Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 04-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

ukfan22 has decent reputation
Default 2011 Nike Hoop Summit review

Team USA vs The World Select

The best of the "All Star" Games, IMO. Probably because it's more like a real game. Defense is played throughout and both teams want to win. Everyone makes a big deal about the McD's game and the Jordan Brand Classic, this is often overlooked.

Last year, Enes Kanter of Turkey broke Dirk's game scoring record, putting in 34 points in a 101-97 loss to Team USA. Harrison Barnes led Team USA with 27 points. Team USA is 10-3 in the series.

http://www.nikehoopsummit.com/nhs_rosters.htm
ukfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Nike Hoop Summit - Tonight (4/9) 10 PM ET - Fox Sports Net

Really pumped about this ..

In the USA side:
Never saw McAdoo and Gilchrist playing so i hope to see some good performances.
Really want to see the scoring hability of Rivers and Wroten against more physical players like the non-us.

In the "world" side:
Curious about the chinese guy, heard good things about him.
Really want to see the brazilians players again, they were very good at the under 19 world chmapionship.
Biyombo is a force of nature, let's see what he can do.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
mcrd101
Good High School Starter

mcrd101 has an OK reputation so far

world has a huge size advantage...
mcrd101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Not gonna be able to watch, but I hope my boy Bismack Biyombo impresses. Let's see how he does.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Saw where the world team has four or five guys 6'10" or taller while the tallest player for the U.S. is 6'10". And that 6'10" guy is Anthony Davis who is rail thin and more of a face-up PF. Of course I'm guessing several of those 6'10"+ guys for the world team are face-up finesse bigs, also.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far

I don't really follow this much but I've heard things about Biyombo and watched a video of him. Is his game similar to Serge Ibaka's when he first came into the league? Thats what it seemed like from the little I saw of him
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #7
PGDan15
I brick open layups

PGDan15 has an OK reputation so far

Anyone have a link to watch this online?
PGDan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #8
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

has the game started? it is scheduled to be on msg plus but all i see is hockey?
IGOTGAME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #9
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's scheduled to be on FSN where I live (start time 9:30) and all I'm getting is Texas Rangers postgame.

This is the one high school all-star game I truly care about watching and it's being pushed off the air by a baseball postgame show.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #10
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
It's scheduled to be on FSN where I live (start time 9:30) and all I'm getting is Texas Rangers postgame.

This is the one high school all-star game I truly care about watching and it's being pushed off the air by a baseball postgame show.

same here I'm pissed. Im getting postgame hockey commentary!
Old 04-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #11
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

ukfan22 has decent reputation

Biyambo is a monster.
ukfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #12
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

I really like Wroten's court vision...
Old 04-09-2011, 11:43 PM   #13
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How long until we start hearing people want to tank for Anthony Davis? Couldn't blame em.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:56 PM   #14
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Biyamobo has 10/10 and 9 blocks. Don't know if he got the tripdub (this isn't live) but I'd imagine so. I hadn't ever heard of this kid a week ago, now I want him to be there for Indy at 15.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:21 AM   #15
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Biyamobo has 10/10 and 9 blocks. Don't know if he got the tripdub (this isn't live) but I'd imagine so. I hadn't ever heard of this kid a week ago, now I want him to be there for Indy at 15.

Started a thread about him like a month ago.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=211989
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: