Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-13-2006, 04:56 PM   #1
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

jlawdrummer has an OK reputation so far
Default Imagine this lineup:

Can you imagine...

Potentially, Jeffries can play the 2, and has some ok ball handling skills. Put Jeffries at 2, Lee at 3, Frye at 4, and Curry at the 5. If you play Collins with that group, I know he's not overly ready yet, but this is just hypothetical. That is the tallest lineup anyone would every field. haha, it would be amazing.

It probably wouldn't be that bad of a lineup either, considering Curry is playing great now, Frye can spread the floor a little with his outside shooting, Lee is an amazing hustle player and makes up for any lack of rebounding from the PF and C positions, jeffries is a great D guy and hustles as well, and collins has shown some ability to score, plus is a good passer.

PG: Collins 6'6"
SG: Jeffries 6'11"
SF: Lee 6'9"
PF: Frye 6'11"
C: Curry 6'11"

the bench could be ridiculously small but run & gun style team with

PG: Robinson 5'9"
SG: Marbury 6'2"
SF: Francis 6'3"
PF: QRich 6'6"
C: Balkman 6'8"

I know those guys are technically playing out of position...but teams do play 3 or 4 small guys at a time sometimes. Balkman has previously been talked about as having the ability to play C with his athleticism and reach. He obviously would not play against a Shaq or Dampier, but with most of the "Centers" in the league right now, he wouldn't even be bad. The rebounding would be decent with QRich and Balkman both having double digit rebounding games this year, and those guards together can score.

I started this as a hypothetical thing that I didn't think should happen really...but after thinking about it more, it would not be bad at all, both lineups can score, and both have at least ok defense(first lineup is amazing defensively).

Any thoughts, good, bad, "thats so dumb," whatever, are welcome.

Last edited by jlawdrummer : 12-13-2006 at 06:01 PM.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:42 PM   #2
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

So flawed I can't even figure out a place to start. I'll just say it would never work.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

No.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:56 PM   #4
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool

The problem is spacing. The factthat no one listed can hit a 3 means that every defender is just going to sag into the lane. Once Curry has 5 guys within a foot of him, your lone offensive threat is neutralized.

Point bieng, you need at least Q.Rich in that lineup.

Also, Lee is too slow to defend SF's.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:47 PM   #5
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawdrummer
Can you imagine...

Potentially, Jeffries can play the 2, and has some ok ball handling skills. Put Jeffries at 2, Lee at 3, Frye at 4, and Curry at the 5. If you play Collins with that group, I know he's not overly ready yet, but this is just hypothetical. That is the tallest lineup anyone would every field. haha, it would be amazing.

It probably wouldn't be that bad of a lineup either, considering Curry is playing great now, Frye can spread the floor a little with his outside shooting, Lee is an amazing hustle player and makes up for any lack of rebounding from the PF and C positions, jeffries is a great D guy and hustles as well, and collins has shown some ability to score, plus is a good passer.

PG: Collins 6'6"
SG: Jeffries 6'11"
SF: Lee 6'9"
PF: Frye 6'11"
C: Curry 6'11"

the bench could be ridiculously small but run & gun style team with

PG: Robinson 5'9"
SG: Marbury 6'2"
SF: Francis 6'3"
PF: QRich 6'6"
C: Balkman 6'8"

I know those guys are technically playing out of position...but teams do play 3 or 4 small guys at a time sometimes. Balkman has previously been talked about as having the ability to play C with his athleticism and reach. He obviously would not play against a Shaq or Dampier, but with most of the "Centers" in the league right now, he wouldn't even be bad. The rebounding would be decent with QRich and Balkman both having double digit rebounding games this year, and those guards together can score.

I started this as a hypothetical thing that I didn't think should happen really...but after thinking about it more, it would not be bad at all, both lineups can score, and both have at least ok defense(first lineup is amazing defensively).

Any thoughts, good, bad, "thats so dumb," whatever, are welcome.
Well, while we're at it, screw putting Mardy Collins and David Lee in the lineup, theyre too SMALL! Lets put JJ back into SF, and bring our OTHER JJ, Jerome James to play SG! He SHOULD, because he is SEVEN FEET TALL, which in your book is all that matters Oh, I almost forgot, we also have to put Kelvin Cato at the 2 guard, he is ALSO seven feet tall, so now we have a lineup that averages 7 FEET TALL!
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:55 PM   #6
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

in the words of the gm/coach "it's so crazy it just might work"
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:51 AM   #7
blakdes
I airball my layups

blakdes has an OK reputation so far

Retarded! Thats not even a good lineup in NBA Live!
blakdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:11 AM   #8
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

jlawdrummer has an OK reputation so far

alright...I don't know if I worded something wrong here, but I never said it would be a starting lineup, or even that they should play like that for a long portion of the game. I was thinking more of certain occasions when you maybe want height, or if you really really really wanna run the floor, those would be ok lineups for a few minutes. I thank Joey ZaZA for actually making a reasonalbe and knowledgeable post, and I agree, this wouldn't be a lineup that played a lot of minutes, because there are flaws in both lineups, of course. Now as far as Shafir goes...I never once said height is all that matters, I said that would be the tallest lineup anyone could probably field, and still be serviceable for a few minutes...but i'm a realistic guy, I don't expect either lineup to be able to win games necessarily. So, chill out, it was just some hypothetical fun.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #9
blakdes
I airball my layups

blakdes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawdrummer
So, chill out, it was just some hypothetical fun.

Fun? there is nothing "fun" or "Fun-ny" on the amount of games the knicks would lose with those Preposterous lineups.
blakdes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: