Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 04-15-2011, 04:48 AM   #16
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Would you rather have Chris Paul or Dwight Howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbasesalt
It really depends on the strength of the division you're in.

For example, the Raptors won 47 games in 06-07, with a roster I think is just as weak as ours today. They had a bunch of Euro no defense players. Jose Calderon, Bargnani, Garbajosa. and Anthony Parker. Sam Mitchell won coach of the year. Next season he was fired just like LB.

It's a very rare feat for such a bad team to win so many games. And that team still had a prime TJ Ford, Parker when he was still pretty good, Calderon off the bench. That's a pretty solid backcourt.

If you are going to call (Bobcats era) Larry Hughes and Radmanovic great players what do you call the 95% of NBA players who are better than them? Those guys are bottom of the barrel.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:26 PM   #17
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

**** it I'm done
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #18
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Interesting ? there rufus. If you would have asked me this question two years ago, I would have said CP3 without much debate. I know, this time two years ago Howard and the Magic were in the Finals playing against the Lakers where they ultimately lost the series. In the Finals, he folded. Make me really ? his character.

Since then and especially this season, D.How has vastly improved in many facets of his game, most notably his ability to take over a game offensively, as well as defensively. You don't find many players of his caliber. He's still not Mr. Clutch, but he can only do (improve) one thing at a time.

D. How influences the game probably more than any player in the league not named LeBron James. CP3 strongly influences the game too, and at a very high level, but still not on the same plateau that Howard can.

Imagine a Bobcats team with both Howard and CP. We'd be damn near unstoppable, and I could see us being at least a # 3 seed in the playoffs (if not better).

Back to reality, I agree with LJJ on CP being the best PG in the league. This obviously won't last for long if Rose keeps doing his thing. Rose's consistency tells me he's the real deal. Deron Williams says hello too. I'm just glad this league FINALLY has some legit PG's. They'll help keep this league interesting for another decade or so.

Last edited by Legend of Josh : 04-20-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: