Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #16
BlackJoker23
Local High School Star

BlackJoker23 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: How can anyone really like Call of Duty multiplayer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is the GOAT online shooter..
Truth.
BlackJoker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #17
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
2- "Classes." This is where different players can start the game with different weapons and what not. This is more a personal issue for me. I prefer that both sides start on equal ground, and then we see who's the better team. Being able to have higher speed than other players or better guns.. is corny.

I agree with this. I remember watching a buddy of mine playing his just recently, and he was telling me about the fact that players that have been there for a minute can upgrade various weapons and such, and I remember saying how ridiculous that seemed.

I mean what fun is it, if you're playing against people with WAY better weaponry, and various skills when you're just beginning? Shouldnt these players be put into their appropriate classes then instead of being thrown in there with people who are just starting out? Seems kind of lame to me.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #18
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
I agree with this. I remember watching a buddy of mine playing his just recently, and he was telling me about the fact that players that have been there for a minute can upgrade various weapons and such, and I remember saying how ridiculous that seemed.

I mean what fun is it, if you're playing against people with WAY better weaponry, and various skills when you're just beginning? Shouldnt these players be put into their appropriate classes then instead of being thrown in there with people who are just starting out? Seems kind of lame to me.

When you're just starting out you have to play with others who are similar level. You can't even play Hardcore until 17-19 I believe (or I should say you can't join HC games, you can join them while in a party). You can also pick up other people's weapons. And, like I said earlier, you don't need to be playing for a long time to get a bunch of weapons, perks and add-ons. Especially in Black Ops since you buy everything rather than having to kill to earn your add-ons.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #19
scott0326
National High School Star

scott0326 has decent reputationscott0326 has decent reputation

I like playing the game with friends and family, but playing this game alone is boring and/or pisses me off to the point where I get bored and don't even want to play anymore.
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #20
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
Truth.

GOAT and I mean it.

Everything got pretty much boring online. And I must admit I never read any reviews about Cod4, so i did not know what to expect.

A guy sold me the game for like 20 euros. Went online and BANG!...

I was mind blown----> tons of Ranks, the introduction of the legendary perks,gun attachements, tons of guns, tons of game modes, great maps...and killing streak rewards...

GOAT!
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror

Then leveling up, XP points, challenges would be meaningless. Double XP weekends would be pointless. Everyone was once a lower level noob. Even people who decide to prestige after level 50 lose every gun, perk and COD points.

So everyone should start off with the same weapons, perks, equipments? Or should it be like this. Rock, Knife, Gun...you all have a choice to pick
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #22
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
GOAT and I mean it.

Everything got pretty much boring online. And I must admit I never read any reviews about Cod4, so i did not know what to expect.

A guy sold me the game for like 20 euros. Went online and BANG!...

I was mind blown----> tons of Ranks, the introduction of the legendary perks,gun attachements, tons of guns, tons of game modes, great maps...and killing streak rewards...

GOAT!

Yes!!! Because after COD 4? COD WaW, COD MW2 and COD Black Ops dont have any of that! COD 4 da best!!!!!

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #23
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yes!!! Because after COD 4? COD WaW, COD MW2 and COD Black Ops dont have any of that! COD 4 da best!!!!!

You claerly don't understand.

Starcraft may be the GOAT strategy game..

Does that mean that Starcraft 2 is the same?

Cod4 is the GOAT, because it was the first game to bring such new fucntions to a game. AFter that they pretty much copied Call of Duty 4.

USe your brain
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #24
joe
College superstar

joe is considered somewhat cooljoe is considered somewhat cooljoe is considered somewhat cool

Halo multiplayer is bad too, but I like the mlg settings..

They take out most of the weapons (the noobish ones), make all the power ups equidistant from both teams, make the game speed a bit faster.

A lot of people don't like that you have high shields in Halo. To me that's the best part of the game. You can't just shoot someone once or twice and kill them, you've got to win over a sustained fight. With the battle rifle anyway..

I don't play video games much anymore either to be honest. But this lil debate always bothered me and the forums were slow so whateva. lol
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #25
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Because they get raped and turned on quite a bit when they play Call of Duty. Impossible to like the game after getting killed repeatedly.
So because a person sucks at a game that means he automatically hates it?I suck ass on almost all my games Halo,2k11,EA MMA, but i continue to play and have fun.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #26
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Halo players should not be allowed to have any opinion on any video game
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #27
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Halo players should not be allowed to have any opinion on any video game
Same with COD players right?
Old 04-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #28
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Also damn i wish the Video Game forum was this active.Best forum on this site for sure best moderators, no trolls, discussing games with no childish shit.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:03 PM   #29
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I consider COD and Halo heads (and Gears and all the like) faux gamers.

Both good games but the bro scene on both is just hilarious. And if all you play is FPS Multi-player then you are NOT a hardcore gamer.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #30
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

COD isn't as realistic as you think, Bad Company is what you're looking for.

And that's why I prefer BC to COD. BC is incredibly realistic and there's no cheap tactics to use like jumping 12 feet in the air and then going prone. How f*cking bullshit is that? You have to use real war strategy and there's no running and gunning. You can't run into a firefight and shotgun 8 people in the face, that shit just does not happen.

Also there's tons of gravity on your bullets which makes the game way more fun for me.

COD is more of like an arcade shooter to me, while BC is like a simulation war game.

And yes, there's a goddamn video game forum that's very active.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: