Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 04-16-2011, 02:16 AM   #106
Colby Brian
Banned

Colby Brian has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Lakers vs Hornets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
I hope the Lakers don't even make the WCF. The bandwagon already started rolling here in L.A and Lakers fans are annoying.

U MAD?
Colby Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #107
VIP2000
High School Starter

VIP2000 has decent reputation

The Lakers got the easiest first round matchup this year. I'd rather Houston be in the playoffs. The Rockets wouldn't win either, but they're scrappy enough to put up a fight.

I honestly think the Hornets will get swept with all four games being blowouts.
VIP2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #108
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
Apparently...the Lakers are always perfectly healthy and never have any health issues to deal with

No kidding. I suppose we're relatively healthy this year compared to year's past, but Barnes' knee isn't healed, Bynum's not 100%, and Steve Blake's got pox. Of course that stuff is never mentioned... I wonder why?
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #109
The GM
#ballislife

The GM is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The Lakers are going to come out and put the league back on notice now that it's playoff time. Kobe, Pau and L.O. alone are too much for the Hornets, I expect Kobe to be guarding Paul a lot making him close to a non-factor. I see the Lakers winning in 5 but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if this were a sweep.
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #110
game3524
Local High School Star

game3524 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
No point in even watching this series. Lakers can beat the Hornets (minus David West) even if they sit Bynum for the entire series. Lakers once again get the easiest route possible in the playoffs. Injured first round team, injured second round team (no matter which team they meet there), then WCF. Lucked out again. But perhaps the second round might be interesting.

It is not LA"s fault that the Grizzlies don't fear the Spurs.
game3524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #111
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if this series go 7, as the Lakers have the tendency to coast.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #112
macpierce
Arcadia, CA

macpierce has decent reputationmacpierce has decent reputation

if the lakers are in playoff mode, they should sweep since west is out
macpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:18 AM   #113
Jr Llaban
Dat Steez.

Jr Llaban has decent reputationJr Llaban has decent reputation

Ready for tomorrow
Jr Llaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:30 AM   #114
DixieNourmous
Livin Large

DixieNourmous has a terrific reputationDixieNourmous has a terrific reputationDixieNourmous has a terrific reputationDixieNourmous has a terrific reputationDixieNourmous has a terrific reputationDixieNourmous has a terrific reputation

Let the games begin
DixieNourmous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #115
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Rangers vs Capitals on NBC at 3PM(EST)>>>>>> Hornets vs Lakers.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #116
EMERE
High school junior varsity star

EMERE has an OK reputation so far

Should be a sweep, if not then the Lakers take in 5. I've been reading several Hornets forums and they say that the NBA and Stern will not let the Hornets advanced due to the fact that the Lakers are a "popular" team, maybe because their a better team thats why they are going to win? Logic does not apply to people nowadays i guess.
EMERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #117
Assassin
Local High School Star

Assassin has an OK reputation so far

It's gonna be a sweep. Gonna be interesting to see Ariza play against his former team though.
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #118
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanLA92
If the Lakers actually decide to play as champs, they should win this series in 4 or 5 games. But if they feel not too motivated like they have for most of the season then this series will go 6 or even 7(see the Houston series in 09).

Yeah....it's all about motivation.....don't even have to look any farther than the last game against the Kings.....blowing a 20 point lead in the 4th against a 24 win team....WTF!!!!

They need to finish this thing in 4, avoid injury and get rest.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #119
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by game3524
It is not LA"s fault that the Grizzlies don't fear the Spurs.

Agreed.
The Grizzlies didn't want to face the Lakers. Is that LAL's fault? No, the Griz wanted to take on the Spurs. They think the Spurs would be easier than the Lakers. LOL
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #120
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERE
Should be a sweep, if not then the Lakers take in 5. I've been reading several Hornets forums and they say that the NBA and Stern will not let the Hornets advanced due to the fact that the Lakers are a "popular" team, maybe because their a better team thats why they are going to win? Logic does not apply to people nowadays i guess.

There are idiotic conspiracists in every subject matter...
I am one of the believers that the NBA extended the 2010 Finals to 7 games in order to make the most profit off of the Lakers-Celtics rivalry, but Hornets being defeated intentionally for popularity? Umm... No.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: