Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board
Default If David Stern were to rig the draft this year...

Which lottery bound team would he do it for? The playoffs are pretty much set, and these are the lottery teams (in order from worst record to best):

Minnesota
Cleveland
Toronto
Washington
Sacremento
Utah (through New Jersey)
Detroit
Cleveland (through LA Clippers)
Charlotte
Milwaukee
Golden State
Utah
Phoenix
Houston

Of those teams, I only see a reason (while some a VERY slight) to rig it for these teams:

Cleveland (destroyed by LeBron, would create a good rivalry if they got good again with some young stars and matched up with Bron Bron).

Washington (John Wall could be another star in your league if he gets some more solid help).

Sacremento (this is my most likely candidate. Could be relocating to Aneheim/LA and it would be nice if they made news after the move by being competitive).

Charlotte (Just to give MJ a top pick and help him look good by giving him a POTENTIALLY good player, Kwame Brown laughs at this statement).

Phoenix (has been a consistantly good franchise and could be looking for their next PG in their storied history of floor generals if Irving is there).
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: If David Stern were to rig the draft this year...

maybe he wants to help utah or detroit
but he won't rig this draft because it sucks
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I shake my head at people buying all this 'rigged dunkcontest/finals/drafts'.. Teams just catch some good or bad luck every once in a while, that's all there is to it.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnbizzle

I shake my head at people buying all this 'rigged dunkcontest/finals/drafts'.. Teams just catch some good or bad luck every once in a while, that's all there is to it.

I don't buy into it very often. I do think that the draft when the Knicks got Ewing was rigged. There is a video that proves it on YouTube. I don't think there have been a rigged one since they went to the new system where Stern isn't involved, but I was just saying. It was just a discussion thing.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Irving to Charlotte, rejuvenate the franchise a bit,hook up his buddy MJ?
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Alright IF he were to do it, Sactown would make sense.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Someone needs to do a comparison of draft position to the size of the markets/attendance/whatever of teams.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Someone needs to do a comparison of draft position to the size of the markets/attendance/whatever of teams.

Well you look like you have enough free time to make your text bigger, why don't you do it?
Old 04-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #9
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

thread deleted in 5...4...3...

Sactown is too late for them, they are already in the process of moving or trying to move. He would only try to help them if they hadn't already negotiated with Anaheim.

My vote goes to Charlotte, Irving from Duke to Charlotte is logical for the fan base to rally around.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
jbryan1984
Good college starter

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool

If any was rigged it was Ewing to the Knicks. I don't think it was and I hope it wasn't but it is hard to argue with that bent envelope evidence. People think Cleveland getting LeBron was rigged but I mean, he was obviously going to be number 1 pick and we were tied with Denver for the worst record so...... yeah.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #11
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716
I don't buy into it very often. I do think that the draft when the Knicks got Ewing was rigged. There is a video that proves it on YouTube. I don't think there have been a rigged one since they went to the new system where Stern isn't involved, but I was just saying. It was just a discussion thing.

Yeah. You can see the UFO's in the background too!
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #12
LilBTheBasedGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
thread deleted in 5...4...3...

Sactown is too late for them, they are already in the process of moving or trying to move. He would only try to help them if they hadn't already negotiated with Anaheim.

My vote goes to Charlotte, Irving from Duke to Charlotte is logical for the fan base to rally around.

Why would this thread be deleted?

Jeff = Stern?
Old 04-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #13
Court Vision
#KnicksTape

Court Vision is considered somewhat coolCourt Vision is considered somewhat coolCourt Vision is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716
Minnesota
Cleveland
Toronto
Washington
Sacremento
Utah (through New Jersey)
Detroit
Cleveland (through LA Clippers)
Charlotte
Milwaukee
Golden State
Utah
Phoenix
Houston

Just looking at this list of bottom feeders makes me cringe.

Half of these teams should be wiped off the planet by the NBA. Make the league more competitive. The majority of these small market teams offer very little truthfully.
Court Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #14
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

LMAO, watch Washington win it. They wouldn't draft Irving though.

I have a feeling Detroit is winning it.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #15
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court Vision
Just looking at this list of bottom feeders makes me cringe.

Half of these teams should be wiped off the planet by the NBA. Make the league more competitive. The majority of these small market teams offer very little truthfully.

Not all lottery teams are small market teams.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: