbital. Again im not comparing him to me.
i'm not sure how weird it is. no matter how big and strong you are, when you feel something break in the upper area of your face that's gotta be highly disturbing. nature tends to take over, you know? even a broken jaw might be preferable.

IIRC jon jones broke facial bones against... uh, either vera or bader i think. whoever it was, you could see the shock and disturbed look on their face as soon as it happened, and like sapp they kind of went in to shutdown mode...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: