Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-17-2012, 04:00 AM   #1216
jaydacris
Al

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

ufc offered bj penn to koscheck... koscheck accepted... waiting on penn's answer
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #1217
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Kos vs. BJ is a fight between 2 guys who will never get a title shot again, but are big enough names to make a big fight which should be fun. I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah the Korean Zombie is super fun to watch. One of my favorite fighters. If you've never seen any of the Korean Zombie's fights from before his UFC run, do yourselves a favor and watch Korean Zombie vs. Masanori Kanehara from Sengoku. It's the best Korean Zombie pre-UFC fight. Of course it's nowhere as fun as Korean Zombie vs. Garcia I nor as fun as Korean Zombie vs. Poirier, but it's his third best fight after those 2.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #1218
jaydacris
Al

bj penn declined looks like

also, mark hunt had to pull out of his fight vs struve (first time in 13 years o_o)
sucks for him

but guess whos stepping in to fight struve.... Lavar Johnson!
Old 05-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #1219
Edwin

Thiago Bodao is one of the nicest guys in TUF history and one of the nicest guys in MMA in general.

Also Wanderlei's not a very good TUF coach and tries to build up drama with some pointless occurrences.

Faber and Team Alpha Male are funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rujY6-m9xU

Watch and you might get what I said.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #1220
Edwin

Massaranduba vs. Macarrao at UFC 147.

Alves wants a rematch with Kampmann after the Bahadurzada fight.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:11 PM   #1221
vinsane01
National High School Star

I know im so late for this but i got to say Ufc on fuel had some great fights.

Cerrone looked really good against the guy who lost to Pettis via a split decision. I really doubt Cerrone improved drastically or Stephens declined in just a few months, so i think it's fair to compare their respective match ups with nate and pettis. Obviously game plans and type of fight preferred by fighters affects the outcome, but for the most part, all 4 of those guys prefer a stand up battle. So to me this fight further solidifies Nate Diaz being the number contender. As a fan of diaz, i'd much rather see Diaz fight Pettis than to wait for the winner of Bendo/Edgar. Cerrone should probably fight the winner of Maynard/Guida.

As for the main event, well what can i say, KZ brings it every time. He's like the shogun of featherweight division, in a sense that he fight's like a zombie....or maybe it's the other way around. Maybe Rua should be called the brazilian zombie..... Being that the FW doesnt have much contenders lined up, a fight with Aldo looks logical at this point.

Maldonado and Pokrajac was another good bout. But i believe Maldonado was robbed of yet another victory. Judges probably doesnt like fighters throwing punches exclusively. Dude has a great chin so he doesnt mind getting knee'd repeatedly but from the looks of it Fabio clearly out struck Igor.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #1222
vinsane01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
ufc offered bj penn to koscheck... koscheck accepted... waiting on penn's answer

Hope he comes back as a lightweight. I think Kos is just going to wrestlefck him for 3 or 5 rounds.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #1223
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
Thiago Bodao is one of the nicest guys in TUF history and one of the nicest guys in MMA in general.

Also Wanderlei's not a very good TUF coach and tries to build up drama with some pointless occurrences.

I don't see what makes Wandy a bad coach. Also, I can see their argument from both sides. It didn't make Belfort look good lying about it, though.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #1224
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsane01
Hope he comes back as a lightweight. I think Kos is just going to wrestlefck him for 3 or 5 rounds.

Penn turned down a fight against Melendez earlier.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #1225
vinsane01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Penn turned down a fight against Melendez earlier.

Well that scks. His refusal probably has more to do with Melendez being in strikeforce than it being a lightweight fight me thinks. Regardless, the ufc should convince him to fight at LW and offer him an interesting fight at that division.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #1226
Edwin

The way that Wanderlei and Cordeiro jump on the fighters from their team after they lose, the fact that they don't really seem to have a gameplan for fights outside of telling the fighters they're coachin to go all out like they would makes him a bad coach.

The argument is super lame. I think Wanderlei over did the whole situation with the "it's one of the saddest days in MMA for me seeing 2 friends fight." It looked bad on Vitor for lying too.

BJ doesn't want to fight for now he's retired, it has nothing to do with Melendez not being a UFC fighter and fighting in Strikeforce. BJ has also said he doesn't want to fight at Lightweight and if he returns it will be at Welterweight, so there's little to no chance of him coming back at Lightweight.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #1227
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
The way that Wanderlei and Cordeiro jump on the fighters from their team after they lose

They did it to like 1 or 2 guys. They didn't do it on the last show did they? Nope. They were disappointed in some of the fighters who looked like they didn't give the effort. To me, it looked like a couple of them could have done a lot more in their fights. If you see a guy in practice and he looks really good, but when he gets in the cage he looks much worse like he's not going for it, then there's going to be disappointment.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #1228
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

cool... barnett vs. cormier in a little more than 24 hours. finally this disastrous GP has a chance at closure. and two requests:

- could we please break the laws of reality and have both men win... some how, some way?

- could we not have the winner waste theirs and everyone else's time by fighting one more fight in SF before being accepted in to the UFC?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #1229
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

The strikeforce heavyweight grandprix is today.Also Gilbert Melendez is fighting josh thompson
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #1230
jaydacris
Al

wow that 4th round
close call for melendez
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: