Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 04-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
Sheed
Serious playground baller

Default Watch the Wizards emerge as a playoff contender

1: Wall
2: Crawford
3: Young
4: Blatche
5: Mcgee

Bench: Evans, Lewis, Yi, Howard

All we do is draft a good big man and watch us make the playoffs next season. Believe.

Oh, and fire Flip Saunders. And sign Jerry Sloan lolololololol
Sheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
scott0326
National High School Star

Default Re: Watch the Wizards emerge as a playoff contender

If Wall, Young, Crawford and McGee keep developing its definitely possible, I don't think Yi and Howard and will be back next year though, I hope we do something in free agency.
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #3
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

it can happen for sure. really depends on building more to what we have
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

You'll need more than that. Terrible defensive team right there and Crawford/Young are both going to end up as 6th man types at best IMO. They put up the stats on a crappy team, but I don't see them being starters on a winner. You need a true defensive C and a star SF or SG.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #5
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
You'll need more than that. Terrible defensive team right there and Crawford/Young are both going to end up as 6th man types at best IMO. They put up the stats on a crappy team, but I don't see them being starters on a winner. You need a true defensive C and a star SF or SG.
Harrison Barnes could fit that role hopefully and I like what I see out of Javale
Old 04-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #6
scott0326
National High School Star

Yeah if Barnes enters Id love him, he is what this team needs, I think we are good at pretty much every other position for the future, SF is the main question mark. If all of these guys like Wall, Crawford, Young, McGee and Blatche can live up to their potential this team could be really good in the next few years, especially if we get Barnes as well.

I also think Wizards have some cap space right? maybe we could sign some mid level free agents, although I'm not sure how much cap space we have because I know Lewis takes up a ton.
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:53 AM   #7
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Harrison Barnes could fit that role hopefully and I like what I see out of Javale

Someone on ESPN said it best. Javale is already teh best shot blocker in the league probably, but he has no BB IQ. I think he's a guy coming off a good team's bench. Blatche on the other hand, can be special if he gets his head on straight. Wall needs to stay on his case full time.

If they could add Nene or Chandler and a SF like Barnes or Derrick Williams, they'd be pretty sick.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:53 PM   #8
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Someone on ESPN said it best. Javale is already teh best shot blocker in the league probably, but he has no BB IQ. I think he's a guy coming off a good team's bench. Blatche on the other hand, can be special if he gets his head on straight. Wall needs to stay on his case full time.

If they could add Nene or Chandler and a SF like Barnes or Derrick Williams, they'd be pretty sick.
i dont know to much about prospects but how would a guy like kanter be on our team. barnes is still my fav but im not sure if hes declaring this year
Old 04-15-2011, 11:54 PM   #9
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott0326
Yeah if Barnes enters Id love him, he is what this team needs, I think we are good at pretty much every other position for the future, SF is the main question mark. If all of these guys like Wall, Crawford, Young, McGee and Blatche can live up to their potential this team could be really good in the next few years, especially if we get Barnes as well.

I also think Wizards have some cap space right? maybe we could sign some mid level free agents, although I'm not sure how much cap space we have because I know Lewis takes up a ton.
they needa somehow acquire another great player to join with wall. my dream would be getting DMC since him and wall are already good together.

what if griffin came here when he becomes a free agent ? except thats not happening
Old 04-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #10
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Quote:
i dont know to much about prospects but how would a guy like kanter be on our team. barnes is still my fav but im not sure if hes declaring this year

Kanter would be perfect I think. He's big,strong and extremely skilled with a high BB IQ. Not an elite athlete and doesn't have elite length,but that probably just makes him a nice compliment to Mcgee at the C spot. Those 2 could lock it down.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #11
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Quote:
they needa somehow acquire another great player to join with wall. my dream would be getting DMC since him and wall are already good together.

what if griffin came here when he becomes a free agent ? except thats not happening

You can do better than DMC. It'll take a little time though as the assets you have aren't great. Try to land a good draft pick and hope you can pull some stuff off by taking on salary OKC style.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #12
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Kanter would be perfect I think. He's big,strong and extremely skilled with a high BB IQ. Not an elite athlete and doesn't have elite length,but that probably just makes him a nice compliment to Mcgee at the C spot. Those 2 could lock it down.
This means we needa pray for a top 3 pick cuz I think itll look like this

Williams
Barnes
Kanter

this is in no specific order
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: