Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #46
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The *OFFICIAL* Europe vs. Canada thread

I don't give a flying f*ck if the post is pro-Bargnani or anti-Bargnani. Did you ever stop to think there's a reason why myself and Chambs don't get on beastnani anymore even though he's wildly pro-bargnani?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #47
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko
I don't have any name to call out, you're the mod, it's your job to decide when someone needs to be disciplined.
You are really active when it comes to complaints about pro-Bargnani posts, I just wish you were this active also when it comes to insults to the players and/or to the posters.

@bada bing: one thing that sets me apart from you is that I don't call people names and that I always try to be respectful when I post. that's a precondition for every civilized discussion, something that you clearly lack.

honestly, if you are so bothered by everything on this forum you are free to leave. I mean no one cares that you sit there and cry and whine about everything. If you really do not like the mods the notable and old posters on this site then just go away. I am sure no one besides FC and lilbutthole will care if you leave.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:52 PM   #48
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I don't give a flying f*ck if the post is pro-Bargnani or anti-Bargnani. Did you ever stop to think there's a reason why myself and Chambs don't get on beastnani anymore even though he's wildly pro-bargnani?

Ok, I'll set it straight since you pretend not to understand what I'm saying. You're a mod on this board and you're allowing people to openly insult players and posters. If you think that's the right way to handle the job, good for you.
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #49
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Ok, I'll set it straight since you pretend not to understand what I'm saying. You're a mod on this board and you're allowing people to openly insult players and posters. If you think that's the right way to handle the job, good for you.
The title is mod, not mom. We could go around like nazi's deleting every post in sight (which would be a lot of posts these days), but there are two problems with that. The first being that people would then complain that they aren't allowed to speak freely (as beastnani did early on, i'm sure chambs can attest to that). And the 2nd being that we are all grown adults here (at least I think we are). You guys can't depend on the mods to just clean up everything that you consider mean or insulting or wrong. If you have a problem with a poster don't just say "whatever" or say "why haven't the mods cleaned it up." Address that poster, tell them that you didn't like how they handled that situation, and squash it. I mean really, is that something you have to be told?
Old 04-15-2011, 11:32 PM   #50
bluerap
Good High School Starter

bluerap has decent reputation

he has a point.

bing is getting out of hand.

I had my post deleted when I called lilbeastnani lilbiatch!

And that was really funny
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:36 AM   #51
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Just stepping in for a second here..

Specifically to you, Doko:

As I've said a few times before, bokes, funk and I are posters just like you. You can't expect us to just sit on the fence and not have a side. We've just been given extra responsibility to keep things "clean".

Insulting players? It can be harsh, and it can be unwarranted, but every fan has a certain amount of players they insult, just as they have a certain amount of players they will always stick up for.

Every poster on this board is guilty of that, whether it be lilbeastnani with Bargnani, FC with Calderon, Q with Rasho, or myself (which doesn't really get discussed on this board) with Paul Pierce. We have favorite players and we have players we absolutely don't care for.

Insulting posters? That's a different story, and I've sent a few PM's out lately to some posters asking them to PM a mod or hit the "report" button when something bothers you. I've also invited them to send me a PM if they had any suggestions as to how to improve this forum as a whole. I didn't send you one, but feel free to message me anytime.

And to everyone:

I love you all. Every one of you. I love coming to this board. I love learning from all of you, and I love hating some of you. It's what makes this place unique. Sometimes the best way to learn is to argue. I love that we are all so passionate, because no matter how many differences we all have, we're all striving towards the same thing; having the best possible Raptors team we can have.

I'm not going to censor arguments, but I'm hoping for everyone to realize how stupid personal insults are, especially in a place like this where we don't know each other, and just talk basketball. Please.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:15 AM   #52
bokes15
Playoffs!

^^ Thanks. You always have a way of wording things in a lot better way. I know i've pretty much said the same thing (minus the i love you all part) many times but not quite that nicely. I guess speficially in the case of Doko, i'm just rather annoyed and fed up with a poster complaining about being insulted by others when the same guy called me ignorant for disagreeing with his opinions on Bargnani. And I didn't delete that post either.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #53
bokes15
Playoffs!

But also, to elaborate on Chambs post, and to respond more directly to Doko's last post, I agree with Chambs. We may have the "mod" in our title, but at the end of the day we are just posters with opinions just like the rest of you. Now, I would be able to see where your point was coming from if we selectively deleted content based on who we liked or who's opinion we liked. But I think to basically say "you're a mod, so you're just supposed to moderate. you're not allowed to have an opinion" is a little off. We all post, we all have opinions, and I think our "job" is pretty much just to keep things basketball related and make sure they don't get too out of hand. Having different opinions, and having basketball debates are what a forum is all about. The reason i've got on you and FC specifically is because people give basketball arguments and the 2 of you start going off about what people think about Europe, even though that has nothing to do with what has been said. And that really instigates a lot of the arguments and comments that you receive in return. Are those comments right? No. But I think stopping the problem at the source, would keep it from snowballing into something it doesn't need to be.

As for bada bing, he has actually messaged me more than once about how frustrating the Europe/Bargnani debates are getting him and i've told him to tone it down. And all I can keep saying is that we're trying our best to get people to cut the crap. But yes bada bing, since Doko can't say this to you himself, try not to give personal insults and in return, Doko and FC will chill out with the Europe/racism/igorance/stupid white american comments and keep their posts purely basketball related.

Last edited by bokes15 : 04-16-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #54
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far

Love is in the air...
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #55
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

I dont think any of the hate fc, dOko and lilbitch get is unwarranted. Their comments have been so ridiculous and out of line that they deserce everything that has been thrown their way. There r many posters who have different views and i have debated them all over this entire site. When someone talks out of their ass, turds are thrown at them.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #56
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
I dont think any of the hate fc, dOko and lilbitch get is unwarranted. Their comments have been so ridiculous and out of line that they deserce everything that has been thrown their way. There r many posters who have different views and i have debated them all over this entire site. When someone talks out of their ass, turds are thrown at them.
Why do you insist on egging them on? You're only making it worse.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #57
bada bing
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Why do you insist on egging them on? You're only making it worse.

u r right. ill stop.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: