Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 03-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Can Bobcats wins 36 games ??

I did alittle analysis of the Bucks , Pacers and one of my fav teams as well the Bobcats.
Bucks are projected to win 33 games ... unless some miracle they win 2-3 more than I expect against + .500 teams.

The pacers are in serious trouble ,,, their schedule has 80%+ against teams of .500 or better.

So the question comes down to the destiny of the Bucks vs Bob's.

The Bobcats need to win at least 36 games , and they will wrap up the 8th seed.

What's your thoughts on this ???????????????

(* I say the schedule is favorable to making the 8th seed , unless they have a legit melt down)
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Can Bobcats wins 36 games ??

Can they? Of course.

Will they? Doubt it. Just this month, their schedule is brutal, and they'll need the Bucks and Pacers to have a bigger collapse than them in order to get the 8.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Can they? Of course.

Will they? Doubt it. Just this month, their schedule is brutal, and they'll need the Bucks and Pacers to have a bigger collapse than them in order to get the 8.
I looked at their schedule ,, they can win 8 games fairly easily ... I question the die hard Bob fan's if they think it is out of reach ??
Old 03-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
I looked at their schedule ,, they can win 8 games fairly easily ... I question the die hard Bob fan's if they think it is out of reach ??

Getting the 8th seed involves more than just our winning 8 games, as has been stated. It depends at least as much on what the teams closest to us do. That's also already been stated. We're all die hard fans. The fact that we have differing opinions doesn't change that.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:56 PM   #5
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Getting the 8th seed involves more than just our winning 8 games, as has been stated. It depends at least as much on what the teams closest to us do. That's also already been stated. We're all die hard fans. The fact that we have differing opinions doesn't change that.

Oh thanks for your insightfulness , let me know when you have an opinion of your team , and I'll get back to you

(I open a topic about making the playoffs with less than 20 games left on the schedule and no one has the balls to say the Bobcats could beat such and such a team , and if winning 8 games can be done / or not done , because of the roster.... you wonder if there are Bobcat fans that have actually watched the team enough to actually have an OPINION.

I'm out of here
Old 03-15-2011, 12:19 AM   #6
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
.... you wonder if there are Bobcat fans that have actually watched the team enough to actually have an OPINION. I'm out of here

You are passing judgment on quite a few people whom you don't even have a clue about. Most of our posters are very knowledgeable. They also have careers, kids and other things to do that don't always allow them the time to respond to every post.
You could ask with some civility for some discussion with the other posters. You could probably get some good discussion going. Alas, with your crappy attitude, there's probably not one of us who would waste our time with you. You jerk.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What did we do to piss off Jasper?

It's sad that 36 wins is all that's needed to get into the playoffs isn't it? That being said I agree with OWL and Timmeh. I think Jasper failed to understand your point that Indiana and Milwaukee own the tiebreakers against us so us just winning 8 games might not be enough.

That reminds me that I need to call my season tx rep. Like last year the cats are offering a pay-as-we-play option for playoff games which is good considering we'll probably only have 2 games here if we get in.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #8
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
What did we do to piss off Jasper?

It's sad that 36 wins is all that's needed to get into the playoffs isn't it? That being said I agree with OWL and Timmeh. I think Jasper failed to understand your point that Indiana and Milwaukee own the tiebreakers against us so us just winning 8 games might not be enough.

That reminds me that I need to call my season tx rep. Like last year the cats are offering a pay-as-we-play option for playoff games which is good considering we'll probably only have 2 games here if we get in.

Jasper wanted some intelligent, in-depth discussion, which most of you guys are totally capable of. Instead, he got me. That's what pissed him off.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #9
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Not that he'll see this, but here's my lengthy response.

Jasper,

If there's anyone on this board that's a die-hard fan, it's me. I've been here since before we had a Bobcats board. Being a die-hard fan does not equal being a homer and automatically assuming we'll make the playoffs at this point or having some blind, wild inhibition that we can win 8 more games. I know this team. I know their tendencies, and I take a REALISTIC look at the schedule to see what our chances are.

I looked, and I didn't like our chances. This is what I saw. 5 of our remaining 8 games this month are against teams with a winning record. Two more of those, Houston and Indiana, are teams we generally don't have much success against. In fact, we haven't beaten Indiana yet this year. That leaves Cleveland. Assuming we win at least one other game aside from Cleveland, we're looking at a 32 wins going into April.

In April, we have Orlando twice, Miami and Atlanta. We ain't winning those, even if they rest their best players. That leaves Cleveland, Washington, Detroit and New Jersey. Assuming we win 3 out of 4, that gives us 35 wins, which is one short of what we'd theoretically need to make the playoffs. BUT, on top of that, you have Indiana and Milwaukee in the mix as well, who can easily get the 8 seed over us.

If I end up being wrong, oh well, at least I don't end up getting disappointed at the end of the year. My expectations were met.

Last edited by Timmeh : 03-15-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #10
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

I'll lay it out :

Indy has the best chance to get the 8th seed.
But if you look at their schedule it is pure murder.
This team is not experienced enough to fight thru .500 teams home and away to get to the playoff's.
Would it help Indy ? (I'd say Bird would rather see another draft pick while Hibbert and their new upstart PF matures another year)
Bucks - forget it , they are pathetic.
-----------
So I created this thread to see if the Bobcat fans see what I see.
Win 36 games and your in :
Houston L L
OAK L L
Spurs L L
Indy W L - true disaster !
Boston L W - true upset !!
NY W W proved some doubters here
Bucks W W- without a center
Cavs W W Kwame B. monster game
Orlando L L
Wash W L - horrible
Cavs W L - horrible
Orlando L
Heat L
Detroit W
NJ W
Atlanta (playing for nothing (W/ L)

8 wins 36 - 46 (in the playoffs on Silas's back)
Helps MJ's bottom line.

Bucks , Indy & the Bob's don't deserve to be in the playoffs , but a spot is open and needs to be filled.

Lets see if they play up to my potential (I am a Bucks fan , but I also like the Bobs as well as MJ - so I cheer)

Last edited by Jasper : 04-05-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #11
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

You make a good point, but you've got them winning 7 of their last 9. On top of that, we aren't going to beat the Knicks.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #12
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
You make a good point, but you've got them winning 7 of their last 9. On top of that, we aren't going to beat the Knicks.

The Knicks have Billups, Melo, Landry Fields (OMG I'd give half of our team just to get him), Turiaf...We will beat the Knicks when Moammar Qaddafi becomes president of the United States.

The Nets beat the Celtics. Why can't we beat the Celtics?
Hendo has become a threat only recently and DJ White has been surprising. At times they can be like snakes slithering around when opposing players don't even notice. With T2 and Jack healthy and Jack muzzled, should we automatically assume that we'll lose to the teams we normally lose to?

I think since it's the playoffs that we're playing for that our guys will have a one-track mind. One thing I've realized over the years is that the Cats often disappoint when they shouldn't but they also win when they shouldn't. Makes for several months worth of indigestion.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #13
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Call me a terrible fan if you guys want, but I wouldnt exactly be even thrilled if we make the 8th seed this year. Last year I was stoked, and then of course we got hammered. I wouldnt mind being in the lottery and hoping for lady luck to finally help us out. Being stuck in mediocrity and getting crushed as an 8 seed year in and year out isnt fun.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #14
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
Call me a terrible fan if you guys want, but I wouldnt exactly be even thrilled if we make the 8th seed this year. Last year I was stoked, and then of course we got hammered. I wouldnt mind being in the lottery and hoping for lady luck to finally help us out. Being stuck in mediocrity and getting crushed as an 8 seed year in and year out isnt fun.

Probably lots of fans who agree with you. Do you have confidence that our FO would finally know how to use the lottery pick to our advantage?
Old 03-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #15
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

ol eh kinda iffy on that one. People blasted Jordan/Brown for picking Augustin over Lopez, but Lopez as a 7 foor center cant rebound, at all. Hes like the Boris Diaw of the center position, very very soft.

Wish we could get a high enough draft spot to where its an obvious choice, but doubt that would happen.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: