Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-08-2012, 04:28 AM   #1186
gigantes
‪ ‪

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
No one is more deserving than Frank Mir to fight for the title...
which just goes to show how dysfunctional the HW division is.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:37 AM   #1187
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
which just goes to show how dysfunctional the HW division is.
Well Frank earned it..Dana White just don't know who to give the title shot to...seriously Frank Mir Vs Cain? I mean, I love the idea...finally Frank is facing a legit heavyweight, it's just that, Cain should go back at the end of the line and give others a chance....

And yeah, who are we kidding about the Mark Hunt situation... if someone is gonna get a title shot, it should be Frank lol...just sayin, he broke Nogueira's arm for christ sake.

Dana White JUST WANTS CAIN VS JDS 2, TO HAPPEN...THAT'S PREPOSTEROUS and ****ING UNFAIR.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #1188
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Mir doesn't deserve a title shot. The only reason he's getting consideration is because of how thin the division is.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #1189
gigantes
‪ ‪

neither of them earned it. like you say it's too early for cain, and like you didn't say, mir has been as unimpressive as possible during his little win streak. i'm sure you don't see it that way, but you're a heavy mir fan, so any argument in that area will be pointless.

but the problem is, after reem there is no one in the entire division who really deserves an immediate shot. if cormier - barnett had been settled by now, you could have made a case for the winner. werdum is very close, especially since the reem fight can functionally be tossed. it's all asterisks everywhere you look. hunt just as much, but at least there's a small x-factor with that one. with mir, there's none. the real problem is that other than JDS and cain, the prospects in the division have been totally disappointing for years.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #1190
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Mir's not a draw and is boring to watch. Mir's on a 3 fight win streak.

Velasquez just lost the title in his last fight. Velasquez was undefeated and beat every top Heavyweight he ever fought before losing the title.

It's a toss up between those 2.

There's still Werdum and Hunt. Werdum recently lost to Overeem though. Hunt is on a 3 fight win streak. Give Hunt the title shot and forget the rest.

Some rumored news that has been confirmed and is awesome, Hacran Dias has signed with the UFC. Hacran is a training partner of Jose Aldo, Marlon Sandro, Diego Nunes, etc. from Nova Uniao. He fights at Featherweight. For those of you not familiar with him, he's one of the top Featherweight prospects from across the world. He tried out for TUF Brazil but didn't get on the show, he got signed by the UFC however.

I highly recommend you watch out for him and recently signed Brazilian Flyweight, John "Mao de Piedra" or "Hands of Stone" Lineker. Lineker's fighting Louis Gaudinot at UFC On FOX. Expect that to be a really good fight.

Another Brazilian prospect to watch out for is Dileno Lopes who fights at Featherweight and was the guy who lost to Rony Jason on the TUF Brazil preliminaries. He's super talented and undefeated and also trains at Nova Uniao. If the UFC doesn't pick him up, I expect Bellator to pick him up. He's super talented.

There's also top Flyweight prospect Jussier "Formiga" Da Sliva.

Last edited by Edwin : 04-08-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #1191
Edwin

Here's some thoughts on the third episode of TUF Brazil.

If he does it for the cameras or not, I have no idea, but Vitor is coming off as a nice guy and a better coach than Wanderlei is. Vitor seems to actually be supporting his fighters in win or lose, although they haven't lost yet, so I'm curious to see how he reacts to his team after a lose. However he does come off as a more comprehensive coach than Wanderlei does and a much better coach and person as well.

Wanderlei just seems totally frustrated after losing 2 fights in a row. His reaction and Cordeiro's reaction to Forte's loss was a bit harsh. I mean I know they're frustrated because they lost again, but chill a little, help the guy feel better and then tell him out. Babalu seemed a lot more comprehensive of the situation.

Wanderlei and Cordeiro came off as the type of people you don't want to talk to when you're depressed, as they'll just give you all the wrong tips and make you want to commit suicide, jeesh.

The fight itself was alright, nothing must see with the exception of the finish to it. Sarafian is a tank. He's a super big Middleweight, although I think he fights regularly at Light Heavyweight, so he's coming down to Middleweight to fight on the show. I really liked the dude. He looked super talented. As a Christian I also think it's fun watching Team Vitor carry their praying spirit and be praying and looking to glorify Christ in every way possible. Good times.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #1192
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
Here's some thoughts on the third episode of TUF Brazil.

If he does it for the cameras or not, I have no idea, but Vitor is coming off as a nice guy and a better coach than Wanderlei is. Vitor seems to actually be supporting his fighters in win or lose, although they haven't lost yet, so I'm curious to see how he reacts to his team after a lose. However he does come off as a more comprehensive coach than Wanderlei does and a much better coach and person as well.

Wanderlei just seems totally frustrated after losing 2 fights in a row. His reaction and Cordeiro's reaction to Forte's loss was a bit harsh. I mean I know they're frustrated because they lost again, but chill a little, help the guy feel better and then tell him out. Babalu seemed a lot more comprehensive of the situation.

Wanderlei and Cordeiro came off as the type of people you don't want to talk to when you're depressed, as they'll just give you all the wrong tips and make you want to commit suicide, jeesh.

The fight itself was alright, nothing must see with the exception of the finish to it. Sarafian is a tank. He's a super big Middleweight, although I think he fights regularly at Light Heavyweight, so he's coming down to Middleweight to fight on the show. I really liked the dude. He looked super talented. As a Christian I also think it's fun watching Team Vitor carry their praying spirit and be praying and looking to glorify Christ in every way possible. Good times.

wait...I usually don't watch alot of T.U.F....

is the Brazil T.U.F already on TV/FX???
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #1193
Edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
wait...I usually don't watch alot of T.U.F....

is the Brazil T.U.F already on TV/FX???
No but you can watch it here.

http://www.ufc.com/tuf-brasil-episodes

It's been a fun season. I like it better than TUF Life, but I'm biased as I'm a Brazilian MMA fan. I probably like TUF Brazil better than TUF Live because Vitor and Wanderlei are better coaches than Cruz and Faber. Man Cruz and Faber lack personality and aren't very entertaining to watch at all.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #1194
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:

It's been a fun season. I like it better than TUF Life, but I'm biased as I'm a Brazilian MMA fan. I probably like TUF Brazil better than TUF Live because Vitor and Wanderlei are better coaches than Cruz and Faber. Man Cruz and Faber lack personality and aren't very entertaining to watch at all.
thanks for the link Ive heard it was way better. Lolz there's a dude called Hugo Wolverine
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #1195
gigantes
‪ ‪

Quote:

cool, thanks. i'll check out one or two eps at the least. it's been pretty boring with the 6-week MMA break, and april 21st can't come soon enough.

in other news, overeem just applied for his fighter's license for UFC 146.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #1196
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Wanderlei just seems totally frustrated after losing 2 fights in a row. His reaction and Cordeiro's reaction to Forte's loss was a bit harsh. I mean I know they're frustrated because they lost again, but chill a little, help the guy feel better and then tell him out.

They were disappointed and I can't say I blame them. The guy went out there and did nothing the whole fight. Going about it the way they did can often times be a much better approach as opposed to just sugarcoating everything and telling a person, "You'll get 'em next time, slugger!" or "Keep your head up, you did great!" That type of shit rarely ever does anything positive.

Quote:

This is quite false. Fighters don't need to be coddled like little kids. They're grown men and not 12 year old kids.

Quote:
As a Christian I also think it's fun watching Team Vitor carry their praying spirit and be praying and looking to glorify Christ in every way possible. Good times.

It makes normal people roll their eyes.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #1197
Edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
thanks for the link Ive heard it was way better. Lolz there's a dude called Hugo Wolverine
Hugo Wolverine is a super talented Featherweight fighter. I have high hopes for the kid and expect him to make it far on the show. He's only fought in the preliminary round, be he looked really good, some nasty elbows he used in his ground and pound which he TKO'ed his opponent with.

Quote:
cool, thanks. i'll check out one or two eps at the least. it's been pretty boring with the 6-week MMA break, and april 21st can't come soon enough.
Bellator has been on MTV 2 and it always brings the fun, watch that in the meanwhile. They got some top talent, specially in the lighter weight classes. Marlon Sandro fought Alexandre Bezerra, Masakatsu Ueda and Hiroshi "Iron" Nakamura fought some guys guys on in their Bellator Bantamweight Tournament at Bellator 64 which was the last event they run.

Quote:
in other news, overeem just applied for his fighter's license for UFC 146.
He'll end up getting cleared to fight Dos Santos someway. The UFC almost always finds a way around for their fights most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
They were disappointed and I can't say I blame them. The guy went out there and did nothing the whole fight. Going about it the way they did can often times be a much better approach as opposed to just sugarcoating everything and telling a person, "You'll get 'em next time, slugger!" or "Keep your head up, you did great!" That type of shit rarely ever does anything positive.
Like it's not enough knowing you got your dreams crushed and then you have people who helped you rubbing it in your face.

Quote:
This is quite false. Fighters don't need to be coddled like little kids. They're grown men and not 12 year old kids.
Put yourself in the situation, grown men or 12 year old kids or not and then let us know.

Quote:
It makes normal people roll their eyes.
</3
Old 04-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #1198
Edwin

You know, this is worth noting, some of the guys on TUF Brazil are fighting way out of their weight class.

For example, Daniel Sarafian looks like he usually fights at Light Heavyweight and is fighting at Middleweight, Rodrigo Damm I know fights at Lightweight and is fighting at Featherweight.

Yeah, Rodrigo Damm is probably one of the most famous fighters on TUF Brazil, he fought twice in Strikeforce and 3 times in Sengoku. He challenged Gilbert Melendez for the Interim Strikeforce Lightweight Title a couple of years ago.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #1199
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Like it's not enough knowing you got your dreams crushed and then you have people who helped you rubbing it in your face.

They're doing it to motivate the other fighters still alive. The guy who lost should use that as motivation, as well. If they were to tell the guy he fought great and tried his heart out, then what kind of motivation is that? That's just telling him to give the same poor effort as he did that time.

Quote:
Put yourself in the situation, grown men or 12 year old kids or not and then let us know.

I prefer people to be straight shooters and give their honest feelings and not people who try to sugarcoat shit which just makes things worse. If I went out there and fought like shit, didn't do much, and lost, then I don't want someone telling me I did great and tried my best. If I sucked, then tell me I sucked. Lies are easier to say and easier to hear, but they do little and can be counterproductive. Coddling is for kids and weak-minded people.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #1200
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

Akiyama fighting thiago alves in July..

Last fight for sexiyama in ufc?
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: