Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #76
Akrazotile
#MAGA DAWG

Default Re: Lex Luger IS the best producer in music right now.

He had his "show up in the chopper and slam Yokozuna" moment, and then it was all downhill from there
Akrazotile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #77
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

DJ Mustard has taken his spot and he'll be gone in 2 years also.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:13 AM   #78
CeltsGarlic
Gesaffelstain Fan

DJ Mustard is booring except some rare gems.

Who do you love is one of them. I wonder who was scratching.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #79
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
DJ Mustard has taken his spot and he'll be gone in 2 years also.
DJ Mustard is cooking up some classics tho
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:15 AM   #80
CeltsGarlic
Gesaffelstain Fan

m m m mmetro boomin wants some more ni66a
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:42 AM   #81
BlazerRed
Teen heartthrob

Why are they called "producers" when they aren't producing anything at all? They just rip off older music..
BlazerRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #82
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

Lil Jon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #83
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
DJ Mustard is cooking up some classics tho
Classics ... like what?
Old 07-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #84
32jazz
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerRed
Why are they called "producers" when they aren't producing anything at all? They just rip off older music..

"Producers" have become overrated due to the ambiguity of the term "producer'. Beyonce 'produces' most of her own music. Most traditional "Producers were nothing more than project managers.

Traditional Producers(George Martin/Beatles or Quincy Jones ) aren't 'producing' or 'creating' music as you use the term. They are incapable of writing certain material.

Job of traditional music producer:

#1)collecting songs if the artist isn't a writer(Q Jones admits that's 50-60% of what he did)
schedule studio time , hire studio musicians , get a budget, finish record within certain timeframe, hire arrangers, hire & oversee edit of record Mixer, update executive Producer,etc..........

Songwriter /Producers(Jam/Lewis or Ried/Babyface,etc ...) & hip Hop producers are more directly involved in the actual creative processs.

Beyonce wisely dispenses with the Traditional Producer(Q Jones/ George Martin) & works directly with the songwriter & shares producing/writing credits. They can do all the things a traditional producer does without paying this middle man or he being given credit for the Artists work(George Martin "5th Beatle" foolishness).

Dismiss young "Producers" as much as you wish ,but they are far more involved with the actual creative process than Traditional ones.
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #85
ace23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerRed
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:04 PM   #86
32jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23

I agree its foolish to dismiss these younger Producers & people need to understand what a Producer does before they bash them.

Although I don't like a lot of this stuff these guys wear more hats & are more involved in the actual creative process than old 'traditional' Producers who were mainly project managers.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #87
Take Your Lumps
Banned

Well that was shitty.

808s and shitty string synths. Repeat 100x. Yay.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:11 PM   #88
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32jazz
I agree its foolish to dismiss these younger Producers & people need to understand what a Producer does before they bash them.

Although I don't like a lot of this stuff these guys wear more hats & are more involved in the actual creative process than old 'traditional' Producers who were mainly project managers.
Some are way more talented than others. The ones that know music theory at least.

If Pharrell or Timbaland told me something in the studio I'd listen, they know that they're talking about. They're more studio producers.

These new cats, Lex Luger, DJ Mustard. They are just "send in a beat to an artist, and let him/her lay down vocals with their recording engineer" type producers.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:36 PM   #89
32jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Some are way more talented than others. The ones that know music theory at least.

If Pharrell or Timbaland told me something in the studio I'd listen, they know that they're talking about. They're more studio producers.

These new cats, Lex Luger, DJ Mustard. They are just "send in a beat to an artist, and let him/her lay down vocals with their recording engineer" type producers.

I just came in to rant in general about the ever evolving term of 'music producer' & how some who are less involved creatively speaking get more respect & some are just dismissed outright.

Wynton Marsalis, Herbie Hancock & others know more 'music theory' than most musical acts today ,but I doubt if anyone of them can do anything creatively to help Beyonce, GaGa, Foo Fighters, or other acts ,etc... Outside of being good project managers like Quncy Jones or George Martin who seem to get an inordinate amount of credit for their artists works.

Lennon was pissed until the end that Martin was called the '5th Beatle' & angrily inquired about all of the songs Martin had written(none). I likewise get a near aneuryism when Q Diddy is given credit for M. Jackson songs when his demos are nearly finished works . I don't believe they brought anymore to their artist than Marsalis or Hancock can bring to a young artist/group today, but the credit given is......

Not a big enough hip hop fan to know who writes what ,but I accept the fact to create these 'beats' that drum machines, synthesizers ,etc....are a huge part of their process.(Prince used the drum machine & synthesizers extensively in his music to help create the so-called "Minneapolis Sound" so I usually withhold to much harsh criticism/judgement of these young cats ).
Old 07-19-2014, 05:08 PM   #90
ace23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32jazz
I just came in to rant in general about the ever evolving term of 'music producer' & how some who are less involved creatively speaking get more respect & some are just dismissed outright.

Wynton Marsalis, Herbie Hancock & others know more 'music theory' than most musical acts today ,but I doubt if anyone of them can do anything creatively to help Beyonce, GaGa, Foo Fighters, or other acts ,etc... Outside of being good project managers like Quncy Jones or George Martin who seem to get an inordinate amount of credit for their artists works.

Lennon was pissed until the end that Martin was called the '5th Beatle' & angrily inquired about all of the songs Martin had written(none). I likewise get a near aneuryism when Q Diddy is given credit for M. Jackson songs when his demos are nearly finished works . I don't believe they brought anymore to their artist than Marsalis or Hancock can bring to a young artist/group today, but the credit given is......

Not a big enough hip hop fan to know who writes what ,but I accept the fact to create these 'beats' that drum machines, synthesizers ,etc....are a huge part of their process.(Prince used the drum machine & synthesizers extensively in his music to help create the so-called "Minneapolis Sound" so I usually withhold to much harsh criticism/judgement of these young cats ).
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: