Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-13-2006, 01:10 PM   #61
PleezeBelieve
Jay-A: Thats MR To You

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
If Troy Smith is anything like Vick he's a bust. Thats the thing. If his pro team develops him into a scambler he will be $h!t just like Vick. No if he's put into the right situation and has a great couching staff that could develop him into a Mcnabb/DC type QB then yeah....he will be great. My only question is about his arm strenght. How powerful is it? Is it Carson Palmer type?
Watch the dude play and tell for yourself.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:13 PM   #62
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
If Troy Smith is anything like Vick he's a bust. Thats the thing. If his pro team develops him into a scambler he will be $h!t just like Vick. No if he's put into the right situation and has a great couching staff that could develop him into a Mcnabb/DC type QB then yeah....he will be great. My only question is about his arm strenght. How powerful is it? Is it Carson Palmer type?

He's nothing like Vick. Arm strength above average.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:14 PM   #63
scrotania
Banned

scrotania has an OK reputation so far

anyone who believes smith will be better hasn't watched both QB's for more than 4-5 games or is a complete retard.

Smith doesn't come close to Young either, so using him as a reason why a team would choose a black QB is idiotic.
scrotania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:14 PM   #64
PleezeBelieve

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yeah because Ginn was too fast.

He;'s underthrown Gonzalez too but i guess he too was too fast for the ball. You're a complete moron. Troy has always had a problem underthrowing the deep passes. He improved some this season but its still a problem because his WR's always have to adjust to his deep balls in order to make the catch.

Are ou a OSU fan or just a poser? Even real OSU fans can cosign on this *****. You're an idiot.
What quarterback hasn't underthrown receivers? Besides, I would have more to say about Troy overthrowing his receivers on the deep ball versus underthrowing them.

Bottomline here is that he's accurate and has great arm strength. Everything else your talikng about is minor and not worth arguing.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:16 PM   #65
PleezeBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotania
anyone who believes smith will be better hasn't watched both QB's for more than 4-5 games or is a complete retard.

Smith doesn't come close to Young either, so using him as a reason why a team would choose a black QB is idiotic.
, wow thanks for enlighting us with this quality and well-versed breakdown. Come back, again.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:17 PM   #66
scrotania
Banned

hey, why waste time with an in-depth arguement when you clearly haven't been watching cfb for more than a year.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #67
PleezeBelieve

Quote:
hey, why waste time with an in-depth arguement when you clearly haven't been watching cfb for more than a year.
Prove it, clown. What makes Quinn the better prospect?
Old 12-13-2006, 01:22 PM   #68
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love how you list Quinns 50% comp then when I do the same for Troy you got all the moral victories in the world. You dont need to bring up Michigan game dipshiiit because its defeats the purpose and point which is to list each QB's bad completion games. Its even for the year.

Quote:
So what?

Poor performances from both. Thats what.

Quote:
Well, why didn't Troy do it? They both threw five picks on the year.

Troy handles the pressure well.

Quote:
Never said he was flawless, but he's notthe probable #1 pick either. So I'll wait to see if anyone one else can correctly expose him like I'm doing Quinn. If you want to do it, go do some research and come holla at me later.

Above avg arm strength
Not good running out of the pocket and passing on the move
Old 12-13-2006, 01:28 PM   #69
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
Prove it, clown.

The fact you didnt know LSU and USC shared a national title. You put up a pathetic excuse too all but saying you didnt watch anyone except OSU and had a "who cares about other teams" attitude. That tells anyone you dont watch COLLEGE FOOTBALL but you sat there and argued COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Its doesnt add up. A lot of things that happened in college football you were mum too. That also tells me you didnt watch much.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:35 PM   #70
scrotania
Banned

first of all, Quinn is much more prepared for the NFL game for the simple fact that the Weiss offense is a lot closer to NFL offenses than Tressel's system. plus, did you see how many times he had to throw the ball this year? Quinn was carrying his team for most the season while Smith could rely on a trio of good runningbacks (one great one) that allowed him to pass the load of work a lot of the time.

the fact that quinn doesn't use his legs as much will translate into a better QB as well. he's more used to making tougher passes in the pocket than Smith is and his NFL coach will have more freedom to expand the offense.

Smith on the other hand relies on his legs more, but he's not VY or Vick so it's not like he's gonna be able to use it as a great weapon like you'd think. He'll be forced out of his comfort zone a bit, which will result in a shakier start. I'm not sayin he'll be bad. I do like him, but Quinn is more prepared for the NFL and it will show for a while.

As has probably been said a million times, Quinn has the perfect QB body as well. It's not that alone, but what that entails. He can throw farther, can see the defense better, is more accurate because of this, has better form, etc.

As for Smith being a better leader, I'm sorry, but playing on a much better team doesn't make you a better leader. You can see on the sidelines that they're both leader and there's no point trying to make up some formula to see who's more of a leader when none of us have been in the huddle or have coached them.

IQ is a tough one too because Smith's style exposes college defenses in a much different way than Quinn's and makes him look very smart. Through history we've seen that Smith's style doesn't translate as well so when he realizes that his game is gonna have to change, will he look as smart? Quinn on the other hand has shown me more that he has the IQ that NFL QB's need. Not saying Smith doesn't have it, but he hasn't really proven or been able to prove that he has it.

Basically, I see Quinn potentially being Palmer from last year. Smith? Not the passing skills or execution skills of Palmer and not the legs of VY or Vick.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:36 PM   #71
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default ...

GOBB there is no point. this dude is like a Kobe or Dirk groupie. He just doesnt want to accept the reality of how NFL scouts rate people. I already told him i agree its not really fair but its just the way it is. he just doesnt care and wants to defend his boy.

and PB, nice to point out that Couch didnt pan out while ignoring that Akili Smith was out of the L even faster. I guess it was b/c he was black?

Since all of our comparisons have been sooo wrong, who does Troy resemble the most? Please enlighten us.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:45 PM   #72
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
GOBB there is no point. this dude is like a Kobe or Dirk groupie. He just doesnt want to accept the reality of how NFL scouts rate people. I already told him i agree its not really fair but its just the way it is. he just doesnt care and wants to defend his boy.

I noticed. I shouldnt have even entertained the topic after i saw ur reply fell on his deaf ears. Guy is a tool.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:04 PM   #73
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

GothamKnight has an OK reputation so far

a few thoughts from me:

ND is overrated, but Quinn is their MVP. Without him they'd have a few more losses. ND's defense sucks so that's why they can't win. I don't think it's Quinn's fault. (btw I went to USC so I'm not a ND fan/homer/whatever)

Troy Smith is great, but he also had a sick defense and team. Their competition wasn't that much better btw. They had a 2 game schedule. Texas and Michigan. I saw Troy make a pass that really wowed me though. I think it was against Penn State?

Vince Young is overrated as a passer. Yeah his completion % was high in college, but did you ever watch a Texas game? The receivers were usually WIDE OPEN. I never saw a Vince Young pass that impressed me. Though admittedly I didn't watch that many Texas games. He does have Norm Chow as OC so that should help his progress a lot. I think he's a great player nonetheless. I didn't think he'd be a good pro, but he's changed my opinion... He's just a winner. Who cares how it happens as long as they win games.
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:14 PM   #74
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
He's white thats why. They always say that Black QB's need 2-3 years to mature. Or that they aren't accurate. They said the same thing about Young despite the fact that he was second in the NCAA in passing efficiency and threw for over 3,000 yards. It is the same reason that D.J. Shockley didn't get drafted until the last round after leading his team to the SEC title and was the Offensive player of the year.

I am so glad that VY is killing them this year.
Why is it that every time something does not go a black man's way some idiot says that it is due to racism?
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:17 PM   #75
PleezeBelieve

Quote:
first of all, Quinn is much more prepared for the NFL game for the simple fact that the Weiss offense is a lot closer to NFL offenses than Tressel's system. plus, did you see how many times he had to throw the ball this year? Quinn was carrying his team for most the season while Smith could rely on a trio of good runningbacks (one great one) that allowed him to pass the load of work a lot of the time.

the fact that quinn doesn't use his legs as much will translate into a better QB as well. he's more used to making tougher passes in the pocket than Smith is and his NFL coach will have more freedom to expand the offense.

Smith on the other hand relies on his legs more, but he's not VY or Vick so it's not like he's gonna be able to use it as a great weapon like you'd think. He'll be forced out of his comfort zone a bit, which will result in a shakier start. I'm not sayin he'll be bad. I do like him, but Quinn is more prepared for the NFL and it will show for a while.

As has probably been said a million times, Quinn has the perfect QB body as well. It's not that alone, but what that entails. He can throw farther, can see the defense better, is more accurate because of this, has better form, etc.

As for Smith being a better leader, I'm sorry, but playing on a much better team doesn't make you a better leader. You can see on the sidelines that they're both leader and there's no point trying to make up some formula to see who's more of a leader when none of us have been in the huddle or have coached them.

IQ is a tough one too because Smith's style exposes college defenses in a much different way than Quinn's and makes him look very smartso when he realizes that his game is gonna have to change, will he look as smart? Quinn on the other hand has shown me more that he has the IQ that NFL QB's need. Not saying Smith doesn't have it, but he hasn't really proven or been able to prove that he has it.

Basically, I see Quinn potentially being Palmer from last year. Smith? Not the passing skills or execution skills of Palmer and not the legs of VY or Vick.
There are so many holes in this, I don't know where to start....

Tressel offense allows Smith to pass the load to the running backs- What the f#ck does this mean? The reason that they don't throw like Notre Dame is because they are a balanced offense, not because the personnel is that much better. Pittman and ND's running back had the SAME, I repeat, SAME stats on the year.

Quinn's more used to making tougher passes in the pocket than Smith is and his NFL coach will have more freedom to expand the offense- Okay that why Smith threw the ball 300 time this season, huh? That's about 25 times a game. I thought in order for a pass to be considered thrown, it has to become from behind the line of scrimmage? And since when does a pocket QB allow for coaches to EXPAND the playbook.

Smith on the other hand relies on his legs more- Okay, then why does the NCAA only list him down as 60+ rushes for the season while Quinn is listed for 70+? I guess Quinn relies on his legs more than Smith does, huh?

Quinn can throw farther, can see the defense better, is more accurate because of this, has better form- Since when can you either prove that Quinn can throw father or determine that's important anyway? Everyting else, I don't neccessarily agree/disagree with anything here...both quaterback know their system very well, which only speaks to both probably picking up their new offesnes rather quickly.

Leadership- Smith is a very good leader, but Quinn may be as well. Not really worth arguing.

IQ is a tough one too because Smith's style exposes college defenses in a much different way than Quinn's and makes him look very smart- I was tempted to highlight this entire dumbass paragraph , but what I did highlight will suffice. Now, tell what what style of play Smith has that exposes defense in a way that makes him look smart, but yet, when Quinn does it, he's determined top be the next Carson Palmer? I know you can't be talking about running the ball, cause I've already sonned the sh*t out of that baseless argument. Now dude, are you going to find the guts to defend your borderline bigoted statement? I'll be waiting, guy.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: