Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #1096
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
No but you can watch it here.

http://www.ufc.com/tuf-brasil-episodes

It's been a fun season. I like it better than TUF Life, but I'm biased as I'm a Brazilian MMA fan. I probably like TUF Brazil better than TUF Live because Vitor and Wanderlei are better coaches than Cruz and Faber. Man Cruz and Faber lack personality and aren't very entertaining to watch at all.
thanks for the link Ive heard it was way better. Lolz there's a dude called Hugo Wolverine
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #1097
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
No but you can watch it here.

http://www.ufc.com/tuf-brasil-episodes
cool, thanks. i'll check out one or two eps at the least. it's been pretty boring with the 6-week MMA break, and april 21st can't come soon enough.

in other news, overeem just applied for his fighter's license for UFC 146.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #1098
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Wanderlei just seems totally frustrated after losing 2 fights in a row. His reaction and Cordeiro's reaction to Forte's loss was a bit harsh. I mean I know they're frustrated because they lost again, but chill a little, help the guy feel better and then tell him out.

They were disappointed and I can't say I blame them. The guy went out there and did nothing the whole fight. Going about it the way they did can often times be a much better approach as opposed to just sugarcoating everything and telling a person, "You'll get 'em next time, slugger!" or "Keep your head up, you did great!" That type of shit rarely ever does anything positive.

Quote:
Wanderlei and Cordeiro came off as the type of people you don't want to talk to when you're depressed, as they'll just give you all the wrong tips and make you want to commit suicide, jeesh.

This is quite false. Fighters don't need to be coddled like little kids. They're grown men and not 12 year old kids.

Quote:
As a Christian I also think it's fun watching Team Vitor carry their praying spirit and be praying and looking to glorify Christ in every way possible. Good times.

It makes normal people roll their eyes.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #1099
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
thanks for the link Ive heard it was way better. Lolz there's a dude called Hugo Wolverine
Hugo Wolverine is a super talented Featherweight fighter. I have high hopes for the kid and expect him to make it far on the show. He's only fought in the preliminary round, be he looked really good, some nasty elbows he used in his ground and pound which he TKO'ed his opponent with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
cool, thanks. i'll check out one or two eps at the least. it's been pretty boring with the 6-week MMA break, and april 21st can't come soon enough.
Bellator has been on MTV 2 and it always brings the fun, watch that in the meanwhile. They got some top talent, specially in the lighter weight classes. Marlon Sandro fought Alexandre Bezerra, Masakatsu Ueda and Hiroshi "Iron" Nakamura fought some guys guys on in their Bellator Bantamweight Tournament at Bellator 64 which was the last event they run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
in other news, overeem just applied for his fighter's license for UFC 146.
He'll end up getting cleared to fight Dos Santos someway. The UFC almost always finds a way around for their fights most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
They were disappointed and I can't say I blame them. The guy went out there and did nothing the whole fight. Going about it the way they did can often times be a much better approach as opposed to just sugarcoating everything and telling a person, "You'll get 'em next time, slugger!" or "Keep your head up, you did great!" That type of shit rarely ever does anything positive.
Like it's not enough knowing you got your dreams crushed and then you have people who helped you rubbing it in your face.

Quote:
This is quite false. Fighters don't need to be coddled like little kids. They're grown men and not 12 year old kids.
Put yourself in the situation, grown men or 12 year old kids or not and then let us know.

Quote:
It makes normal people roll their eyes.
</3
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #1100
Edwin

You know, this is worth noting, some of the guys on TUF Brazil are fighting way out of their weight class.

For example, Daniel Sarafian looks like he usually fights at Light Heavyweight and is fighting at Middleweight, Rodrigo Damm I know fights at Lightweight and is fighting at Featherweight.

Yeah, Rodrigo Damm is probably one of the most famous fighters on TUF Brazil, he fought twice in Strikeforce and 3 times in Sengoku. He challenged Gilbert Melendez for the Interim Strikeforce Lightweight Title a couple of years ago.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #1101
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Like it's not enough knowing you got your dreams crushed and then you have people who helped you rubbing it in your face.

They're doing it to motivate the other fighters still alive. The guy who lost should use that as motivation, as well. If they were to tell the guy he fought great and tried his heart out, then what kind of motivation is that? That's just telling him to give the same poor effort as he did that time.

Quote:
Put yourself in the situation, grown men or 12 year old kids or not and then let us know.

I prefer people to be straight shooters and give their honest feelings and not people who try to sugarcoat shit which just makes things worse. If I went out there and fought like shit, didn't do much, and lost, then I don't want someone telling me I did great and tried my best. If I sucked, then tell me I sucked. Lies are easier to say and easier to hear, but they do little and can be counterproductive. Coddling is for kids and weak-minded people.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #1102
jaydacris
Banned

Akiyama fighting thiago alves in July..

Last fight for sexiyama in ufc?
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:15 AM   #1103
Edwin

That should be another FOTN performance for Akiyama. Maybe Dana will keep him around if he gets FOTN again. I at least hope they do consider keeping him around if he gets FOTN even if he loses. He's a decent draw in Japan and a big draw for them in Korea, so if they want to grow in Korea, they need to keep Akiyama around. Plus the dude has faced some tough competition in all of his UFC fights. As long as Dan Hardy's still employed, I have hopes Akiyama is still employed.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #1104
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
During an interview with MMAHeat.com producer Karyn Bryant to promote UFC's live event this weekend from Sweden, MMA legend Tito Ortiz teased that he is considering a career with WWE once his UFC contract is up

WWE and MMA is gettin to be like Rap and the NBA. When you're in one, you wanna try the other
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #1105
Edwin

Tito has done Pro-Wrestling before, he had some appearances in TNA before and so did Frank Trigg acting as a Kurt Angle clone. So Pro-Wrestling isn't something new for Tito and if he can make a couple of extra million wrestling in WWE, then go for it. His MMA career has pretty much run it's course and he'll probably end up getting released by the UFC if he continued to lose and would be fighting on smaller shows and getting paid less, so beginning to wrestle and making millions is a smart move. Tito going to WWE won't make any blemishes on his MMA career despite what some fans might think. It's really the smartest move for him to make with his career. I hope he actually does pick up on this as it's the best thing for him IMO.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #1106
Edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Tito's definitely got mic skills. I think we all remember his broadcasting career with affliction.
Ah hahahaha those were some of the best moments on the mic in MMA ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS4bGO5ndVs
Old 04-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #1107
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
That should be another FOTN performance for Akiyama. Maybe Dana will keep him around if he gets FOTN again. I at least hope they do consider keeping him around if he gets FOTN even if he loses. He's a decent draw in Japan and a big draw for them in Korea, so if they want to grow in Korea, they need to keep Akiyama around. Plus the dude has faced some tough competition in all of his UFC fights. As long as Dan Hardy's still employed, I have hopes Akiyama is still employed.
Losing a stand-up fight to Jake Shields is almost as low as you can get. I think this is his last shot.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #1108
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

Quote:
Ah hahahaha those were some of the best moments on the mic in MMA ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS4bGO5ndVs

oh man
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:07 AM   #1109
Edwin

I had Akiyama winning the fight against Shields. Akiyama won't get cut for a while, neither will KID or Gomi. The UFC is trying to build a fan base in Japan an cutting 3 of the bigger more known Japanese fighters the UFC has is not a smart move.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:13 AM   #1110
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Thank god that idiot Tickle lost. I couldn't stand him (as I've said a bunch of times in this thread). And not only did he lose, but I think he was the first one to tap this season too wasn't he?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: