Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 04-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #16
clipse026
Local High School Star

Default Re: Portal 2

I'm at Chapter 4 of the single player campaign having never played the 1st Portal and I love it so far. Too bad the PSN is still down or else I'd be playing some co-op with a friend who has it on PC. I can't wait till they fix that so I can try it out.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:47 PM   #17
AJ2k8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
I'm on the fence about getting this. I enjoyed the first one, but I got it with the Orange Box, so for the price it was a very good deal. Not sure if this is worth an $90 purchase or not. I'm not huge into multiplayer, so if the single mode is only 8-10 hours long i'd probably finish that in a week.

There's re playability in it and even on the 15-20 hours i'll spend passing it on single player and co-op i think it's not a bad purchase. However it's really not a bad idea to just hire it out for a week or a few nights at a time and go through the campaign. One major problem this Portal has is that there's no way to play back through the test chambers without playing the campaign which is a shame because that was what kept me coming back to the first one.

I've considered taking it back and getting the full refund within the week but i think i'll just keep it and aim to get all the achievements on a game for once and maybe convince a mate or two to play through the co-op with me. Hopefully while i do that they release some DLC/patch that will allow you to do each test chamber individually etc.
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #18
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
There's re playability in it and even on the 15-20 hours i'll spend passing it on single player and co-op i think it's not a bad purchase. However it's really not a bad idea to just hire it out for a week or a few nights at a time and go through the campaign. One major problem this Portal has is that there's no way to play back through the test chambers without playing the campaign which is a shame because that was what kept me coming back to the first one.

I've considered taking it back and getting the full refund within the week but i think i'll just keep it and aim to get all the achievements on a game for once and maybe convince a mate or two to play through the co-op with me. Hopefully while i do that they release some DLC/patch that will allow you to do each test chamber individually etc.

wow i didn't realize that. guess i can create several new save files as i go along to replay certain test chambers.

i just got into the aperture science area yesterday and i'm enjoying the voice work of jk simmons.

looking forward to the coop stuff and a possible speed run of the single player after i'm done.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #19
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

I was thinking about getting the first one. Anyone know if it is available on the PlayStation Network? I can't look for it because the shit's not working.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:24 AM   #20
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Oh my bad there was already a thread.

Well Morgan Webb lost her damn mind over this game. I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on this game. It's the game I've been anticipating the most since I heard of it.

Can't wait. Now the one thing I've heard about co-op is to not play with anyone you like cause you'll shoot eachother by the end. Is this true? It seems like it's be a maddening co-op experience.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #21
AJ2k8
Banned

Well, i've played through both campaigns now and i can say that the co-op campaign (in split screen) is probably the best co-op experience i've had since probably GRAW 2.. Heard there is DLC on the way, am looking forward to it.
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #22
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

Wow. This game is mind blowing.

My friend and I have been going through the co-op campaign (haven't even touched single player yet, btw it's different right?) and I can't remember the last time I had so much fun playing a video game. There are some puzzles where you start and you look around and experiment and still can't figure anything out, but then you get to one part where you finally get it, wow that is such a great feeling. I also love how you need to work together to solve it (although there was one I did without him helping, I think there are two ways to do it).

I think they did the perfect job of making them hard yet solvable. If they were easier it wouldn't be as fun.

Anyone know about the upcoming DLC? Is it new levels? New modes? I read that there will be level generators (where we can make our own and play in other ppls). Hopefully they keep expanding the game because once I beat this, I'm gna want more!!!!
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #23
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Free DLC coming on the 4th.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/valve-...mmer-dlc/3709/
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: