Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2011, 05:52 AM   #1
Hondo
Go CELTICS!
 
Hondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,236
Default Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

Disclaimer: This may become a trade thread. My apologies.

He's really frustrating me this year. If he can't step up his game for the remainder oft he season and the playoffs, I think we need to trade him. I wonder if we could get a talent like Chris Paul back in return? He's going to leave the Hornets anyway.

Even if Rondo tears it up over the latter half of the season, I still believe we should trade him, because he'll stumble back to Earth, inconsistent as hell.

A lot of Celtic fans may come in here and bash me, but I have had enough of Rondo. I do see him as a great young player, but there are just too many limitations to his game. He was supposed to take his game to another level this year to rival Derrick Rose, who has clearly elevated his game. Rondo seems to have regressed from last season.

Some Rondo deals I'd happily do:
(these are not complete deals, just the framework)
Denver - Raymond Felton & Nene
Golden State - Monta Ellis or Stephen Curry and filler
Indiana - Darren Collison, Roy Hibbert and filler
Milwaukee - Andrew Bogut and Brandon Jennings
New Jersey - Deron Williams
New Orleans - Chris Paul
Philadelphia - Jrue Holiday and Igoudala or Brand
Portland - Brandon Roy and Greg Oden
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:02 AM   #2
alenleomessi
L
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,267
Default Re: Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

Im not even sure Denver will do that trade ...
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:02 AM   #3
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick
 
BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 5,077
Default Re: Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

You brand Rondo as inconsistent then want to trade him for Roy and Oden, who are consistently injured.

He is injured, per CSNNE:

Quote:
Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo has not been himself recently, and now we know why.

The Celtics' all-star point guard has been battling a right pinkie injury, one that Rondo said has been bothering him for the past couple of weeks.

Rondo revealed the injury following Boston's 89-85 win at New Orleans, a game in which Rondo re-aggravated the injury and had to leave the game.

"My finger, my hand went numb," Rondo said. "I was a little concerned about it, going back in."

Rondo eventually returned to the floor, with the finger taped up - something he said he has been doing for the past couple of weeks.

http://www.csnne.com/03/20/11/Rondo-...55&feedID=3945

He's not Kobe, and even Kobe struggled with shooting hand injuries. He needs time off; Delonte looked great last night, he and Arroyo should be able to handle duties for 2 or 3 games to let Rondo rest.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:03 AM   #4
iamgine
...
 
iamgine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 13,606
Default Re: Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

My problem with him is why he still can't shoot. In my opinion, it is not hard to become a good shooter. Not Ray Allen level shooter mind you, just knock down simple spot up and free throw shots. Rondo got Ray Allen and Paul Pierce if he need pointers. I'm sure Boston has excellent shooting coaches too. So I don't know whose fault it is that he still can't shoot. Frankly it boggles my mind.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:06 AM   #5
Hondo
Go CELTICS!
 
Hondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,236
Default Re: Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
You brand Rondo as inconsistent then want to trade him for Roy and Oden, who are consistently injured.

I would take my chances. The risk/ reward is huge.
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:08 AM   #6
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick
 
BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 5,077
Default Re: Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
My problem with him is why he still can't shoot. In my opinion, it is not hard to become a good shooter. Not Ray Allen level shooter mind you, just knock down simple spot up and free throw shots. Rondo got Ray Allen and Paul Pierce if he need pointers. I'm sure Boston has excellent shooting coaches too. So I don't know whose fault it is that he still can't shoot. Frankly it boggles my mind.

With an injured hand he dropped at least 2 long jumpers last night. People really don't watch him and see how much his jumper has improved. it's still a weakness, yeah, but he's hit some clutch ones this year and was at one point shooting 45% (comparable to DRose, Paul, and DWill) from 16-23 feet.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:09 AM   #7
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick
 
BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 5,077
Default Re: Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo
I would take my chances. The risk/ reward is huge.

The risk is huge, potential reward is also huge, the problem is, the chances of the reward are tiny. Both have had multiple knee injuries.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:34 AM   #8
Harison
The Awakening
 
Harison's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,011
Default Re: Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

Celtics wont trade Rondo, period. I know some fans are frustrated, but injuries and slumps are part of the game, I just hope he'll recover till the Playoffs. While we at it, Pierce is playing beyond horrible now, trade him too?
Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:35 AM   #9
Harion
Banned
 
Harion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,777
Default Re: Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

the biggest problem with your trade suggestions are that they are all slanted to favor your team. only stupid GMs will agree to any of the trade you mentioned. Rondo is not the equivalent of more than 2 good players. you complain about Rondo sucking yet overvalue his trade value. you truly are of a moron on another level.
Harion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:44 AM   #10
Sweens
I rule the local playground
 
Sweens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 496
Default Re: Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

Rondo's trade value will only represent what you have said if he is able to prove that he is a decent/good shooter, if your point guard can't hit open 3's then you have a problem, obviously him being around other good shooters helps and hinders this, in games it would obviously be better for Allen to shoot the 3, or Pierce if you need to score with the shot clock running down, if the Celtics want to trade him they need to give him the oppurtunity to be that scorer that he can be, that he would be if he was on another team everyone knows he can pass if he can prove he can score as well then some of the trades you ask for might be liable
Sweens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:56 AM   #11
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick
 
BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 5,077
Default Re: Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweens
Rondo's trade value will only represent what you have said if he is able to prove that he is a decent/good shooter, if your point guard can't hit open 3's then you have a problem, obviously him being around other good shooters helps and hinders this, in games it would obviously be better for Allen to shoot the 3, or Pierce if you need to score with the shot clock running down, if the Celtics want to trade him they need to give him the oppurtunity to be that scorer that he can be, that he would be if he was on another team everyone knows he can pass if he can prove he can score as well then some of the trades you ask for might be liable

Magic Johnson shot 30% for his career from 3.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:57 AM   #12
iamgine
...
 
iamgine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 13,606
Default Re: Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
With an injured hand he dropped at least 2 long jumpers last night. People really don't watch him and see how much his jumper has improved. it's still a weakness, yeah, but he's hit some clutch ones this year and was at one point shooting 45% (comparable to DRose, Paul, and DWill) from 16-23 feet.
How he's shooting at one point of time means nothing. %age tells everything. His 3pt and FT %age and attempts don't imcrease from his rookie year and it really should, especially playing with 3 HOFers.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:00 AM   #13
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick
 
BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 5,077
Default Re: Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
How he's shooting at one point of time means nothing. %age tells everything. His 3pt and FT %age and attempts don't imcrease from his rookie year and it really should, especially playing with 3 HOFers.

Can't remember the exact point of time but it was when Rose made the Rondo overrated thread. I think it was over a period of 30 games. Why should his 3PT and FT attempts increase when he is playing with better players? If anything, they should go down, like his usage should because the Big 3 demand the ball.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:08 AM   #14
iamgine
...
 
iamgine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 13,606
Default Re: Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
Can't remember the exact point of time but it was when Rose made the Rondo overrated thread. I think it was over a period of 30 games. Why should his 3PT and FT attempts increase when he is playing with better players? If anything, they should go down, like his usage should because the Big 3 demand the ball.
That means nothing when overall, his 3pt %age and FT% doesn't improve at all. Also, don't confuse FG% with shooting cause FG% includes layups.

Attempt should increase as he's taking more offensive loads from them than before. Yet, it doesn't. That tells me he's still uncomfortable taking it.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:17 AM   #15
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick
 
BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 5,077
Default Re: Rajon Rondo - Prime candidate for an off-season trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
That means nothing when overall, his 3pt %age and FT% doesn't improve at all. Also, don't confuse FG% with shooting cause FG% includes layups.

Attempt should increase as he's taking more offensive loads from them than before. Yet, it doesn't. That tells me he's still uncomfortable taking it.

I really don't want to drag the thread back up again, its overused, but I'm pretty sure it was 16-23 ft, 45%.

Fair enough he should be more aggressive, and needs to be.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy