Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #31
Himan12
On the clouds

Default Re: The *OFFICIAL* Europe vs. Canada thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
If you don't close this thread, I will use it.

DJMason insulted European basketball.
The pathetic clown whose name I won't write, and who is not even a Raptors fan, but he sometimes posts here because this is the only place where he can insult people whenever he wants without being banned or being sent to hospital, and that produces him sexual pleasure ... well, he insulted me again.

I don't want disturb the forum, so I am using this thread. I think this is its purpose, so I can't see the problem.

So you want to insult the majority of people here by calling us "stupid white Americans", then you whine about getting called out on it?

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

P.S (If you directed the second half of your post to me) I have gone out of my way to ignore your posts UNTIL you attacked the board.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #32
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himan12
P.S (If you directed the second half of your post to me) I have gone out of my way to ignore your posts UNTIL you attacked the board.
Nope, not you
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #33
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

FCardelle could hardly be doing a worse job of presenting his case and his comments about the board are pathetic. I would, though, really like to see some top European coaches getting a chance in the NBA. As long as they're shut out we won't know whether there really is any truth to the idea that the tactics there are better. I wouldn't mind the Raptors appointing the first one either.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #34
bokes15
Playoffs!

I think that FC presents his arguments in such a way that people are so offended/insulted by the things he says, that the focal point isn't on the actual content anymore. Like this thing about D'antoni for an example. Nobody said they were against European coaches on a grand scale, just Mike D'antoni specifically because of his resume.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:17 AM   #35
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

I think that, at this point, people are so on the defensive when I post that they get offended even if they hadn't to. But I can live with that...
Old 04-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #36
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
I think that, at this point, people are so on the defensive when I post that they get offended even if they hadn't to. But I can live with that...

You don't see anything offensive about this post?

Quote:
These stupid white American men are not only absolutely ignorant about European basketball, they are happy to show off their ignorance.

It is sad that an American league has got the best basketball players, because that is the only in which NBA is better than European Basketball.
We have to stand those absurd rules that make the NBA half sport half show. Because the nba is more about show than about basketball. If you want to watch true basketball you have to look at European basketball... if it is not tactically too difficult to understand to you, stupid white American men.

And we have to stand David Stern who forbade freedom of speech to players and coaches. And you think that America is the land of freedom, you stupid white american men. The players can't even choose where to play...

And please, stop talking about "Euroleague". That is just a cup, not even a league, you ignorant.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #37
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Yes, that post is offensive, of course.
But if I say that Nash has never won a title, that's not offensive. I wasn't even thinking that he is Canadian.

I am not complaining about people being defensive, I guess I deserve that for talking about social issues in a basketball forum.

Last edited by FCardelle : 04-12-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #38
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Yes, that post is offensive, of course.
But if I say that Nash has never won a title, that's not offensive. I wasn't even thinking that he is Canadian.

I am not complaining about people being defensive, I guess I deserve that for talking about social issues in a basketball forum.
That's actually exactly what the problem is. The social issues you talk about have nothing to do with basketball. When we criticize a player, it's because of what he's doing or not doing for our team, nothing else. But you take it to that next level where it doesn't need to go. It's not that deep.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #39
Doko
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
^^ That's the most annoying part of it all. That you guys continue to complain that it's about who shares your views vs. who doesn't share your views. There are established posters here like Toni, Q, Rapsfan, RT, etc... who can tell you that in the time i've been here (speaking for me personally, not anyone else) we've had many disagreements over the years on a variety of topics. But the reason it never escalated to this point is because this is how the disagreement/argument would go.

1. I state my opinion, and add some facts to back it up.
2. They state their counter opinion and use facts to back it up.
3. Either we come to an eventual agreement or we agree to disagree and it ends there.

Now what happens is.
1. A person states there opinions and uses facts to back them up.
2. 2nd person doesn't like or agree with the opinion so calls first person ignorant and racist.
3. Person 1 is offended by this and continues the name calling.
4. The board goes to shit.

If you don't like an opinion that has been given on the board, state your counter opinion (without insults and accusations) and leave it at that. I know you wish that the majority of people on this board would share your opinions, but let's be real, they don't. And we're not at fault for that, so don't hold the board hostage for that reason, it's not fair to the rest of us.

I don't see in which way this answers my question whatsoever, but whatever.
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #40
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko
If you have names to call out, go ahead and do so. I said what I had to say already.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:40 PM   #41
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko
I think the translation of this is that Doko and FC want people to call out bada bing. It's pretty obvious.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #42
bada bing
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
I think the translation of this is that Doko and FC want people to call out bada bing. It's pretty obvious.

you say that as if i or anyone cares. Fact of the matter is that FC and Doko are the biggest whiny ******* on this forum. They are worse than an oversensitive girlfriend. They are so screwed up that they make you look like a good poster. I have actually gained respect for an annoying loser like you after interacting with those two clowns.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #43
Doko
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
If you have names to call out, go ahead and do so. I said what I had to say already.

I don't have any name to call out, you're the mod, it's your job to decide when someone needs to be disciplined.
You are really active when it comes to complaints about pro-Bargnani posts, I just wish you were this active also when it comes to insults to the players and/or to the posters.

@bada bing: one thing that sets me apart from you is that I don't call people names and that I always try to be respectful when I post. that's a precondition for every civilized discussion, something that you clearly lack.
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #44
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
you say that as if i or anyone cares. Fact of the matter is that FC and Doko are the biggest whiny ******* on this forum. They are worse than an oversensitive girlfriend. They are so screwed up that they make you look like a good poster. I have actually gained respect for an annoying loser like you after interacting with those two clowns.
That 8 years old kid whose conversation reduces to calling names thinks that can interact with me. He couldn't be more pathetic.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #45
bada bing
College star

Quote:
That 8 years old kid whose conversation reduces to calling names thinks that can interact with me. He couldn't be more pathetic.

but u just did by that post. Whats really more pathetic is you getting all hormonal when someone calls you or your boytoy out.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: