Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #1201
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

ariel the little mermaid has reported that rousey - kaufman will be going down in august.

as someone who competed at 155lbs in judo, rousey may walk around as heavy as 160 during training camp. i would not want to be in sarah kaufman's shoes, facing her at 135 and desperately training for the next three months on how not to get your arms dislocated against a 4th-degree judo black belt. yikes.

what an amazing matchup that rousey - santos should be in a year or so. everything that carano - santos should have been...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #1202
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Nick Diaz was a no show to his bjj match
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #1203
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie Daniels
Braulio flew from Thailand to the UK then to California in a 4 day span, made the weight, and got stood up. Such a bummer for him and all of us that really wanted to see this.
yea, especially a bummer for all the folks who paid $10 a pop to see it streamed live, many of whom were persuaded by diaz' pre-fight announcement that he'd be donating his purse to charity.

meanwhile diaz is chilling in his basement, high as a kite, living it up with his favorite playstation game. good times...
Old 05-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #1204
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Nick Diaz says the organizer of the event didn't donate the money to charity as they agreed and that he changed the rules of weighings to help the Brazilian. Braulio however says that they had agreed to fight at 180 lbs and that he talked to Cesar Gracie and Cesar told him that Nick weighed 180 lbs the night before the fight.

Is it just me or does no one from TUF Live really show that much talent to be successful in the UFC Lightweight division? I know they're pretty young fighters, but I just don't see the potential in them that I saw in some of the other fighters from some of the other seasons. I see this season similar to the season with Big Nog and Mir as coaches.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #1205
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
Nick Diaz says the organizer of the event didn't donate the money to charity as they agreed and that he changed the rules of weighings to help the Brazilian.
cesar gracie, his trainer and manager, also just said that the info you quoted as coming from nick, i.e. "diaz brothers" on facebook, is not legit. that FB acct does not belong to the diaz bros, apparently.

the fact is that braulio estima made it down to 180lb the day of the fight (which actually gave diaz the strength advantage) and that nick said nothing publically the entire 3-day weekend, nor during the day when he was supposed to show up. i mean, the very least he could have said is "this fight is BS... i protest it for reasons X or Y or Z and i'm not showing up... so f--k all of you." i mean, at least that would have been communication.

instead he chose to play games in his basement and let a bunch of people spend their money over a lost cause. because if he was REALLY concerned that the BJJ tourney was reneging on the charity donation, that would have been the one key effort he could have made, i.e. saying "don't let them use my name on this, bro!" instead, he did nothing. so alibi removed.

nick diaz is an awesome fascinating fighter, but he's a complete amateur as a human being. he obviously has anxiety issues, and i'm sympathetic, but there are 50-yr old bums on the street with the same anxiety issues. diaz is like 28-yrs old, in uber-prime health, a multi-millionaire with an array of psychiatric and pharmaceutical help easily available to him and he's still playing games with himself, his fans, and with MMA.

like i said, totally amazing fighter, but if a truck ran over him tomorrow i would not shed a tear for that dipshit.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:03 AM   #1206
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Pre ordered Chaels book
Old 05-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #1207
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Is it just me or does no one from TUF Live really show that much talent to be successful in the UFC Lightweight division? I know they're pretty young fighters, but I just don't see the potential in them that I saw in some of the other fighters from some of the other seasons. I see this season similar to the season with Big Nog and Mir as coaches.
I think that's because there are so many smaller MMA organizations out there now. The really good and talented fighters get discovered earlier. Fighters can eventually get into the UFC through other means while still earning money and not sacrificing all that time stay in the TUF house. I'd be shocked if we ever see another champion (Evans, Griffin) or even a contender (Maynard, Diaz) come out of TUF again.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #1208
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Isn't it already out? I was thinking about getting it too.
Came out today.Got mine in the mail.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #1209
MeloMike
Nugz/Melo/Habs/Jays

Cerrone vs Pettis please. Title eliminator perhaps.
MeloMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #1210
jaydacris
Al

good first round
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #1211
jaydacris
Al

holy fack
korean zombie is sick!

always puts on a good fight, wow!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #1212
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Korean Zombie!!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #1213
jaydacris
Al

haha i remember dong hyun kim called out gsp after a mediocre win

i think korean zombie's call out was a bit more warranted ;)
Old 05-16-2012, 01:53 AM   #1214
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Jung is easily one of the best most entertaining fighters in the UFC. I like Mark Hominick and he actually fights out of my hometown so it's crazy that I was still rooting for Zombie in that fight. Great choice of sticking with The Cranberries when it comes to entrance music. The "zombie, zombie, zombieee" when he stands in the cage... awesome.

I remember watching that first Zombie-Garcia fight and being in awe of the wild brawl. I think I've rewatched that at least 5 times since. I'm glad he's putting together some good wins now too.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:22 AM   #1215
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
like i said, totally amazing fighter, but if a truck ran over him tomorrow i would not shed a tear for that dipshit.

I never understood how the Diaz bros. had so many fans...

Quote:
I think that's because there are so many smaller MMA organizations out there now. The really good and talented fighters get discovered earlier. Fighters can eventually get into the UFC through other means while still earning money and not sacrificing all that time stay in the TUF house. I'd be shocked if we ever see another champion (Evans, Griffin) or even a contender (Maynard, Diaz) come out of TUF again.

I could certainly see another contender coming from TUF. Ben Henderson failed to make it on season 9. There's been some other pretty good fighters who also failed to make it on. I think there could be some in the future because TUF is a shortcut into the UFC. There's been guys from recent seasons who have good potential, plus the flyweight division is new, so someone like Dodson is already a contender.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 05-17-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: