Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 04-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #16
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Default Re: 2011 Must Haves

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
its end of year in Japan. I don't think it comes this year. Sorry...im following this closely. the trailer is awesome.

we have similar tastes.

Just looked it up, you're right. Damn, It's gonna be a while for this one.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #17
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Definitely, if they actually make 2011:

-Skyrim
-Mass Effect 3

3/4/5 of the following:

One of Fifa 12/PES 2012
One of the new tennis games once they drop in price (usually only takes a few months)
LA Noire
Batman Arkham City
Dead Island
Deus Ex
Saints Row 3
Battlefield 3
Rage
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #18
Clippersfan86
Banned

Mass Effect 3 (will be the best video game of this generation IMO)
Dragon Age 2
NBA 2k12
Gears of War 3
Deus EX
Elder Scrolls Skyrim
Batman Arkham City
Homefront
The Darkness 2

Mass Effect 3 is going to go down as the greatest game of this console generation and one of the best ever. Bioware used part 2 simply as a bridge to the final of the trilogy. They have had most of the ME3 material for about 2 years now. Finally we get to go to Earth after 2 games of not being able to and it happens to be where the final war with the Reapers takes place. I really believe it's going to be such an incredibly epic game that sets the bar for this generation of console games going forward.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 04-04-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:45 PM   #19
SourPatchKids
o()xxx[{::::::::::::>

SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:26 AM   #20
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller

Battlefield 3 fo sho
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #21
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Mass Effect 3 is going to go down as the greatest game of this console generation and one of the best ever. Bioware used part 2 simply as a bridge to the final of the trilogy. They have had most of the ME3 material for about 2 years now. Finally we get to go to Earth after 2 games of not being able to and it happens to be where the final war with the Reapers takes place. I really believe it's going to be such an incredibly epic game that sets the bar for this generation of console games going forward.
I'm just a little iffy on how they'll play out the Reapers "war". SPOILERS IN WHITE
The ending in mass effect 2 it showed a lot of reaper ships coming in. I just don't see how a group of 9-11 people could save the universe.

It worked in ME2 when they did a suicide infiltrator mission because there was only 1 collector ship and only 1 collector base. Are they going to do the Will Smith route in ME3? Going to the mother reaper ship, blowing it up and then for some reason all the other reaper ships go down?
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #22
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
I'm just a little iffy on how they'll play out the Reapers "war". SPOILERS IN WHITE
The ending in mass effect 2 it showed a lot of reaper ships coming in. I just don't see how a group of 9-11 people could save the universe.

It worked in ME2 when they did a suicide infiltrator mission because there was only 1 collector ship and only 1 collector base. Are they going to do the Will Smith route in ME3? Going to the mother reaper ship, blowing it up and then for some reason all the other reaper ships go down?

Well.... I'm sure there will be a big break. Such as discovering a new technology from the Protheans to fight them etc. I think the decision at the end of 2 whether or not to save the human Reaper is going to be a big factor in the war. I decided to destroy it both times because I was sick of the Illusive Man jerking my squad around.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #23
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Well.... I'm sure there will be a big break. Such as discovering a new technology from the Protheans to fight them etc. I think the decision at the end of 2 whether or not to save the human Reaper is going to be a big factor in the war. I decided to destroy it both times because I was sick of the Illusive Man jerking my squad around.
There might also be more allies in ME3.In ME1 it was only the alliance fighting soveriegn.In ME3 depending how you chose to do things Krogan,Rachni,Protheans,Geth and other might help you.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:05 PM   #24
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
There might also be more allies in ME3.In ME1 it was only the alliance fighting soveriegn.In ME3 depending how you chose to do things Krogan,Rachni,Protheans,Geth and other might help you.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh they definitely will. I saved the Geth AI when I did the mission with Legion.. so should have their support... obviously ruler of a big Krogan clan Wrex will get his guys on your side... and after saving the Rachni... in pt 1 the queen tells you in part 2 that she didn't forget and will be ready for the war.. or something like that. So should have lots of allies. As for the Protheans.. It would be amazing if a couple still exist and help but they are likely extinct for good.

I actually was shocked when I found out the Collectors were Protheans. All I know is... if I have to rob a stranger on the street to come up with 60 bucks in this shitty work economy... to get ME3 opening night I WILL! Lol. Since part one in 07... I've been obsessed with this game. Everyone has that eye opening gaming moment where you feel like you're a part of the game and you love everything about it. For me that's the Mass Effect series. I've always been a huge fan of sci fi and astronomy so this game was tailor made for someone like me.

I'm actually bummed out that this is the final of a trilogy after only 4 years. Wish they could make like 5 games.

Btw random question.. who's your favorite squad member in both games combined? Mine is Mordin. Dude is hilarious and evil lol.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #25
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Not to turn this into an ME3 thread but I never did get to play ME1, so my fave character would be Tali'Zorah. Sucks coz I got her the last in ME2. I dunno something about her personality seems "real"

Hopefully they'll have something like the final stage of Killzone 2, when you actually feel there's a war going on.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:45 AM   #26
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Not to turn this into an ME3 thread but I never did get to play ME1, so my fave character would be Tali'Zorah. Sucks coz I got her the last in ME2. I dunno something about her personality seems "real"

Hopefully they'll have something like the final stage of Killzone 2, when you actually feel there's a war going on.

Part 1 is like 10-12 bucks used from Gamestop. If you don't have 360.. get it for PC man. It's well worth playing it. I'm not sure how the PS3 catch you up to speed thing works... but if you get to make the decisions from part 1 with that too... just play it so you have a little more background on the game. The characters were a bit more memorable in 1st game and deeper.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #27
clipse026
Local High School Star

It's too bad the combat was absolutely horrible in the 1st game. The 2nd improved on it so much.

Anyway I just Pre-ordered Portal 2 since it's going to be PS3, PC/Mac cross-platform.

I'm also looking forward to:

Mass Effect 3
Uncharted 3
L.A. Noire
Batman Arkham City
Catherine
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:54 AM   #28
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Here's some new details about Mass Effect 3 for all of you who are anticipating it. Some story spoilers in the article, so don't read if you don't want to know.

http://www.gamersmint.com/new-mass-e...tails-revealed
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:35 AM   #29
SourPatchKids
o()xxx[{::::::::::::>

Oh and MW3
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #30
jaydacris
Banned

mass effect 3 is now a 2012 must have...

delayed till 2012
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: