Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-13-2006, 03:58 PM   #91
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
See, I can appreciate this post (although I don't agree), because he's being rational and stating his own opinion. He's not saying the same sh*t that he hears on the TV or radio. I suggest more of you do the same.

whatever. if Miles bagged on Smith and not Quinn you'd be having your hissy fit with as well.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #92
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

WHY do people judge players abilities by what school they go to? If Quinn went to Ohio State instead of the universally hated ND, he'd be a no brainer top QB choice.

Nothing against Smith, but from an NFL standpoint their potential isn't even close. Quinn is simply a much better thrower.

And nothing against him, but Vince Young would be playing in Canada right now if it wasn't for his legs.(and I'm picking him for rookie of the year) The guy is a horrendous passer.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:10 PM   #93
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
And nothing against him, but Vince Young would be playing in Canada right now if it wasn't for his legs.(and I'm picking him for rookie of the year) The guy is a horrendous passer.

And Dan Marino would have been a pro bowler if not for his arm.

Point?
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:12 PM   #94
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles berg
And Dan Marino would have been a pro bowler if not for his arm.

Point?
Dan Marino was a Pro Bowler BECAUSE of his arm.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:14 PM   #95
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
WHY do people judge players abilities by what school they go to? If Quinn went to Ohio State instead of the universally hated ND, he'd be a no brainer top QB choice.

Nothing against Smith, but from an NFL standpoint their potential isn't even close. Quinn is simply a much better thrower.

Quinn is not a much better thrower. That is the purpose of this entire thread. Quinn padded his stats against crap competition, he completed less than half his passes against the 2 good defenses he played. Vince plays nfl defenses every week. Vince is without question a better qb and a better prospect than quinn(or smith btw). You can say without his legs all you want but last time i checked thats still part of a qb. Yes vince can throw btw.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:25 PM   #96
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Quinn is not a much better thrower. That is the purpose of this entire thread. Quinn padded his stats against crap competition, he completed less than half his passes against the 2 good defenses he played. Vince plays nfl defenses every week. Vince is without question a better qb and a better prospect than quinn(or smith btw). You can say without his legs all you want but last time i checked thats still part of a qb. Yes vince can throw btw.

Ohio State and ND played very similar schedules. Neither of them were very strong except for a few teams. The difference is that Ohio State won the big ones, ND didn't.

And which part of the body is more likely to fall apart on a QB, the arm or the legs? Young has to become a better thrower or his career is going to resemble Vick's. Defenses are going to figure out his weaknesses. And will people please stop the anointing of Vince Young. It's way to early to say that he's a future superstar.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:36 PM   #97
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Ohio State and ND played very similar schedules. Neither of them were very strong except for a few teams. The difference is that Ohio State won the big ones, ND didn't.

And which part of the body is more likely to fall apart on a QB, the arm or the legs? Young has to become a better thrower or his career is going to resemble Vick's. Defenses are going to figure out his weaknesses. And will people please stop the anointing of Vince Young. It's way to early to say that he's a future superstar.
So you're saying OSU and ND played similar schedules, but the only difference being that OSU won theirs. Well genius, how do you think they won the game, it certainly didn't occur by osmosis. They won because Troy threw 4 touchdowns against Michigan with a 70% completion rate. While Quinn looked like a CFL prospect with like 3 or 4 picks on a 49% completion rate. But listening to you, I shouldnt be worried about those stats if I were a NFL team, huh?
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:52 PM   #98
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

And what is wrong with Vick's career. His playoff record is better than Peyton Mannings?

Not to mention he doesn't get to throw the ball to Reggie Wayne or Marvin Harrison.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:19 PM   #99
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

If Troy Smith played for Notre Dame and Quinn for Ohio State, Smith wouldn't even be talked about as a first-day pick right now, while Quinn wouldve won the Heisman and would be getting Peyton Manning/Carson Palmer-type hype going into this draft. I like Troy Smith, I really do... but the kid was very fortunate to play on such a complete team such as Ohio State. He also had dangerous weapons like Ginn and Gonzales, also good RB depth, and a oftentimes dominant defense... Quinn wasn't as fortunate, in terms of talent surrounding him..

IMO, Quinn is going to be a star. Definitely a level above the Alex Smith's and Jay Cutler's of recent drafts.. He's a leader, he has the arm to make every throw on the pro level, he has the necessary size, he has the vision and the pocket presence, has the experience in a pro-style offense, and he's shown he can lead his team to comeback victories. He's 10x the prospect of Troy Smith..
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:33 PM   #100
PleezeBelieve

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplicit
If Troy Smith played for Notre Dame and Quinn for Ohio State, Smith wouldn't even be talked about as a first-day pick right now, while Quinn wouldve won the Heisman and would be getting Peyton Manning/Carson Palmer-type hype going into this draft. I like Troy Smith, I really do... but the kid was very fortunate to play on such a complete team such as Ohio State. He also had dangerous weapons like Ginn and Gonzales, also good RB depth, and a oftentimes dominant defense... Quinn wasn't as fortunate, in terms of talent surrounding him..

IMO, Quinn is going to be a star. Definitely a level above the Alex Smith's and Jay Cutler's of recent drafts.. He's a leader, he has the arm to make every throw on the pro level, he has the necessary size, he has the vision and the pocket presence, has the experience in a pro-style offense, and he's shown he can lead his team to comeback victories. He's 10x the prospect of Troy Smith..
Troy Smith should feel fortunate, but Quinn shouldn't? OSU didn't have a 1000 yard receiver but ND has two. Both have running backs with the same stats. Now why shouldn't Quinn feel fortunate, again?
Old 12-13-2006, 06:42 PM   #101
jody
High school junior varsity star

jody has an OK reputation so far

LOL. did some retard try to argue that the BLACK guy was not getting the hype because of his race?

was that a joke?

anyway, i remember when crouch was not even allowed to play quarterback at all in the NFL, even though he was a better runner than all of these guys.
jody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:43 PM   #102
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
Troy Smith should feel fortunate, but Quinn shouldn't? OSU didn't have a 1000 yard receiver but ND has two. Both have running backs with the same stats. Now why shouldn't Quinn feel fortunate, again?

Cmon man.. I know you got Smith's back on this debate, but at least be reasonable. OSU is easily the more complete team. Notre Dame's defense is division-II caliber. They can't tackle anyone.. their defense blows.. no other way around it..

And are you telling me you'd rather have ND's WR's over OSU's? You'd pass up Ginn and Gonzales for Samarja (sp?) and McKnight? You can't be serious... OSU has no 1000-yard receivers because their running game is that damn good, they don't need to pass often. All Troy Smith has to do hand the ball off to their RBs and throw a couple short passes to Ginn and watch him turn the 5-yard catch into a 70-yard TD pass. Troy Smith had it made. His role = Big Ben on the Steelers' championship season
Old 12-13-2006, 07:06 PM   #103
PleezeBelieve

Quote:
Cmon man.. I know you got Smith's back on this debate, but at least be reasonable. OSU is easily the more complete team. Notre Dame's defense is division-II caliber. They can't tackle anyone.. their defense blows.. no other way around it..

And are you telling me you'd rather have ND's WR's over OSU's? You'd pass up Ginn and Gonzales for Samarja (sp?) and McKnight? You can't be serious... OSU has no 1000-yard receivers because their running game is that damn good, they don't need to pass often. All Troy Smith has to do hand the ball off to their RBs and throw a couple short passes to Ginn and watch him turn the 5-yard catch into a 70-yard TD pass. Troy Smith had it made. His role = Big Ben on the Steelers' championship season
OHHHHHHHH SH*T, this dude's ignorance takes the cake!!! Not only did you try to undermine the ability of a TWO-TIME All-American (Samarja), but this dude called Smith the Big Ben of college football. Last time I checked Smith was the veteran 5th-year leader on that squad, not some Hall of Fame running back. Last time I checked, Smith won the Heisman, not a savv veteran receiver. Last time I checked, Smith 3-0 against Michigan.

Dude get a clue.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:26 PM   #104
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Ok you've just indirectly admitted you'd take ND's recievers over OSU's. You're officially retarded. Keep telling yourself Quinn and Smith have comparable talent around them, you delusional kum-guzzler.

Samarja being a two-time All-American means what? College awards and achievements means squat in the pros. Samarja has no speed, he's a possession receiver. joe Jurevicious at best..

Last edited by Xplicit : 12-13-2006 at 07:32 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:38 PM   #105
jody
High school junior varsity star

jody has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Samarja has no speed, he's a possession receiver. joe Jurevicious at best..

well, that would still make him very above average at the NFL level. jurevicious led the seahawks in the superbowl.

speed might be the most overrated thing in the NFL right now when it comes to receivers.
jody is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: