Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 12-13-2006, 02:45 AM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Maggette: I Want Out

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...adlines-sports

Quote:
The Clippers initially called the 76ers to gauge their interest in Maggette, whose agent, Rob Pelinka, recently asked the Clippers to trade the seven-year veteran, sources said. The 76ers then steered the conversation toward Iverson.

Maggette has averaged at least 20 points a game in two seasons. He volunteered to come off the bench this season and is averaging 14.1 points, but his minutes have dropped from 29.5 a game last season to 25.6 this season his fewest in six seasons.

Maggette has not publicly expressed dissatisfaction with his role, but Pelinka apparently believes Maggette could contribute more with another team. The Clippers are trying to accommodate Maggette, sources said, but won't make a move unless it benefits them too.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:26 AM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If I were Maggette, I would want out too... he's always being talked about for trades... if I were him, I'd get sick of that and want to find a place where I am wanted and could start.

The Clips have mismanged this guy, and he's a talent.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:41 PM   #3
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
If I were Maggette, I would want out too... he's always being talked about for trades... if I were him, I'd get sick of that and want to find a place where I am wanted and could start.

The Clips have mismanged this guy, and he's a talent.

Just because it has been reported he has been discussed for in trades, does not mean he has actually been discusssed in trades. Reporters make up pure speculation in an attempt to start something. He wants out because he would rather drop 20+ and lose, then come off the bench, get 15|8 and win.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:45 PM   #4
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

ShawnieMac06 has an OK reputation so far

I'm not the biggest Maggette fan, but I will agree that Dunleavy specifically has pretty much mismanaged the whole Maggette situation. But Maggette himself isn't innocent in this either...for all his strengths as a slasher and a good team guy, he's a poor decision maker...careless bonehead turnovers, not finishing well enough at the basket, his lack of defensive intensity, and poor shot selection. It's no secret that Maggette isn't Dunleavy's favorite player.
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:18 PM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Just because it has been reported he has been discussed for in trades, does not mean he has actually been discusssed in trades. Reporters make up pure speculation in an attempt to start something. He wants out because he would rather drop 20+ and lose, then come off the bench, get 15|8 and win.

I do not disagree with you, but you know he hears everything we hear. and that has to weigh on him. His name has come up over and over again for the last two seasons.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:49 PM   #6
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Fine. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out!
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:52 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

it has to be hard when every season trade rumors pop up and your quite possibly the second best player on the team and yet guys like livingston who have yet to prove they are worth the hype are treated like rockstars by the management... take for example the latest trade, philly wants magette and livingston and the clippers said no not livingston... here the clips have a chance a true superstar of the nba, a guy who plays flat out everygame and they won't commit to it...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:34 AM   #8
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

MAX to Bulls!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:10 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

IMO someone of Maggettes caliber is supposed to start.

Q ross is good but not as good as maggette. If maggette gets the right playing time he can be a 2004 michael redd.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:16 PM   #10
BeeClips
I airball my layups

BeeClips has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
IMO someone of Maggettes caliber is supposed to start.

Q ross is good but not as good as maggette. If maggette gets the right playing time he can be a 2004 michael redd.

i agree. but coach dunleavy doesnt. unfortunately his opinion is the only one that counts.

where do you think the clippers will trade corey, now that iverson is a nugget? they want a 3-point shooter who can defend? hmmm...
BeeClips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:03 AM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeClips
i agree. but coach dunleavy doesnt. unfortunately his opinion is the only one that counts.

where do you think the clippers will trade corey, now that iverson is a nugget? they want a 3-point shooter who can defend? hmmm...

Well here is a list of teams that need some guidance offensively:

Memphis
Sacramento can use him
he would fit well in phoenix and you can get a good player from them in return

because of NOK's injury's you might be looking at a possible trade scenario there

thats my thoughts so far
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:56 AM   #12
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Here is a list of players I would like to have replace Maggette: Lewis, Miller or Ricky Davis as long as the deal made sense. I would hate to see the following guys lost in a trade: Brand, Livingston, Cassell, Kaman, Big Sofo or the bargain of the League Ross. I know Cassell is not playing well right now but he will come along and when he does he will be the glue of this team. I hope with the AI distraction gone The Clippers can play a little better now but I do hope Livingston continues show improvement. Any thoughts?
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:14 PM   #13
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Maggette, Kaman, Cassell, Korolev, rights to Greek Shaq, Twolves 1st, our 07 first, to Orlando for Dwight Howard, Trevor Ariza, and Carlos Arroyo.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:02 PM   #14
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Maggette, Kaman, Cassell, Korolev, rights to Greek Shaq, Twolves 1st, our 07 first, to Orlando for Dwight Howard, Trevor Ariza, and Carlos Arroyo.
Now that is just crazy. I would love to have any of those players especially Arroyo but I don't think The Magic will even think of trading Howard. I would like to see Magette, Korolev, Rebraca and our first round pick for Hill and Arroyo or Turkoglu and Arroyo.

Last edited by adiedanny : 12-20-2006 at 10:05 PM.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: