Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 04-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #46
Droid101
3-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Spurs vs Grizzlies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninephive
So...in 15 years the Grizzlies haven't managed even ONE playoff win...not series...just 1 GAME...but they're going to sweep the Spurs?! Wow.
You can't really compare this group to the Hubie Brown-led group, that had 10 players playing 24 minutes.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #47
ninephive
Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4...

ninephive has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
You can't really compare this group to the Hubie Brown-led group, that had 10 players playing 24 minutes.
True...they were actually a better team back then (49, 50 win seasons).
ninephive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #48
CarloJ63
Can barely lace up my sneakers

CarloJ63 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
True...they were actually a better team back then (49, 50 win seasons).

Actually this years team is better than any of those. This team has mental toughness and some veteran experience, that the 50 win team didn't. What the 50 win team had, was a brilliant basketball teacher and coach leading them. No disrespect to Coach Hollins, but Hubie was the only coach who could have gotten that team to reach as high as they did.
CarloJ63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #49
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
Anyone else notice this idiot calls everyone trolls who doesn't agree with with his views?

I think you're the bigger troll of the group. People are allowed to have a different opinion than you and not be trolling.

First of all, you complete imbecile, trolls who have done nothing but hate on the Spurs team since I have even been on this site, coming into here saying the Spurs will lose in 5-6 games, are obviously trolling as usual. It isn't an "opinion" anymore when it comes from a Spurs hater, who never posts anything positive about the team at any point. It's just more troll posting.

I don't care if someone agrees with my views or not, I provide my view, and whoever wants to read it, and agree or disagree with it, that's up to them. it doesn't matter whichever way it goes. When some dipshit says the top seeded team is going to lose in the first round, how can you not think that's anything besides trolling? Seriously. If I said LA would get swept in the first round, it'd be thought of as a troll post, wouldn't it? What if i said they'd lose in 6? It'd still be thought of as a troll post. Same thing applies here.

Of course, you're going to chime in here whining about my post, not because you disagree with me, but simply because you don't like me. There were other people who actually physically replied to posters, but you chose to reply to my post instead. Rather selective. But I don't expect anything else from an agenda poster such as yourself. Your pathetic attempt at discrediting me isn't going to get you anywhere. My post was full of facts, and a good argument. Whining about my posts doesn't change the fact that both of you are dumbasses, and have been wrong about the Spurs the entire season. You will be wrong yet again. You failures are used to be wrong though, so I'm sure you'll bounce back from this epic failure, and predict that they'll lose in the next round too. Then that they'll lose in the round after that, then I'm sure you'll predict they'll get swept in the Finals or some other troll shit, should they get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
He doesn't believe strongly they will win. If he did he'd have 400 posts in the thread. For all his bullshit he's a total frontrunner, he'll post ten times more if they are winning.

Lmao, stfu newb. The Spurs will obviously win this series. Memphis is not even close to being as good as the Spurs team right now. Why wouldn't I be confident about this series? The Grizzlies don't even have Rudy Gay playing right now. The Spurs can beat them even without Manu easily. Let's not forget both games Memphis won came A: Without Parker (at Memphis), and B: Without Duncan (at Memphis). Duncan and Parker are more vital to the team functioning normally than Manu is. Manu puts the team over the top, but doesn't make it function besides when Parker is on the bench.

I didn't post much because I haven't been on my computer much in the last couple days. I'm not going to sit around all day replying to every ignorant post from ghost fans who didn't appear until the playoffs, and from trolls like Droid101 who pokes pins into a vodoo doll with Gregg Popovich's picture and a tiny Tim Duncan jersey on it every night. The maximum I will do is post one post a day into this thread until there are actual games going on. Random ass discussion with all the Spurs haters isn't very high in my priority list.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:26 PM   #50
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

i don't see the spurs having problems with the grizz. yeah the season split 2-2, but the last game there was no duncan. i see the spurs take this in 5.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:25 AM   #51
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
So...in 15 years the Grizzlies haven't managed even ONE playoff win...not series...just 1 GAME...but they're going to sweep the Spurs?! Wow.

When you have a guy like Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo on your side, we will rewrite our franchises history books
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:28 AM   #52
thomaspynchon
Banned

thomaspynchon has not been impressing people

I really want to see Memphis win this.
thomaspynchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:07 AM   #53
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
First of all, you complete imbecile, trolls who have done nothing but hate on the Spurs team since I have even been on this site, coming into here saying the Spurs will lose in 5-6 games, are obviously trolling as usual. It isn't an "opinion" anymore when it comes from a Spurs hater, who never posts anything positive about the team at any point. It's just more troll posting.

I don't care if someone agrees with my views or not, I provide my view, and whoever wants to read it, and agree or disagree with it, that's up to them. it doesn't matter whichever way it goes. When some dipshit says the top seeded team is going to lose in the first round, how can you not think that's anything besides trolling? Seriously. If I said LA would get swept in the first round, it'd be thought of as a troll post, wouldn't it? What if i said they'd lose in 6? It'd still be thought of as a troll post. Same thing applies here.

Of course, you're going to chime in here whining about my post, not because you disagree with me, but simply because you don't like me. There were other people who actually physically replied to posters, but you chose to reply to my post instead. Rather selective. But I don't expect anything else from an agenda poster such as yourself. Your pathetic attempt at discrediting me isn't going to get you anywhere. My post was full of facts, and a good argument. Whining about my posts doesn't change the fact that both of you are dumbasses, and have been wrong about the Spurs the entire season. You will be wrong yet again. You failures are used to be wrong though, so I'm sure you'll bounce back from this epic failure, and predict that they'll lose in the next round too. Then that they'll lose in the round after that, then I'm sure you'll predict they'll get swept in the Finals or some other troll shit, should they get there.

Lmao, stfu newb. The Spurs will obviously win this series. Memphis is not even close to being as good as the Spurs team right now. Why wouldn't I be confident about this series? The Grizzlies don't even have Rudy Gay playing right now. The Spurs can beat them even without Manu easily. Let's not forget both games Memphis won came A: Without Parker (at Memphis), and B: Without Duncan (at Memphis). Duncan and Parker are more vital to the team functioning normally than Manu is. Manu puts the team over the top, but doesn't make it function besides when Parker is on the bench.

I didn't post much because I haven't been on my computer much in the last couple days. I'm not going to sit around all day replying to every ignorant post from ghost fans who didn't appear until the playoffs, and from trolls like Droid101 who pokes pins into a vodoo doll with Gregg Popovich's picture and a tiny Tim Duncan jersey on it every night. The maximum I will do is post one post a day into this thread until there are actual games going on. Random ass discussion with all the Spurs haters isn't very high in my priority list.
You post a shitload when the Spurs are winning a lot and less when they lose. When there is a game thread you post constantly if the Spurs are kicking ass, and in the games they are getting killed (like the Laker game) you dissapear completely. Total frontrunner. I'd expect very little out of you after rd 2.

and i dont think memphis is winning so no need to post 3,000 words why i am wrong about grizzlies winning, i dont think they do.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:11 AM   #54
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

BTW, Popovich is funny. Duncan said the great thing a bout this team is they play Spurs style defense with their new offense. When told of this Pop said "No we don't. Our defense is nowhere near that."
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:27 PM   #55
Reverend Hoops
Decent college freshman

Reverend Hoops has decent reputationReverend Hoops has decent reputation

Conley-Tony Allen-Shane Battier is a tough defensive backcourt.

Duncan is the x-factor for the Spurs.
Reverend Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:05 PM   #56
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

This isn't a great matchup for SA, that's for sure. Their experience will probably save the day for them, but if Manu isn't effective, it could be a lot closer. Conley,Allen and Mayo should be able to do a good job on Parker and Hill and Battier should take away Jefferson pretty much. He also brings a ton of experience and grit to the table, smarts too as he's amongst the best at film break down. the key is up front. I think Memphis may be able to straight bang on SA. Gasol is going to make Duncan work on both ends with his brute physicality and skill level, which is solid. Randolph could potentially go nuts with Blair having to guard him and Arthur and Hadaddi have provided nice depth behind them.

If Gay was healthy, I think Memphis might do it, but I don't know if they have the scoring to get it done, unless Mayo averages 20 or more. That isn't impossible I suppose. With Gay to pair with Randolph and Mayo as more of a compliment and X factor, they'd have plenty of firepower, as Gasol and Conley do well in the 3rd/4th options rolls. The way Allen is playing can't be discounted and Allen and Battier's experience and D can't be discounted come playoff time either. I picked SA in 6, but its one to watch, especially with Manu.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #57
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
We got a live one!

Nah, Manu Ginobili was not the Spurs' lone advantage over the Grizzlies. He isn't worth 20 games over the lowly 8th seeded Grizz.

He was a pretty big one though, a star player like him added to an already solid team can surely take you from the 45-50 win range to the 55-60 win range, I'd say. It was 15 games, not 20 for the record.

While Memphis still doesn't have Rudy Gay, I think they have gotten better as the year has gone on. Gay may cost them the series being out and all, but they have added Battier, Allen really stepped up in the 2nd half, Conley has found his rhythm. They had some success against SA and the matchups are favorable, as Memphis has a good defender to put on all of SA's good players and they have an edge up front IMO, unless Duncan goes ham
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #58
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
You post a shitload when the Spurs are winning a lot and less when they lose. When there is a game thread you post constantly if the Spurs are kicking ass, and in the games they are getting killed (like the Laker game) you dissapear completely. Total frontrunner. I'd expect very little out of you after rd 2.

and i dont think memphis is winning so no need to post 3,000 words why i am wrong about grizzlies winning, i dont think they do.

I post a lot whether they're winning or losing. Sometimes I just don't come on as much due to busy life, such as when I have to work late 4-5 days in a row and have no time at night to do anything but make dinner and spend a couple hours with my gf before bed. It happens during win streaks as well as losing streaks. Meaning, it has nothing to do with them winning or not. It's just random. For example, I posted a lot during the Spurs 6 game losing streak. I didn't magically not post or disappear. I posted in every GT, and several other Spurs threads, enduring all the trolling. Now you're pretending like I don't post when they lose? Stop lying, faggot. I post for them regardless, and am one of the few posters who DOESN'T disappear if my team fails. You're using a blanket troll statement hoping it fits. Too bad it doesn't. Fail.

As for the Lakers game thread, I was watching it with friends. In fact, I even specifically said in that thread that I would be watching the double header that day with friends irl before the game even started. Hence why I didn't post in it until after the game. fuckin dumbass. Stop spreading lies because your team is a joke, and you've been dead wrong about SA with every single one of your posts throughout the season, and I've been correct. Did the Spurs get a top 3 seed like I said, or a bottom 3 like you said? #1 seed. SJ: 1 niko: 0 Did the Spurs big 3 barely miss any games this year, or did they get injured and miss tons like you claimed they would? They missed a grand combined total of 13 games. 6 of those 13 were coach's choice rest days. SJ: 2 niko: 0. I said the Knicks wouldn't win more than 45 games with Amar'e, and would finish lower than the Bulls easily. You said they would. They only won 42. SJ: 3 Niko: 0

In essence, everything you've argued with me about, you've been wrong about, and I've been right about. Every single thing. Now you're lying and claiming I'm a "frontrunner", even though I've always stuck around after losses to argue with the deluge of Lakers trolls. Do I need to post links to GTs after Spurs losses so it can be 4-0? Seriously? You're wrong about everything you argue with me about. Do you know why niko? I don't open my mouth about something unless I know I'm right. If you argue with me, you can rest assured that you are wrong. If I don't know about something, I don't talk about it. It's pretty simple really. That's not something you do though. You just run your mouth and hope you're right. Pretty pathetic tbh.

Finally, I wish I could say the same and that I expect to not hear anything out of you after the Knicks get eliminated, but I know you'll be trolling as usual because that's all you can do since your team is still garbage. You're used to it, so I don't expect any changes. Should SA win the title this year, I expect you to come up with some sort of excuse as to why they did. Or perhaps you will take the lowest route of all and claim that they're the "worst team to win a title", or some other garbage, to try and take away from the joy of Spurs fans for winning a title in another one of your fits of jealousy.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #59
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
This isn't a great matchup for SA, that's for sure. Their experience will probably save the day for them, but if Manu isn't effective, it could be a lot closer. Conley,Allen and Mayo should be able to do a good job on Parker and Hill and Battier should take away Jefferson pretty much. He also brings a ton of experience and grit to the table, smarts too as he's amongst the best at film break down. the key is up front. I think Memphis may be able to straight bang on SA. Gasol is going to make Duncan work on both ends with his brute physicality and skill level, which is solid. Randolph could potentially go nuts with Blair having to guard him and Arthur and Hadaddi have provided nice depth behind them.

If Gay was healthy, I think Memphis might do it, but I don't know if they have the scoring to get it done, unless Mayo averages 20 or more. That isn't impossible I suppose. With Gay to pair with Randolph and Mayo as more of a compliment and X factor, they'd have plenty of firepower, as Gasol and Conley do well in the 3rd/4th options rolls. The way Allen is playing can't be discounted and Allen and Battier's experience and D can't be discounted come playoff time either. I picked SA in 6, but its one to watch, especially with Manu.

OJ Mayo was born ready for this. Let's do this.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:29 AM   #60
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
He was a pretty big one though, a star player like him added to an already solid team can surely take you from the 45-50 win range to the 55-60 win range, I'd say. It was 15 games, not 20 for the record.
Argument by assertion. Need to justify that.

It's interesting to see what you chose to quote, and ignore the rest of my post.

Once the Grizz improve their 3 point defense, and pick and roll defense, both staples of the Spurs attack, then I'll start taking them seriously.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: