Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
joe
College star

joe is considered somewhat cooljoe is considered somewhat cool
Default How can anyone really like Call of Duty multiplayer?

Call of Duty.. or should I say call of booty.. How can anyone like the multi player in this game?

Back in the day, I was a fairly skilled Halo player.I tried to get my friends into Halo, so we could form a team. What did they do instead? Play whack ass CALL OF DOODY.

So am I bitter? Yeah I'm bitter. Everyone played Call of Duty instead of Halo and it pissed me off. I'm biased, no denying it! ha

But here's my beef with Call of Duty, mostly based on comparisons to Halo.

1- One shot kills. By far the worst part of the game. Leads to a bunch of people hiding and only shooting at you from extreme cover.

2- "Classes." This is where different players can start the game with different weapons and what not. This is more a personal issue for me. I prefer that both sides start on equal ground, and then we see who's the better team. Being able to have higher speed than other players or better guns.. is corny.

3- Because of the former two reasons, fighting takes less skill. For instance, many Call of Duty players say that the skill of the game is shooting somebody first, before they can shoot you. Hand eye coordination, I dig it. But in Halo, that's only one small part of an individual fight. Not only do you have to get the first hit, but you have to strafe well, have perfect aim throughout a 6-7 second fight, etc. Not to mention battling for control of the power weapons, which Call of Duty pretty much just gives you.

I played Call of Duty.. when other players were just in the open, walking around, I was slaughtering people. With barely any experience playing the game. But once everyone started hiding I just quit. I'm not gonna stoop to their level.

I get that people like Call of Duty because it's realistic. But that's a poor reason to like a game, to me. They can make a lot of games based on "realistic" scenarios.. would they be fun? Would they be skillful? How about a game where you play as a housewife, who has to clean up and make dinner before her husband gets home, and if you fail, he beats you. Would that be fun?

Last edited by joe : 04-01-2011 at 12:07 PM.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation
Default Re: How can anyone really like Call of Duty multiplayer?

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is the GOAT online shooter..

fk CS

the ammount of new things COD4 brought was mind blowing. I remember how fun that game was to play...crazy
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We have an active video forum. Why not post this topic there?
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I dont like call of duty either but I still know that it is a way better game than fcking halo . Although halo 1 and 2 were great, currently halo has become a game for kiddies who cant handle real shooters.

if you want to play the best multiplayer console shooter on the market, go for battlefield bad company 2.

Last edited by KeylessEntry : 04-01-2011 at 12:17 PM.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
I get that people like Call of Duty because it's realistic.

Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All a matter of preference I suppose. I wouldn't say one or the other is better, just different. I personally prefer COD to Halo, but that's just me.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There is an 1,100 post CoD stickied thread in the video game forum.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
chrisxuk

Modern Warfare 1 - Very good.
Modern Warfare 2 - Meh.
Black Ops - Meh.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #9
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why can't you like and play both?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #10
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I play Black Ops, but it's not mine anyway (nor the 360). It's more casual fun with friends or family anyway. I could care less about the over quality of the game compared to another. I used to be a hardcore gamer, but after getting married and having a kid you just don't care about that shit anymore. Hell I was playing against the computer the other night and I was sniper in cover. Fucking computer threw a hatchet at me like 2-3 blocks away and killed me. I was seriously yelling at my screen saying, "Hacks! Hacks! Hacks!" while laughing.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Why can't you like and play both?

Because they get raped and turned on quite a bit when they play Call of Duty. Impossible to like the game after getting killed repeatedly.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #12
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I play Black Ops, but it's not mine anyway (nor the 360). It's more casual fun with friends or family anyway. I could care less about the over quality of the game compared to another. I used to be a hardcore gamer, but after getting married and having a kid you just don't care about that shit anymore. Hell I was playing against the computer the other night and I was sniper in cover. Fucking computer threw a hatchet at me like 2-3 blocks away and killed me. I was seriously yelling at my screen saying, "Hacks! Hacks! Hacks!" while laughing.

cool stroy bro

fo real
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #13
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I stopped reading after you mentioned halo
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:00 PM   #14
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
cool stroy bro

fo real
Thank you.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #15
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is considered somewhat coolPHX_Phan is considered somewhat coolPHX_Phan is considered somewhat cool

COD is really starting to lose it's touch with me but I can't agree with any of the reasons you listed.

One shot kills is only in Hardcore, which IMO is the only way to play. If you want something Halo-esque you can play Core, but even then you won't have those ridiculous shields.

Classes are hardly a disadvantage, if anything it makes it more competitive because each player can build their setup to better match their style of play. It's not hard to get new guns and perks, not like only the elite players can get elite weapons. I have all the guns unlocked and I still use one of the first guns you can get as my weapon of choice.

As far as campers, that has more to do with how good you are. In most cases, people just camping don't do too well unless your whole team is clueless and continually feeds them. You have grenades, noob tubes, plenty of tools to thwart campers.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: