Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-08-2012, 05:52 AM   #931
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Hope this isn't a question that makes me look too stupid, but how come Fedor doesn't fight in the UFC? Money issues? Contractual disputes? Doesn't want to?

Well now he's washed up, before it was first because he wanted to be allowed to also fight Sambo in Russia and the UFC wouldn't let him but then they told him he could do that and they offered him a ton of money but his managers (M1-Global) said they wanted to co-promote his events with the UFC, which of coarse is ridiculous given how big the UFC is and how small they are.

That is my basic understanding of it, if i'm wrong someone please correct me.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:01 AM   #932
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmwise
Well now he's washed up, before it was first because he wanted to be allowed to also fight Sambo in Russia and the UFC wouldn't let him but then they told him he could do that and they offered him a ton of money but his managers (M1-Global) said they wanted to co-promote his events with the UFC, which of coarse is ridiculous given how big the UFC is and how small they are.

That is my basic understanding of it, if i'm wrong someone please correct me.

Ah I see. From what I've seen so far, UFC don't even need the guy now, more than plenty of good fighters to fill arenas. Would have been great to see him though of course, but it's not a 'must have' deal for UFC now, if it ever was.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #933
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

fedor is not exactly washed up, and the UFC could absolutely use him right now with their #1 draw freshly retired (brock lesnar) and long injuries to their #2 and #3 draws (anderson silva and GSP).

problem is, dana white hates the dude for his mgmt team's silly tactics over the years. because with white, everything is personal, and he'd rather lose money than give up a grudge.

during his 3-loss losing streak fedor was outclassed by one fighter, bigfoot silva. that's it. there's no reason to think he couldn't put up very competitive fights with most of the UFC's top ten even now, but it looks like he's just not going to get that chance...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:43 AM   #934
Kobe Jnr
Banned

Kobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

War Diaz!
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:10 AM   #935
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
"According to Dana White, Carlos Condit has agreed to a rematch with Nick Diaz. Says Condit will be in Vegas on Friday to finalize everything. What you think?"
as of 7:52 this past night, the soap opera has swung back the other way:
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/75...-carlos-condit

i didn't understand what condit's motivation was for a rematch, anyway. he already earned the win in everyones eyes who mattered, had little to gain, and much to lose (his guaranteed shot at GSP).

these guys only fight a couple times a year anyway, so it makes more sense in the scheme of things to do the GSP-condit fight followed by GSP - diaz regardless of the winner of the title fight. then, nothing preventing condit from fighting diaz later on when they've both improved / evolved. they're both young enough, so i don't see the problem.

of course TBH, another way of saying all that is that i don't give a crap about the fans who think diaz won...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:08 AM   #936
Kobe Jnr
Banned

Kobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Condit getting the cheese.
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:56 AM   #937
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There's a rumor that Nick pissed hot for weed.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:35 AM   #938
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18

Shocker
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #939
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18

indeed, it has been confirmed today :o

when he first tested positive he got suspended for 6 months. so i assume he'll get a longer and harsher penalty this time around

Last edited by jaydacris : 02-09-2012 at 05:28 PM.
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #940
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Aight just to get some more discussion going in here besides random news updates, I got a question/prediction contest. Me and my boy were arguing about it last night at the bar. Which current champ loses their belt first? Who holds it the longest?

Bantamweight - Domonick Cruz (Next opponent: Urijah Faber)
Featherweight - Jose Aldo (Next opponent: TBD)
Lightweight - Frankie Edgar (Next opponent: Ben Henderson)
Welterweight - Georges St-Pierre (Next opponent: Carlos Condit Interim)
Middleweight - Anderson Silva (Next opponent: Chael Sonnen)
Light Heavyweight - Jon Jones (Next opponent: Rashad Evans)
Heavyweight - Junior Dos Santos (Next opponent: Alistair Overeem)

Last edited by B-Low : 02-09-2012 at 05:43 PM.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #941
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

I could see Rashad beating Jon Jones and Overeem beating Dos Santos. I think the other champs are safe for some time.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #942
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Aight just to get some more discussion going in here besides random news updates, I got a question/prediction contest. Me and my boy were arguing about it last night at the bar. Which current champ loses their belt first? Who holds it the longest?

Bantamweight - Domonick Cruz (Next opponent: Urijah Faber)
Featherweight - Jose Aldo (Next opponent: TBD)
Lightweight - Frankie Edgar (Next opponent: TBD)
Welterweight - Georges St-Pierre (Next opponent: Carlos Condit Interim)
Middleweight - Anderson Silva (Next opponent: Chael Sonnen)
Light Heavyweight - Jon Jones (Next opponent: Rashad Evans)
Heavyweight - Junior Dos Santos (Next opponent: Alistair Overeem)
Frankie is fighting bendo in 2 weeks or so.I think its him if not Jones.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #943
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Frankie is fighting bendo in 2 weeks or so.I think its him if not Jones.

wow i forgot all about that Japan event lol. Too many f'n events in Jan and Feb

edited
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #944
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
indeed, it has been confirmed today :o

when he first tested positive he got suspended for 6 months. so i assume he'll get a longer and harsher penalty this time around
Well there goes any chance of a rematch.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #945
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Think JDS and Silva have the best chance of losing to his next opponent. Think Jones and Aldo will have their belts for a while.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: