Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #31
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N
 
Goliath Uterus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,416
Goliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How overrated is Kyrie Irving???

You're crazy, Kyrie is a future all star.
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #32
TAZORAC
High School JV MVP
 
TAZORAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 685
TAZORAC has not been impressing people
Default Re: How overrated is Kyrie Irving???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warners0
Kyrie Irving is a monster. The Cavs couldn't ask for a better player to build around for next year.

Irving is far from a monster, in fact I think Brandon Knight freashman from Kentucky is a better prospect. Knight is quicker and and is a better ball handler, also he's taller.

Irving plays like a 14 year NBA veteran with bad knees.
TAZORAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #33
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N
 
Goliath Uterus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,416
Goliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How overrated is Kyrie Irving???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZORAC
Irving is far from a monster, in fact I think Brandon Knight freashman from Kentucky is a better prospect. Knight is quicker and and is a better ball handler, also he's taller.

Irving plays like a 14 year NBA veteran with bad knees.

You must be thinking of a different Kyrie Irving
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #34
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned
 
Eat Like A Bosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Inside LeBron's head
Posts: 5,246
Eat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How overrated is Kyrie Irving???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauber
What is really tragic is that Andrew Bynum, a player who can barely dunk, and has about a 5ft. range, is one of the better centers in the NBA today.

The center position in the NBA has become a joke.
Center is the last of a dying breed.
Bynum is considered a good center simply because he's big. You don't need much skills, you just have to be big.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:12 AM   #35
WhormaPah
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1
WhormaPah has an OK reputation so far
Default games,tomfoolery,unexplored

discontinuation recognizable the compensation at the all best-seller Casino-Spiele , with unfriendly casino bonus and around online casino bonus. you can also combine poker rooms at casino online
online casino spiele and casino online at the most successfully German casinos an design to DE players.
WhormaPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:29 AM   #36
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 430
01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How overrated is Kyrie Irving???

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubu05
Worse than the 2000 draft? Doubt it. One of Kemba/Irving/Derrick Williams/Perry/Knight will be a great franchise player.

What about the Jimmer? I know most people are saying he won't be a solid NBA player but he has exceeded expectations thus far
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #37
JMT
NBA lottery pick
 
JMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,688
JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How overrated is Kyrie Irving???

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaysUpBricks
It'll be hard to beat 2000. But players like Kyrie and Derrick Williams are being overrated because of the lack of star players. Last years draft was the race for Wall, the year before that was for Griffin.

I would agree on all but Williams. He's a star.

It's an interesting phenomenon, similar to the NFL. To win you need a great QB, and teams are so desperate that clowns like Newton, Locker, Gabbert, etc...guys that wouldn't even be first round picks in a decent QB draft class...jump to the head of the class.

The NBA is going through the same thing with PG, so guys like Irving are bumped to the front despite showing next to nothing in college. Not saying he can't play, but how the hell can you tell from a dozen games against Oct/Nov competition?

Williams will be a big time scorer in the NBA. He's got a really good first step, decent handle, goes to the hole with either hand, and shot 60%...that's right, 60%...from the 3 pt line. Nice midrange jumper as well. Long enough to guard the 4, quick enough for the 3. IMO, he's being underrated because:

(1) internet "experts"...both pro and amateur...don't want to admit that they missed so badly on the kid. Guys whose job it is to know college hoops gave him little or no mention before the tournament, though it was pretty obvious he was the best player every time he stepped on the floor.

(2) there's so much talk about this being a weak draft that it automatically devalues a no-name player. In reality, this is going to be like most drafts at the top. No more than a couple guys who look like sure pros. It's in the depth that it's really bad.

(3) he tore up the PAC-10, not the Big East, and didn't go to Duke. The Big East has become like the SEC in football. Six turds automatically get bowl invites and massive tv exposure because they play in the same conference as a couple top notch teams.

Last edited by JMT : 05-04-2011 at 02:00 PM.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #38
Nastradamus
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,919
Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How overrated is Kyrie Irving???

Teams will reach but guys like Kyrie or Gabbert/Newton will generally receive a grade from most NFL teams and go around where they are graded. Those QBs, though maybe not everyone's favorites, went top 10 because their teams felt they can be franchise QBs. If they were 2nd round guys lifted by the class being poor at the position, they still would not go top 10 with all the money that goes to those picks. You have to get a franchise caliber player if you take a guy that high, being wrong costs your HC,GM and others their jobs. You don't just take the best QB on the board as high as possible. Newton had one of the most dominant seasons in college history and Locker has been a guy with #1 pick potential for 2-3 years now. Gabbert has some issues, but he has the arm,accuracy,size and pedigreee to be a franchise QB.

I say this here because this is also the case with Kyrie and D.Williams. There are guys that will go too high in this draft thanks to it being thin, but those 2 are considered elite talents in any draft.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,214
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How overrated is Kyrie Irving???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
N*gga, I'm a prophet with this sh*t. Go ask about me. I'm never wrong.

Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, John Wall. Do I need to dive into the prospects or is that enough? Your entire angle is to take the hyped up #1 pick in the draft and bash them. No real basis for your argument whatsoever besides "Everyone is high on this kid. Therefore I feel like being the guy on the other side of the fence.". You have absolutely nothing to go on here.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #40
Sterlingsucks
French Toast Mafia
 
Sterlingsucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: LA Clippers fan since 88', CA.
Posts: 273
Sterlingsucks has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How overrated is Kyrie Irving???

I would not say that Kyrie Irving is overrated. I would say that people need to quit with the CP3 comparisions. I think Kyrie Irving is just the #1 player in a decent at best NBA Draft...BUT this draft is nothing like the 2000 NBA Draft at all ! I think he will be a very good PG in the NBA. somewhere between Brandon Jennings and Stephen Curry type numbers.
Sterlingsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:18 AM   #41
Nastradamus
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,919
Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How overrated is Kyrie Irving???

I'm not ready to stop with them. I think Kyrie has CP3 potential. He has a similar combination of vision,ability to get into the lane,playmaking skills and shooting ability to be a similarly great player. He might not reach the potential, but that's another story.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:33 AM   #42
keepinitreal
Great young streetballer
 
keepinitreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 566
keepinitreal has decent reputationkeepinitreal has decent reputation
Default Re: How overrated is Kyrie Irving???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
Off the top of my head, the Cavs and Raps fanbases have convinced themselves that this guy is Jesus in a point guard jersey. They actually want to tank and trade established NBA players just for the best opportunity to draft this dude.

Don't ask me how, but its a fact.

Now moving on... when's the last time a prospect received so much hype for basically doing nothing?? Duke won the championship with the same team he re-joined and basically stymied ball movement in the loss against Arizona.

The guy is a 6'1 attacking, scoring guard that many have convinced themsleves is the best point guard prospect since Jason Kidd.

What the hell are people smoking, man???

Who is better than him right now? Most people know this is a weak draft.
keepinitreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:29 PM   #43
PoppaHops
I airball my layups
 
PoppaHops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 70
PoppaHops is popular on this boardPoppaHops is popular on this boardPoppaHops is popular on this boardPoppaHops is popular on this board
Default Re: How overrated is Kyrie Irving???

I don't think he is THAT overrated. This draft just isn't quite as strong as previous years. Nothing to be excited about IMO.

I recently saw a workout clip

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/dr...nba/index.html

Doesn't seem like hes a good shooter, but athletic. I know it's one vid, but they posted it so probably were like, "yea, it doesn't get much better." John Wall displayed way better shooting abilities and hes not even considered a good shooter.
PoppaHops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:22 AM   #44
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,306
Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How overrated is Kyrie Irving???

I really like Irving, but I don't think he grades out in the absolute apex of current NBA PGs. He's not in the Paul/Deron/Rose tier, maybe Rondo in there too, although he's so weird he's hard to place.

The problem is Irving plays a similar game to Paul, so the comparisons are gonna come from there, and in this draft, he does get bumped up some. But based on what's here, I'd have no objections to someone taking him one.

However, because of how this draft fell, with Cleveland landing both 1 and 4, I'd be inclined to pass on Paul up top and take Derrick Williams. There's less similar talent to Williams floating around in this draft. I'm not positive he's a franchise player, mainly because I don't completely trust his handle, but between his body and his jumpshot, he'll play, and be productive for a long time. I'd prefer to roll the dice with Williams, and then, maybe it'd be considered a bit of a reach, but take Brandon Knight at 4.

Basically, niether Irving nor Williams will be there at 4, and I think Knight is closer as a prospect to Irving at PG than anything that'll be available at Williams' SF position.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #45
Nastradamus
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,919
Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How overrated is Kyrie Irving???

I'd do the same but with Kemba in place of Knight. Scott's offense will make Kemba a star and Williams is a great talent who will probably start at the 3 and also be the stretch 4 behind Hickson. At least after next year when Jamison is gone. Trade Baron Davis for Rip Hamilton and sign a backup C. A Knight/Sessions combo wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either if they don't like Kemba
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy