Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-14-2012, 03:18 AM   #1111
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

I must say this is probably the best episode of the season so far.

The pre-fight stuff was rather entertaining.

I have no idea why Rio said Justin came off as a cocky guy, he was just giving his opinion on fighting and age and Justin is one of the nicer guys in the house. They also went pretty hard in the sparing during training.

Tickle brought the submission on himself for all the trash talk he did in the pre-fight stuff. Sure that helped build up the fight, but it didn't work in his favor. He looked good in defeat though. Proctor sunk in a tremendous Rear Naked Choke. I loved the takedown and transition to it.

Props to Team Faber Coach Danny Castillo kicking the Cool Grey 11's. He was rocking them kicks in the post fight you could see them. Dude seems like a sneakerhead though as IIRC he had a similar pair of kicks last week. I think they were the Concord 11's. Can't remember though. I need to coop me up a pair of Cool Grey 11's. Well see, but that's another topic for another day.

This is one of those seasons of TUF where I really can't remember most of the guys in the house outside of Justin because he's one of the fighters who stood out the most for me, Cristiano because he was another of stand out fighters who stood out the most for me, Chiesa and Rio who look a like, Tickle because of his trash talking and Chiesa's Italian friend with the short hair and beard. The rest I really don't remember. The lack of house drama has derailed me from remembering the guys.

This episode was fun but I still prefer TUF Brazil, even though the fights on TUF Live have been better. Guys on Sherdog are saying that people prefer TUF Brazil just because it's in Brazil and Brazilian, but that's arguable. I personally prefer TUF Brazil because it has better coaches, the build up between Vitor and Wanderlei is much more interesting, the fighters are much better even though the fights haven't been that good and they have better characters and are more charismatic.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #1112
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Just a reminder for anyone that's around this afternoon, Fight Night on Fuel comes on (ironically) this afternoon at 3, not sure how many people remembered.

Gustaffson vs. Thiago Silva is the main event. They're saying that if Gustaffson wins this, he might get the last shot at Jones if Jon gets past Evans and Hendo (before Jones tries out heayweight, which I don't think he should attempt)

Also looking forward to seeing Brad Pickett out there again.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #1113
Edwin

2 fights already in the main card and 2 submission finishes. Pickett with a Rear Naked Choke on Page. Maguire with an Armbar on Johnson. Now it's time for the fight I'm looking forward to the most Nunes vs. Siver.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #1114
jaydacris
Banned

wow what a knockout
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #1115
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
wow what a knockout

I was pissed i moved the couch to look for my phone charger and when i looked up i see dude laying there like he just got assassinated
Old 04-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #1116
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

The apocalypse is coming!
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #1117
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Damn i thought Stann had him out with that knee
Old 04-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #1118
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
NVM
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #1119
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino

Marines>apocalyptic fighters

Last edited by AlphaWolf24 : 04-14-2012 at 05:02 PM.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #1120
jaydacris
Banned

damn sick crowd!
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #1121
Edwin

I hope Goldberg doesn't compare Gustafsson so much to Jones in his next fight smh.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #1122
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Gustafsson is lanky as hell, Jones is lanky as hell. Other than that any similarities pointed out between the two is just UFC reaching tryin to make SOMEONE seem like a legit threat to Bones.

At 205 Evans is the last real option as far as contenders go IMO
Old 04-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #1123
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Side notes:

* I thought it was funny that John Maguire wears all black and pink because he said his lifelong hero is Bret "Hitman" Hart, and he goes on to win by submission. Bret would be proud

* Bahazurada seems like a really likable guy. I'm watching a postfight show and he said his only goal in UFC is to get Afghanastan in headlines for a positive reason because anytime the world sees the name they assume it's something negative. He also won knockout of the night. Seems like a funny, down to earth guy though

* Anyone else find it interesting that UFC's last 2 FREE tv cards have been better than their last few PPV's overall?
Old 04-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #1124
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Side notes:

* I thought it was funny that John Maguire wears all black and pink because he said his lifelong hero is Bret "Hitman" Hart, and he goes on to win by submission. Bret would be proud

* Bahazurada seems like a really likable guy. I'm watching a postfight show and he said his only goal in UFC is to get Afghanastan in headlines for a positive reason because anytime the world sees the name they assume it's something negative. He also won knockout of the night. Seems like a funny, down to earth guy though

* Anyone else find it interesting that UFC's last 2 FREE tv cards have been better than their last few PPV's overall?

ever since the FX deal....Joe Silva has tried to make fights exciting for viewers on the free cards..(IMO more type's of fights where the 2 fighters will stand and trade) rather then more technical fights that only hardcore fans will appreciate....
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #1125
Edwin

http://tatame.com.br/2012/04/14/UFC-...-x-Reino-Unido

Just found this on Tatame and it says that Dana announced it at the UFC on FUEL TV 2 press conference in Sweden.

Apparently the translation says TUF India, then TUF Australia vs. UK and then TUF Canada.

Anyone who speaks better Portuguese than me can probably confirm this.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: