Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-12-2011, 01:06 AM   #46
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Lex Luger IS the best producer in music right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
The **** was that?

LOLWTF
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #47
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

they say his beats sound alike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSArx1BzZS4
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #48
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Actually, HE is the best producer in 'music'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMxwcAJSbQg
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #49
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

His beats do sound alike. No need to pretend its a hater thing to say. Ive heard him suggest the same thing. He didnt want it that way...mentioned that he has all kinds of beats but everyone he walks to wants Hard in the Paint. And he gives what people want.

90% of the time you hear a Lex beat it feelsl ike a modified Hard in the Paint or something like it.

Only time I was surprised was on his track with Wale which I liked.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #50
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
His beats do sound alike. No need to pretend its a hater thing to say. Ive heard him suggest the same thing. He didnt want it that way...mentioned that he has all kinds of beats but everyone he walks to wants Hard in the Paint. And he gives what people want.

90% of the time you hear a Lex beat it feelsl ike a modified Hard in the Paint or something like it.

Only time I was surprised was on his track with Wale which I liked.
He is not lying when he says he got all types of stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejqm4...eature=related

he produced that track.

NOW WHAT??

So its really not his fault, its the industry being generic.. not him.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #51
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not to defend Luger, but it's very hard for a producer or artist to get away from a certain type of sound without failing. Some producers do make a conscious effort to diversify their sound, but even then, they usually fall back into a comfort zone. Sadly, not to many artists/producers attempt to do this which is why they sound repetitive.

Something else worth adding.

Often times, producers have an array of tracks sitting there, but artists are usually attracted to a specific sound.

For example, Preemo had/s different styles but artists wanted that Preemo 'sound', so that's what they would choose.

Last edited by andgar923 : 06-12-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #52
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho

he produced that track.

NOW WHAT??

First of all....comment in there says its produced by Kanye, No Id, and Luger.

Second...I didnt say he cant make different beats. I said most of his beats sound the same.

For whatever reason...you hear "Lex luger produced" you are gonna hear a similar ass beat most of the time.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #53
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

And me>>>> lex
Old 06-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #54
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if you heard one Lex beat, you've heard them all.

that's not to say they're not bangers tho.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #55
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
First of all....comment in there says its produced by Kanye, No Id, and Luger.

Second...I didnt say he cant make different beats. I said most of his beats sound the same.

For whatever reason...you hear "Lex luger produced" you are gonna hear a similar ass beat most of the time.
Yo dont get all defensive on me Mr.Kblaze sitting all up on your pedestal. I was just bringing up that he has the ability to work with a wide range of sounds. It was more for the general theme of the thread rather than directed at you. And i apologize for that misunderstanding. Please dont make a youtube highlight video dissing me.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #56
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho

he produced that track.

NOW WHAT??

Who's fault is it?

He can say, "hey, I'm gonna produce some other artist instead of you Ricky Ross or whoever."

He can easily go find some other acts.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #57
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

Quote:
Who's fault is it?

He can say, "hey, I'm gonna produce some other artist instead of you Ricky Ross or whoever."

And not make money.. you gotta go where the work is.. I'm all about staying true to your art but niggas gotta get paid.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #58
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
He didnt want it that way...mentioned that he has all kinds of beats but everyone he walks to wants Hard in the Paint. And he gives what people want.

that was how it went for most of 2011 when every beat sounded like his bmf/hard in the paint shit, and that was when he was the best producer. if you're having that kind of impact on a genre where every beat was influenced by your sound you're the best. now that that trend has died a little bit he is diversifying a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14K47tDLkCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WfOAtLBoD0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIlwpAxr0-s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pObHpkDttRA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIFFlfN1ScU

he still does the hard in the paint type shit but can vary it up a lot. i think mikewillmadeit has surpassed him as best producer though.

Quote:
Who's fault is it?

he can and he has. but rick ross still has the money and still wants this kind of shit. and he's supposed to pass up that check? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXi0o2Cho2k

Last edited by Al Thornton : 06-12-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #59
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just Blaze's career is back on track and you're picking some bum ass producer?

F*ck all of that, over the past two years, my fave producers have been:

-No I.D.
-Phonix Beats
-JUSTICE League(gonna be on Nas' new album )
-Boi-1da
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #60
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
Just Blaze's career is back on track and you're picking some bum ass producer?

F*ck all of that, over the past two years, my fave producers have been:

-No I.D.
-Phonix Beats
-JUSTICE League(gonna be on Nas' new album )
-Boi-1da

You made an excellent point.

Just because a specific style or producer is hot it doesn't mean that they're the best. YOu just gave a good example of two producers that can out produce most of today's hot producers, but people wrote them off because they weren't in the mainstream.

As I mentioned in my first post, cats like Black Milk and Illmind are better than Lex. And both of them have evolved and changed their style and can hit you with a variety of different sounds, but since their style isn't being hoarded by the mainstream or more popular artists, they get overlooked. I can guarantee that if either of the two produce the next Ye or Hov album, everybody will be saying "ILLMIND IS DA GOAT!!!"
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: