Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-07-2011, 01:06 AM   #1
Geezer
Kids at the park dunk on me

Geezer has not been impressing people
Cool Thaddeus Young deserves more Playing Time

he gets my vote for the most underrated and underutilised player in the league, can't fault Collins for not playing him more as their team is pretty stacked with wings

Would benefit hugely from a trade imo
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:08 AM   #2
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Thaddeus Young deserves more Playing Time

i think he is perfect where he is. he is pretty much a lamar odom type where you use him off the bench to exploit matchups. He's not a PF. He's also not a SF. in the right role, he will flourish.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:11 AM   #3
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

TaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation here

I agree, but I believe it is not the only one not getting the minutes he deserves in Philly, Marreese Speights also deserves to play more than he plays. I'm not sure that it's the player most underutilised, there are some others that are in the same situation.
TaLvsCuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:14 AM   #4
Geezer
Kids at the park dunk on me

Geezer has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
i think he is perfect where he is. he is pretty much a lamar odom type where you use him off the bench to exploit matchups. He's not a PF. He's also not a SF. in the right role, he will flourish.

he doesn't quite get Odom-type minutes though, he would be insanely productive if he did imo

He does need to improve on D however
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The role Thad Young is in? Its fine. He plays behind Brand/Iggy. Thad can come in and pick which matchup he can exploit and take advangtage off. Instance offense off the bench (best scoring bench in the NBA).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLvsCuaL
I agree, but I believe it is not the only one not getting the minutes he deserves in Philly, Marreese Speights also deserves to play more than he plays. I'm not sure that it's the player most underutilised, there are some others that are in the same situation.

Marreese Speights is a bad defensive player. Be it in the post, help, altering shots when people attack the rim.

Marreese Speights doesnt play with his back to the basket. Most of his scoring come from him facing up and shooter a jumper. He cant create his own offense.

Marreese Speights flops. A big who not only doesnt play with his back to the basket but also flops? All world fail.

Marreese Speights isnt much of a rebounder. Given the things I've listed up to now? You think he would embrace just 1 area of basketball and excel. Through hustle, dedication, passion. You see Humphries in NJN beasting on the glass. Say what you want. Contract year, bad team etc etc. But he's out there doing something. Not Speights. He's no factor at either end on the glass.

So how does he deserves more minutes? What other players are in similar situations on the Sixers? Name them and I'll break it down like I did with Speights.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #6
Christofire
Banned

Christofire has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer
he gets my vote for the most underrated and underutilised player in the league, can't fault Collins for not playing him more as their team is pretty stacked with wings

Would benefit hugely from a trade imo
i agree...he has game....he very much under used in philly
Christofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Marreese Speights is a bad defensive player. Be it in the post, help, altering shots when people attack the rim.

Marreese Speights doesnt play with his back to the basket. Most of his scoring come from him facing up and shooter a jumper. He cant create his own offense.

Marreese Speights flops. A big who not only doesnt play with his back to the basket but also flops? All world fail.

Marreese Speights isnt much of a rebounder. Given the things I've listed up to now? You think he would embrace just 1 area of basketball and excel. Through hustle, dedication, passion. You see Humphries in NJN beasting on the glass. Say what you want. Contract year, bad team etc etc. But he's out there doing something. Not Speights. He's no factor at either end on the glass.

So how does he deserves more minutes? What other players are in similar situations on the Sixers? Name them and I'll break it down like I did with Speights.
Did you watch the game last night when Hawes got the technical? The camera cut to Collins looking down his bench directly at Speights and talking and it took a full 3 secs for Speights to realize he was being told to sub in without it being April fools.

Gave that look like "lol Coach you play too much.......oh you're serious okay yeah I'll check in".
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #8
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

If you cut Thad's right arm off it wouldn't affect his game at all.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #9
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

TaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
The role Thad Young is in? Its fine. He plays behind Brand/Iggy. Thad can come in and pick which matchup he can exploit and take advangtage off. Instance offense off the bench (best scoring bench in the NBA).

I did not mean the Sixers when I said that there are other players in the same situation, I said in general. About Philly, I only spoke of Marreese, because I sincerely believe he has talent to play more minutes, but I do not deny it has its shortcomings. Yet I congratulate you for the post, I really liked the analysis.
TaLvsCuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Did you watch the game last night when Hawes got the technical? The camera cut to Collins looking down his bench directly at Speights and talking and it took a full 3 secs for Speights to realize he was being told to sub in without it being April fools.

Gave that look like "lol Coach you play too much.......oh you're serious okay yeah I'll check in".

Wouldnt shock me if a story was written where we found out he was a retard.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #11
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

You think Thad Young could play SF for the Clips, GOBB?
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
You think Thad Young could play SF for the Clips, GOBB?

Thad doesnt spread the floor which I think is what the Clippers need at SF. He could play SF for the Clippers but would it be the fit your team is looking for? I dont know, I'd say it isnt.

I like my SFs to do 1 of two things if they cant do both. 1. Perimeter threat, ability to shoot and spread the floor 2. Perimeter defender. That does neither well. So I dont want that in a starting SF. Would rather Thad as a 6th man spelling the PF/SF positions.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #13
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't wanna hate or anything.. But isn't this the kind of thing you'd want to discuss in the Sixers part of this board.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #14
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Hi ish....meet my dobbleganger if you squint your eyes he even looks like thad roflThad can finish around the basket better.Trav can shoot the 3 better other then that very similar players.

Last edited by Im so nba'd out : 04-07-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Thad and Travis are not similar. Unless you thinks all black people look alike.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: