Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 04-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #361
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Magic vs Hawks

Dwight and Nelson did there part but where was Turk and Jason?
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:56 PM   #362
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
It's going to take a LOT more than Bynum to get Dwight Howard. I just don't think the Lakers have what it takes to get him and even if they do, by the time that happens, a lot of Lakers will be out of the game or dead men walking.
From a money POV, it won't take much more since Bynum makes roughly 2 mil less than Dwight.

As far as your other piece of your post.....

Kobe and Pau are locked up for 3 more

Even if Odom Artest and Fisher aren't there, which they are....

Add Dwight and they still contend.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:36 PM   #363
dgnr8
Putang Ina Nyo!

dgnr8 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju151111
He not stat padding. He dominating with no help. Bulls coach used this defense too. You know u can't sop DH especially this season with his new Post moves. Let him score and shut everyone else down. DH needs someone to create by them self. DH is just wasting his prime. I hate seeing great players not having a team to compete in their prime.

Like KG..
dgnr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:58 AM   #364
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

D.How is obviously a superstar in this league (commonly accepted as Top 5); his performance 46/19 was beastly (8 turnovers or not). His powerhouse display solidifies he can be an offensive # option threat for an elite team (regardless of conference).

Alright enough nut hugging - I'm a DH fan, but his arrogance (on the court, I could care less how stuck up his own ass he is OTC) is beginning to really piss me off. The treatment of superstars in this league almost sickening. His reckless 'frustration' foul was beyond a simple 'emotions got the best of me oversight. It was barbaric and pathetically uncalled for.

Amazing he doesnt get an automatic suspension. Yeah, it's the playoff and Orlando is already down in the series but no way IMO he should be suiting-up for Game 2. If this play were reversed it (can't think of the other player's name) but possibility he could have been ejected or possibly suspended for Game 2.

The worst part? DW had the nerve to not humble himself and realize something serious could have resulted from his foolishness. To top it off - the asshole was laughing and giggling like 'hey fu*k it, I'm Dwight Howard, what's the big fu*kin' deal? Refs shouldn't have even called that shit.'

What an asshole. If he was caught in the moment and slipped bc he was purely beat on the play, then get down out of the clouds, apologize and respect the position you're in and be a professional.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:13 AM   #365
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
D.How is obviously a superstar in this league (commonly accepted as Top 5); his performance 46/19 was beastly (8 turnovers or not). His powerhouse display solidifies he can be an offensive # option threat for an elite team (regardless of conference).

Alright enough nut hugging - I'm a DH fan, but his arrogance (on the court, I could care less how stuck up his own ass he is OTC) is beginning to really piss me off. The treatment of superstars in this league almost sickening. His reckless 'frustration' foul was beyond a simple 'emotions got the best of me oversight. It was barbaric and pathetically uncalled for.

Amazing he doesnt get an automatic suspension. Yeah, it's the playoff and Orlando is already down in the series but no way IMO he should be suiting-up for Game 2. If this play were reversed it (can't think of the other player's name) but possibility he could have been ejected or possibly suspended for Game 2.

The worst part? DW had the nerve to not humble himself and realize something serious could have resulted from his foolishness. To top it off - the asshole was laughing and giggling like 'hey fu*k it, I'm Dwight Howard, what's the big fu*kin' deal? Refs shouldn't have even called that shit.'

What an asshole. If he was caught in the moment and slipped bc he was purely beat on the play, then get down out of the clouds, apologize and respect the position you're in and be a professional.
I don't know what more D-Howard wants. He led the league in FTA per game this season and complains there aren't enough fouls called for him.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:46 AM   #366
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I don't know what more D-Howard wants. He led the league in FTA per game this season and complains there aren't enough fouls called for him.

No, he complains that despite getting fouled more than anyone in the league, and straight up murdered on some plays, that nobody has even received ONE flagrant foul against him all season.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:47 AM   #367
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board

46/19, that's crazy. If Howard gets a team around him he's going to be scary...
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:58 AM   #368
nashwade
High School Varsity 12th Man

nashwade has an OK reputation so far

j.rich went from top scorer in Suns to a scrub in Magic... which genius dreamed up the trade?
nashwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #369
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

Magic should be ok in the series...I just hope SVG doesn't overreact. Only change I would make is starting Anderson over Bass.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #370
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here

SVG is probably already in panic mode

That game was brutal to watch, i severly underrestimated the hawks. Props to them, they came out hard and played well all game

The magic have made stupid trades ever since they made the finals, if they lose this series say bye to howard. That foul on zsa zsa? was it? was disgusting. I can understand howards frustration though, his team just did not show up.

Id say it all depends on when next season actually starts and what is on offer for howard as I doubt he will want to sign an extension. I wouldnt listen to what smith has to say either, piss poor judge of talent and king of crap trades...
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #371
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

The Hawks have the right game plan.

Guard Dwight straight up one on one, and force the other Magic players to hit contested shots.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #372
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
The Hawks have the right game plan.

Guard Dwight straight up one on one, and force the other Magic players to hit contested shots.
Yeah, In fact this season's Atlanta is different than the last because they actually have an effective D12 check, Jason Collins.

I still picked the Magic in 7 because the Hawks have still disappointed all season and I wouldn't count on them to win.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #373
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

The Hawks showed yesterday that the Magic are now really a one man team, kind of like what the Cavs were when they had LBJ.

The rest of team was just awful and the Hawks have an all around better team than the Magic, taking away Howard for the Magic and Johnson for the Hawks.

Rick Sund's strategy has been brilliant - collect as many bigs as possible. And they really gave Howard a hard time, even though he got 46 points. Great work by Collins.

Larry Drew did a brilliant job coaching.

We have a real chance of winning this series and turning the 2012 Magic-Howard situation into what happened this year with Denver-Carmelo. And turning the chance of getting Howard into Atlanta in 2012 into a real, real possibility.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #374
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

The Magic should counter Jason Collins with Malik Allen, since that's the only real big the Magic have off the bench. They sure are missing Gortat.

Mike Gearon was right last year when he said Jason Collins should have gotten more run - it would have made a big difference against the Magic last year.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #375
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodnus
If the Magic get eliminated in the first round, bye bye Dwight see you in L.A.

He'll come back home to Atlanta.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: