Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-11-2012, 02:15 AM   #1201
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Edwin is considered somewhat coolEdwin is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

That should be another FOTN performance for Akiyama. Maybe Dana will keep him around if he gets FOTN again. I at least hope they do consider keeping him around if he gets FOTN even if he loses. He's a decent draw in Japan and a big draw for them in Korea, so if they want to grow in Korea, they need to keep Akiyama around. Plus the dude has faced some tough competition in all of his UFC fights. As long as Dan Hardy's still employed, I have hopes Akiyama is still employed.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #1202
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
During an interview with MMAHeat.com producer Karyn Bryant to promote UFC's live event this weekend from Sweden, MMA legend Tito Ortiz teased that he is considering a career with WWE once his UFC contract is up

WWE and MMA is gettin to be like Rap and the NBA. When you're in one, you wanna try the other
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #1203
Edwin

Tito has done Pro-Wrestling before, he had some appearances in TNA before and so did Frank Trigg acting as a Kurt Angle clone. So Pro-Wrestling isn't something new for Tito and if he can make a couple of extra million wrestling in WWE, then go for it. His MMA career has pretty much run it's course and he'll probably end up getting released by the UFC if he continued to lose and would be fighting on smaller shows and getting paid less, so beginning to wrestle and making millions is a smart move. Tito going to WWE won't make any blemishes on his MMA career despite what some fans might think. It's really the smartest move for him to make with his career. I hope he actually does pick up on this as it's the best thing for him IMO.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #1204
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tito's definitely got mic skills. I think we all remember his broadcasting career with affliction.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #1205
Edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Tito's definitely got mic skills. I think we all remember his broadcasting career with affliction.
Ah hahahaha those were some of the best moments on the mic in MMA ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS4bGO5ndVs
Old 04-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #1206
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
That should be another FOTN performance for Akiyama. Maybe Dana will keep him around if he gets FOTN again. I at least hope they do consider keeping him around if he gets FOTN even if he loses. He's a decent draw in Japan and a big draw for them in Korea, so if they want to grow in Korea, they need to keep Akiyama around. Plus the dude has faced some tough competition in all of his UFC fights. As long as Dan Hardy's still employed, I have hopes Akiyama is still employed.
Losing a stand-up fight to Jake Shields is almost as low as you can get. I think this is his last shot.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #1207
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
Ah hahahaha those were some of the best moments on the mic in MMA ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS4bGO5ndVs

oh man
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:07 AM   #1208
Edwin

I had Akiyama winning the fight against Shields. Akiyama won't get cut for a while, neither will KID or Gomi. The UFC is trying to build a fan base in Japan an cutting 3 of the bigger more known Japanese fighters the UFC has is not a smart move.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:13 AM   #1209
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thank god that idiot Tickle lost. I couldn't stand him (as I've said a bunch of times in this thread). And not only did he lose, but I think he was the first one to tap this season too wasn't he?
Old 04-14-2012, 03:18 AM   #1210
Edwin

I must say this is probably the best episode of the season so far.

The pre-fight stuff was rather entertaining.

I have no idea why Rio said Justin came off as a cocky guy, he was just giving his opinion on fighting and age and Justin is one of the nicer guys in the house. They also went pretty hard in the sparing during training.

Tickle brought the submission on himself for all the trash talk he did in the pre-fight stuff. Sure that helped build up the fight, but it didn't work in his favor. He looked good in defeat though. Proctor sunk in a tremendous Rear Naked Choke. I loved the takedown and transition to it.

Props to Team Faber Coach Danny Castillo kicking the Cool Grey 11's. He was rocking them kicks in the post fight you could see them. Dude seems like a sneakerhead though as IIRC he had a similar pair of kicks last week. I think they were the Concord 11's. Can't remember though. I need to coop me up a pair of Cool Grey 11's. Well see, but that's another topic for another day.

This is one of those seasons of TUF where I really can't remember most of the guys in the house outside of Justin because he's one of the fighters who stood out the most for me, Cristiano because he was another of stand out fighters who stood out the most for me, Chiesa and Rio who look a like, Tickle because of his trash talking and Chiesa's Italian friend with the short hair and beard. The rest I really don't remember. The lack of house drama has derailed me from remembering the guys.

This episode was fun but I still prefer TUF Brazil, even though the fights on TUF Live have been better. Guys on Sherdog are saying that people prefer TUF Brazil just because it's in Brazil and Brazilian, but that's arguable. I personally prefer TUF Brazil because it has better coaches, the build up between Vitor and Wanderlei is much more interesting, the fighters are much better even though the fights haven't been that good and they have better characters and are more charismatic.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #1211
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Just a reminder for anyone that's around this afternoon, Fight Night on Fuel comes on (ironically) this afternoon at 3, not sure how many people remembered.

Gustaffson vs. Thiago Silva is the main event. They're saying that if Gustaffson wins this, he might get the last shot at Jones if Jon gets past Evans and Hendo (before Jones tries out heayweight, which I don't think he should attempt)

Also looking forward to seeing Brad Pickett out there again.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #1212
Edwin

2 fights already in the main card and 2 submission finishes. Pickett with a Rear Naked Choke on Page. Maguire with an Armbar on Johnson. Now it's time for the fight I'm looking forward to the most Nunes vs. Siver.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #1213
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wow what a knockout
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #1214
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
wow what a knockout

I was pissed i moved the couch to look for my phone charger and when i looked up i see dude laying there like he just got assassinated
Old 04-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #1215
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The apocalypse is coming!
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: