Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Wow, Doug Smith blog was not everything pro-Toronto today

Some exerpts: http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Quote:
Yes, that was Julian Wright in uniform a night after refusing to go into a game when I thought a one-game suspension might have been in order.

But guess Bryan and Jay didnít take my advice. Again.

It would seem the incident is now done and forgotten and if thatís the worst thing that creeps into the public in a season thatís among the worst ever in franchise history, then I imagine theyíll be happy with that.

Quote:
What do we make of Alexis Ajinca?
To me, heís got very little that this team needs. Yes, heís long and yes, he can extend defences with his shooting range but, really, on this roster as itís presently constructed, I donít think thereís a place for him in the future.

The cost to get him was negligible, in fact they did quite well by getting a second-round pick and the money to pay his salary for the rest of this year, but it was an experiment that really didnít do anything good.

Quote:
More?

Iíve got some.

Letís see.

You give up 84 points in one half on Friday and 94 in an entire game on Saturday? Gotta love of the mercurial nature of a team of mainly young Ďuns.

Quote:
Nine games left.

Think we can all get through it?

This is without doubt the most trying part of the season, these last three weeks or so when itís hard for anyone to get truly excited about the games.

Oh, the players and coaches will be up for them and Ė for the most part Ė will play hard. Once the ballís up in the air the competitive juices take over but unlike, say, last year when the playoffs were a possibility right until the final couple of nights of the season, thereís no real buzz around anything.

Quote:
Now?

Well, weíll count Ďem down nine to zero, get on with the news that weíll have to chase when itís all over Ė Is Bryan coming back? What about Jay? Whatís the date of the daft lottery? Ė but other than that, itís more about meeting contest winners and trying to make stories at least mildly entertaining.

Too bad.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Wow, Doug Smith blog was not everything pro-Toronto today

Reading through these depressing posts that he's been having lately, i'm thinking it must suck to be a reporter of a shitty team at this time of year when you are FORCED to watch and report on all the games.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

This isn't the most trying times ofd the season.

We knew we were shitty all seasonin mid season knowing it was even half over was trying. Now with nine to go the light is appearing at the end of the tunnel.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
This isn't the most trying times ofd the season.

We knew we were shitty all seasonin mid season knowing it was even half over was trying. Now with nine to go the light is appearing at the end of the tunnel.

Agreed. After basically ignoring the team for a huge stretch of the middle of the season I'm just starting to get excited for them again now that the draft lottery approaches. Not excited enough to watch games, especially with the baseball season starting, but excited for the summer. I'm sure they'll let me down again but I'm like a battered spouse, I just keep coming back though I know it'll end in hurt.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: